PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Results

mesler
01-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Just got an email from a meetup member who received an email from Jason Dore, Political Director of the LAGOP. Doesn't look pretty. Bare in mind these are unofficial results, does not include provisional votes.

We (RP Folks) likely have the most amount of provisional ballots, but I don't know if it will make much of a difference in District 1. I hope it helps out in the other districts.

On Tuesday night, approximately ten thousand Louisiana Republicans caucused in 11 different cities across the state. Those attending the caucuses cast their vote for 15 delegates and 15 alternates to represent their congressional district at the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention. Results were tallied on site late into the night and then reported to Republican Party Headquarters in Baton Rouge. Of the thousands of ballots cast, approximately 650 were cast provisionally.

Before these provisional ballots are counted, LAGOP staff must verify that the voter was a registered Republican voter in his or her congressional district as of November 30, 2007. The counting of provisional ballots in the 3rd and 7th Congressional districts is not needed to verify the results as the margin of victory for all winning candidates is larger than the number of provisional ballots casts. For the other five Congressional districts, Republican Party staff members will begin the process of verifying the results through each parish's registrar of voter's office. Once that process is complete, the Secretary of the Republican of Louisiana will certify the official results.

Prior to the tabulation of the provisional ballots, the uncommitted "Pro-Life/Pro-Family" slate appears to have won a majority of delegates in all seven congressional districts.

All candidates who ran for alternate delegate in the the 2nd, 3rd and 4th congressional districts won after qualifying as there were 15 or fewer candidates for those positions. The attached files contain the unofficial results broken down by district and position. The P column shows the number of provisional ballots cast.

Rex
01-23-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm not sure how to read the excels... by first glance it didn't look good.

mesler
01-23-2008, 07:50 AM
<snip>
Verifying information.

ChrisM
01-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Attached file? That would have preliminary results, right? So..... Are we not allowed to see them?

CelestialRender
01-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Attached file? That would have preliminary results, right? So..... Are we not allowed to see them?

This is at the bottom of the email, just for the record, if anyone decides to post them:

"The information contained in this communication is confidential and proprietary information intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying, or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately."

That said, I would do it, if I had any clue how to attach 10+ excel sheets to a post here.

Edit after reading D7 ballot: Wow, that looks horrible. They got 66% or so of the vote, if those numbers are correct.

We did have _quite_ a few people they pretended weren't on the rolls though. We'll see.

jersdream
01-23-2008, 08:05 AM
fuck....Louisiana people failed to counter this ticket....such a smart move by people who support idiots....

PennCustom4RP
01-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Even if the pro-life/pro family bloc got more in total, this is the four other candidates banding together to try and fill the slate. These banded delegates are still delegates for a specific candidate, and the votes for each delegate will go to their specific candidate.
All this means is that the other 4 combined got more than RP, but no single one out did us.
This is still an individual contest.
Correct?

jersdream
01-23-2008, 08:08 AM
it is individual...but the people now voting will ONLY be the ones on that ticket...meaning 0 RP delegates...a failure in swampland

mesler
01-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Basically anyone on the pro-life/pro-family ticket seems to have overtaken the RP folks. :( I haven't looked at each district, but it definitely happened in my district (1) and a few others I checked briefly.

Here are the numbers AG Crowe, father of a meetup member who is a local rep. He likely doesn't know anyone in Kenner, but he was on the pro-life/pro-family ticket:

St. Tammany: 235
Orleans: 18
Kenner: 176
Total: 429

in contrast, here is the lady who organizes and is a lawyer in Orleans:
St. TammanY: 113
Orleans: 38
Kenner: 133
Total: 284

I seriously doubt everyone in Kenner knew AG Crowe, so I'm fairly sure all the local politicians sent out emails to their constituents and coaxed them into coming out to support the pro-life/pro-family candidates. As if RP isn't pro-life and pro-family.

mcgraw_wv
01-23-2008, 08:13 AM
What does any of this mean?

Did we win or not?

What looks horrible about getting 66% percent of the vote?

I mena all these LA posts say nothing...

Sandra
01-23-2008, 08:13 AM
About 1/2 of all RP voters did so on a provisional ballot. Those have NOT been counted!

athlon64bit
01-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Will they be counted? Are they countable I mean? Are you saying that they are null and void or that they haven't got around to counting them yet or what?

dawnbt
01-23-2008, 08:15 AM
How is it possible for this pro-life/pro-family crap? Why isn't it candidates only? Anyone can just swoon in and create a "group"? Unbelievable? Is that it? Can this be fought?

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm going to pursue that legally.

jersdream
01-23-2008, 08:21 AM
this really does suck....
figures Louisiana, was, still is, and forever will be America's shithole. Corruption...

bgarrett
01-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Good for you Rex! You know to call on us for anything you need

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:22 AM
If anyone can find some useful information that would be great. I don't think the LAGOP is going to be giving me any info...

Sandra
01-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Will they be counted? Are they countable I mean? Are you saying that they are null and void or that they haven't got around to counting them yet or what?

They are new voters that registered by Nov 30. They have to check their voter registration for validity.

aymn27
01-23-2008, 08:25 AM
This is at the bottom of the email, just for the record, if anyone decides to post them:

"The information contained in this communication is confidential and proprietary information intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying, or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately."

That said, I would do it, if I had any clue how to attach 10+ excel sheets to a post here.

Edit after reading D7 ballot: Wow, that looks horrible. They got 66% or so of the vote, if those numbers are correct.

We did have _quite_ a few people they pretended weren't on the rolls though. We'll see.
Unless Lafayette had an assload of folks voting that way I say that is TOTAL BULLSHIT....seriously...I will not stand by and let them steal this....

PennCustom4RP
01-23-2008, 08:25 AM
How is it possible for this pro-life/pro-family crap? Why isn't it candidates only? Anyone can just swoon in and create a "group"? Unbelievable? Is that it? Can this be fought?

I believe it is candidates only. A bloc of candidates voters, voting on an issue, is not a candidate.
Lets wait and see what develops this morning, get clarification, this could be all misinfo....

athlon64bit
01-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Thank you Sandra.

yankee_blue
01-23-2008, 08:30 AM
I got this by my own calculations, no provisionals counted, an unofficial:

District 1: 0 Delegates
District 2: 0 Delegates
District 3: 5 Delegates
District 4: 1 Delegate
District 5: 10 Delegates
District 6: 0 Delegates
District 7: 0 Delegates

Out of 105 Delegates we got 16... Not good... Basically we got outslicked and got our asses handed to us by the Pro Life/Pro Family folks. I can't imagine they did anything illegal. This was not an election for the presidential candidate but an election of delegates. They can campaign however they want to.

Outsmarted. Outfoxed. Bitter pill.

jersdream
01-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Agreed Yankee blue,

the Louisiana team was arrogant, shame on them...they bragged, celebrated, etc. without countering this move....they cots us this election.

ChicagoLawyer
01-23-2008, 08:36 AM
I wasn't at the caucuses, and have only been to Louisiana once in my life, but I think these results are probably not too bad as long as the "Pro-Life/Pro-Family" elected delegates are split between different candidates in their own preferences. My understanding is they will all vote (whether state-wide or by district) at the state convention on February 16 for the actual national delegates, unless a candidate gets over 50% of the vote in the primary on February 9. Unless every candidate drops out right after Super Tuesday on February 5, I don't see that happening. Therefore, when the P-L-P-F people vote on February 16 they'll each have to pick their favorite candidate. Unless they take a vote amongst themselves and vote en mass for THAT winner (which I guess they could do) they'll split their vote among the Huck, McCain, Romney, Rudy, and maybe even a few for Ron Paul. That means that it'll still be a race that Ron Paul will have a lot of voters in.

Plus, there's still the provisional ballots, so a lot if still to come.

Sandra
Jersdream is a troll. We Have to wait for provisional ballots to be counted. Hundreds of votes were cast that way from RP supporters so please keep your crappy comments until they come in. No body will give official counts until these come in. Why Dore sent that email is a complete mystery to me.

PennCustom4RP
Agreed Yankee blue,

the Louisiana team was arrogant, shame on them...they bragged, celebrated, etc. without countering this move....they cots us this election.

Ok ...how do you counter it, we fill every delegate slate, alternates too...maxed...

tonyr1988
Agreed Yankee blue,

*Way* too harsh, *way* too early.

At least wait until we fscking know something for sure.

Sarge
01-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I am wondering how they could come in on the night of caucus and make up a new slate?

I thought that had to be listed and approved ahead of time. Any help on understanding this will be appreciated.

From earlier reading, I thought it was too late for them to do this. If this is allowed, it would seem to say one need not do anything prior, and then just be able to come in and steal votes when they didn't get their slates of delegates lined up timely. All might want to work for rule changes, so this can't happen in the future.

Pii
01-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Can we not dump on the Louisiana supporters please?

They certainly got a great turnout, and had a really strong presence all over the place.

Now if the provisional votes haven't yet been counted, and they are "provisional" based on the fact that they were newly registered republicans, and there are really as many provisional ballots are we are hearing about, then this isn't close to over.

You think all of those recently registered republicans switched party affiliations so they could vote for Romney, McCain, Giuliani, or PROLIFE? I think not...

tonyr1988
01-23-2008, 08:38 AM
I wasn't at the caucuses, and have only been to Louisiana once in my life, but I think these results are probably not too bad as long as the "Pro-Life/Pro-Family" elected delegates are split between different candidates in their own preferences. My understanding is they will all vote (whether state-wide or by district) at the state convention on February 16 for the actual national delegates, unless a candidate gets over 50% of the vote in the primary on February 9. Unless every candidate drops out right after Super Tuesday on February 5, I don't see that happening. Therefore, when the P-L-P-F people vote on February 16 they'll each have to pick their favorite candidate. Unless they take a vote amongst themselves and vote en mass for THAT winner (which I guess they could do) they'll split their vote among the Huck, McCain, Romney, Rudy, and maybe even a few for Ron Paul. That means that it'll still be a race that Ron Paul will have a lot of voters in.

Plus, there's still the provisional ballots, so a lot if still to come.

Why do they have to split their vote at the state convention? Don't all of LA delegates (barring 50%+1 in primary) go to the national convention as "undeclared"? So won't they just vote for other PLPF people, leaving us with zero? (speculation, assuming prelim data is correct)

bradens4ronpaul
01-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Agreed Yankee blue,

Well, that is just not in the spirit of things. Our people worked tirelessly on many different areas and in many different ways. At first glance, yeah, everyone here thought we had it, however, how would you fight a priest/pastor getting in front of 300 or so people and telling them to vote for this "pro-life" ticket. This happened at several churches we are aware of, and we tried to counter that by distributing hundreds of RP's pro-life fliers in the church parking lots!
We did what we could, and we are heartbroken to see these results. But, thanks for giving us credit where credit is due.

PennCustom4RP
01-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Why do they have to split their vote at the state convention? Don't all of LA delegates (barring 50%+1 in primary) go to the national convention as "undeclared"? So won't they just vote for other PLPF people, leaving us with zero? (speculation, assuming prelim data is correct)

as I said before, they have to vote for someone, they can't vote this as an issue, and call rudymcromneyhuckleberry a single candidate...

tonyr1988
01-23-2008, 08:44 AM
as I said before, they have to vote for someone, they can't vote this as an issue, and call rudymcromneyhuckleberry a single candidate...

They have to vote for someone as a delegate, but not as a candidate's delegate, correct? Or do things change at the state convention, and they become part of candidate tickets?

In other words, why can't they still vote for other PLPF people to go to nationals?

yankee_blue
01-23-2008, 08:45 AM

I can't imagine that what the group in question did was wrong or illegal. They had a list of delegates, we were electing delegates. Plain and simple, I believe we were outsmarted. And I can't imagine that the provisionals will make much difference...

Technics2000
01-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Well, that is just not in the spirit of things. Our people worked tirelessly on many different areas and in many different ways. At first glance, yeah, everyone here thought we had it, however, how would you fight a priest/pastor getting in front of 300 or so people and telling them to vote for this "pro-life" ticket. This happened at several churches we are aware of, and we tried to counter that by distributing hundreds of RP's pro-life fliers in the church parking lots!
We did what we could, and we are heartbroken to see these results. But, thanks for giving us credit where credit is due.

I don't know how we're going to compete with these churches that have a political agenda. :(

Anyway, Thank you to you and all the other Lousianians (sp?) for all your hard work and dedication! :D

aymn27
01-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Ok ...how do you counter it, we fill every delegate slate, alternates too...maxed...Penn...I swear to G-D I think this is total bullshit....how in the world did this happen..you were there in LC...RP supporters were everywhere....

this is typical LA crap...

ChicagoLawyer

Good point, although at that point, out in the open at the state convention, you'd think they'd actually talk about what candidates they support as the GOP's nominee for freekin' President. Maybe the P-L-P-F is all a front for an actual candidate, maybe McCain or Romney or the Huck, but it's sounding like that's not the case from the posts I've read.

FreedomProsperityPeace
I wouldn't say "outsmarted". How do you battle all the other candidates' supporters banding together? You can't.

hudson
01-23-2008, 08:50 AM
I voted in Shreveport last night and I knew this was going to happen. There were so many old people there that had no idea what was going on. They were handed the pro-life/pro-family sheet of paper and like robots went and voted exactly like they were told. It really is ashame that these all that is required to turn out old people is to say something at church or get a message from one of the lifetime politicians in Louisiana. The only thing I can say is that if any other state has this type of caucus is do NOT hand in delegates strickly under the name of Ron Paul. In Louisiana we should of flooded the undecided side also. Then unknowingly the establishment would have voted them in regardless. Oh well live and learn.

hudson
01-23-2008, 08:54 AM
This came from the McCain and Guiliani people. There were some high profile endorsements that came down for these 2 in the last week. McCain got an endorsement from Buddy Romer. But I guarantee you they have been working behind the scenes this whole time to try and counter act all the delegates we turned in. We should not of thought otherwise.

PennCustom4RP
01-23-2008, 08:55 AM
I can't imagine that what the group in question did was wrong or illegal. They had a list of delegates, we were electing delegates. Plain and simple, I believe we were outsmarted. And I can't imagine that the provisionals will make much difference...

each of those delegate belong to a specific candidate, here in dist 7, we had our full slate of 15, and 15 alts for RP.
each vote cast per delegate is totaled to their candidate
what this plpf bloc is trying to pull off is that Rp gets his supporters votes, and they get all the rest...this by de facto would mean that Rp would need 51% of all votes to beat the other 4 candidates combined vote....

freelance
01-23-2008, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't say "outsmarted". How do you battle all the other candidates' supporters banding together? You can't.

QFT! Thanks to all the LA supporters for doing your best!

mcgraw_wv
01-23-2008, 09:06 AM
each of those delegate belong to a specific candidate, here in dist 7, we had our full slate of 15, and 15 alts for RP.
each vote cast per delegate is totaled to their candidate
what this plpf bloc is trying to pull off is that Rp gets his supporters votes, and they get all the rest...this by de facto would mean that Rp would need 51% of all votes to beat the other 4 candidates combined vote....

What does this mean?

Are you saying that Ron Paul won the ENTIRE district?

torchbearer
01-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Ok, I got an email that said this:

Someone went on Walton & Johnson, a former Thompson supporter, an said that we had 38 of the 41 delegates...really made my morning. I am looking forward to the reality of it though, dont like misinforming people.

Lori called me from work, said at work they were congratulating her for Ron Paul's victory. They heard it on the radio.

Are we getting press about winning this state? Did they count the provisionals? All the friends I brought in.. had to vote provisional. That's another +4 you can add to our slate. which would move up almost 4 of our people.

Ninja Homer
01-23-2008, 09:24 AM
I admit I'm not entirely clear on what's going on, but it sounds to me like Ron Paul may have won most, if not all of the districts if the provisional ballots are included. The LA GOP is saying that if you don't include the provisional ballots, the "pro-life/pro-family" slate won... which doesn't really mean a thing until the provisional ballots are verified and counted. What they are basically doing is putting out this junk info so that Ron Paul can't put out a press release saying he won LA.

The question is, when are they counting these provisional ballots, and will they be fairly counted? Somebody needs to get on this so every vote is counted, and make sure they are counted ASAP, not after Super Tuesday.

rpfreedom08
01-23-2008, 09:26 AM
It really depends apon who the provisional ballots are for? And by how many the prolife profamily people won by. Also you have to take into account that not only ron paul people needed provisional ballots.

Blythexo
01-23-2008, 09:35 AM
This is so confusing. There are some LA threads that say we were robbed and some that are positive. When will there be clear results? Does anyone know.

By the way........kudos to all the Louisiana Ron Paul supporters!!!!!!!Look what you've done! No matter what it says a lot about your support of our candidate!

btwilli1
01-23-2008, 09:46 AM
If other RP supporters knew about this ProLife handout, we should have created a replica with our delegates and handed it out. It would have at least split there vote. Oh well.

Wickwire
01-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Agreed Yankee blue,

Have you left your keyboard even once to go get the word out about Ron Paul? Well, hundreds of people in LA did, and we are grateful for them and owe them our utmost respect.

Badger Paul
01-23-2008, 10:41 AM
This is what I'm talking about. I posted yesterday about creating a "Caucus News Site" here om RPF so that people who attend these caucuses can post results as they get them an explain what's going on. Otherwise you have all this information floating around from different sources or form people who don't know what's going on and people get confused and upset. Caucuses are not primaries and getting results from them can be like pulling teeth, even in this day and age of modern technology.

We shouldn't be suprised this kind of crap happened, a pro-life slate including Rudy Guliani supporters. Huck may very well be the smiling preacher when you look at him but he knows how to keep the shive hidden so he can stab you in the back. The LAGOP has no business, however, creating its own delegate slate nor promoting it with flyers and if so then the whole delegation needs to be challenged in the RNC Credentials Committee. That should not have happened.

We're fighting against a powerful establishment and will use every trick they can to stop us. It doesn't matter whether we're naughty or nice to them because what we stand for threatens them and that's why they put together this slate, because they knew RP would sweep all the district because we had organized them. I know this kind of crap will make some want to storm of the GOP, but I tell you that's exactly what they want us to do. They want us to go away pouting so they don't have to deal with us any more and go one staying in power while we waste our time in some third party getting nowhere.

We have to keep on fighting no matter corrupt the bastards are. We have no choice.

hueylong
01-23-2008, 10:47 AM
There was no corruption. We were out organized by people who have been active in Republican politics in Louisiana for the last 25 years.

Stop acting like children, please.

werdd
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
There was no corruption. We were out organized by people who have been active in Republican politics in Louisiana for the last 25 years.

Stop acting like children, please.

That is your *opinion mr opinion man.

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 10:57 AM
so by la standards rudy is prolife now hmmmmm amazing amazing,they mislead voters that has to be unethical at least ,if not somehow illegal errrrrr sigh

SteveMartin
01-23-2008, 11:07 AM
The fact is that national HQ has a very flippant attitude about learning about possible maneuvers and RNC regulations and guidelines. They were offered professional assistant in this area, and acted like spoiled "know-it-all" children who couldn't be bothered.

Those of you who think we will have some kind of shot in a brokered convention are just whistling Dixie with the current gang running things at national HQ. We would be TOTALLY OUTMANEUVERED at every turn there. If you thought things in Louisiana went badly due to lack of knowledge and experience, wait until we get to the convention.

It may indeed be time for a Independent or 3rd party run, IF we do get some really big money behind us.

Stevo
01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Whatever the outcome, do not dump on the supporters there. Casting blame doesn't help.
Some RP supporters seem to think that by our sheer enthusiasm we will win this.
Every state, district, and precinct, is a battle. And the other camps want it just as badly.
Get out and work it.

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM
That is your *opinion mr opinion man.

It is my opinion as well. Technically, we may be able to get them on the "moving of the delegate applicaition deadline to one extra day", and I'm not sure that would even get off the ground.

In the end, they OUTVOTED us. I saw it happen in front of my eyes.

bobo37
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM
IF the PLPF group won then we have a couple of weeks to inform them that Dr. Paul is 110% PLPF. I'm sure there is some great talkers in LA who can get this done. A drop out of Huckafuck would help this out.

kill the banks
01-23-2008, 11:36 AM
The fact is that national HQ has a very flippant attitude about learning about possible maneuvers and RNC regulations and guidelines. They were offered professional assistant in this area, and acted like spoiled "know-it-all" children who couldn't be bothered.

Those of you who think we will have some kind of shot in a brokered convention are just whistling Dixie with the current gang running things at national HQ. We would be TOTALLY OUTMANEUVERED at every turn there. If you thought things in Louisiana went badly due to lack of knowledge and experience, wait until we get to the convention.

It may indeed be time for a Independent or 3rd party run, IF we do get some really big money behind us.

steve you are a pretty knowledgeable fella , why not write an essay on how one could trump the old boys at a brokered convention ... at least what to watch for and we might develop some strategy that would be realistic

kill the banks

BuddyRey
01-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Paul must be doing well. The LA primary has not been mentioned once on FOX, CNN or MSNBC.

LinearChaos
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
IF the PLPF group won then we have a couple of weeks to inform them that Dr. Paul is 110% PLPF. I'm sure there is some great talkers in LA who can get this done. A drop out of Huckafuck would help this out.

Except that PL/PF means "anyone but Ron Paul".

bobo37
01-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Except that PL/PF means "anyone but Ron Paul".

I know thats the problem.
its full of uneducated and uninformed about whats really going on (brainwashed by media)