PDA

View Full Version : Pro Life / Pro Family Handouts

Rex
01-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Did anyone see those flyers with delegate names that were with a "pro life / pro family" candidate.

Needless to say not 1 Ron Paul delegate was on those flyers.

Man that really pissed me off. How can people live with themselves spreading such lies.. ugh

Update:

I found the handout:

http://www.gatortesting.net/prolifeprofamily/docs/District_3-5-6.pdf

http://www.gatortesting.net/prolifeprofamily/

Update 2:

After some digging I found out the LAGOP themselves paid for this flyer and website!!!!!!!!!! This was told me by GatorWorks Web design here in Baton Rouge that created the flyers/website.

Update 3:

I went up there (to the LAGOP office) and saw Matt Chancey sitting there (RP person). We chatted for a minute. I got to talk to Matt some guy in Leadership there.

He was basically very vague and said he had “no knowledge” of the LAGOP paying for this. Which is the direct opposite of what GatorWorks told me. Then alluded to some people that were very respected former members of the LAGOP paying for this. And he wouldn’t tell me who paid for it. He also tried to tell me that these were “un-committed” voters which is a lie b/c I questioned him about if I go look at the donor lists what would I see. He basically froze.

I’ve got a another call into GatoWorks and am going to put them on the spot.

I also told guy he could just be upfront with me and we could get this over or I would go digging but I got nothing but time and money to spend finding corruption.

I was not mean and I was not loud but he could obviously sense my frustration. Also when I first got their somebody was calling in about the same thing and he seemed really pissed.

Update 4:

I alerted the Official RP Campaign and they were very interested in this!

Update 5:

I got a call back from GatorWorks.

Now they are apologizing and said that the LAGOP didn't pay them for this. He claimed some guy named Charlie Davis did. But may or may not have been invoiced yet (haha). He was a nice guy but now it just seems even more fishy. And of course he said the LAGOP didn't contact him about this yet....

Update 6

Some digging on Charlie produces he was the duputy director of the rep. party a few years back. He is also still listed as the owner of the LAGOP.com website. He also owns LiquidVentures which has some sort of interest in the Gatworks that created the ad.

Minuteman
01-23-2008, 07:10 AM
From what I understand. It was Huck, Rudy, Fred supporters who couldnt fill up there slate. So, they got together to do a prolife/profamily ticket so Ron wouldnt run away with it.

CelestialRender
01-23-2008, 07:17 AM
I electioneered directly against them -- even convinced one priest our guy was more pro-life than anyone they were gonna rustle up.

I was given one of their ballots -- would be interesting to compare their names to donor histories and see how many of whose supporters they were.

jdmetz
01-23-2008, 07:37 AM
I've seen a some pretty good arguments on here that they are the GOP establishment, running as uncommitted so they can make up their minds later.

Sandra
01-23-2008, 07:45 AM
The Pro -life table got a LOT of flack from voters in BR. I had heard older people ask if they RP on the ballot. Some said "no" but later they refused to answer questions. They pissed off a lot of voters who thought they were being sneaky and vague, so they came to our table instead!

Xonox
01-23-2008, 07:46 AM
I found this post earlier on Huck's Army:

I'm also hearing that the other candidates didn't have enough delegates so what they did was Rudy's guys along with Fred and Mike's all joined together to form the pro-life group to have a complete slate of delegates to avoid having Ron Paul sweep the districts....

I don't know why Rudy's guys would be in the "Pro-Life" crowd... but the real reason they joined together is clear, they didn't want us to win!

CelestialRender
01-23-2008, 07:47 AM
I found this post earlier on Huck's Army:

I don't know why Rudy's guys would be in the "Pro-Life" crowd... but the real reason they joined together is clear, they didn't want us to win!

Aye; they were truly the "Pro War" ticket, but that somehow doesn't sound as nice.

Liars, as far as I'm concerned.

Rex
01-23-2008, 07:49 AM
My letter to the LAGOP:

I would like to know which group put out this flyer and I would also like to know who it was paid by. This flyer was nothing more than a biased smear appealing to voters emotions. Not only was it untrue it was unfactual and I would like to submit a proper complaint.

Also being that I was a delegate and wasn’t offered to be on this list I would like to find out what type of action I can take against this group and obviously against the LAGOP for knowing this.

lupester
01-23-2008, 07:50 AM
One thing that is really tainting me in this whole process is the amount of lying and manipulating the rest of the GOP is doing. Not just in LA but everywhere. It is disgraceful.

bradens4ronpaul
01-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Charlie Buckles, that is the man who made shit so shady here in the 7th District. There are an *ass* load of provisional ballots that they would not count, and the wide majority of them go to Paul. However, Charlie and the established would not tell us where they are taking the ballots, who would be handling them, or even where they would be counted. That said.... when we took a tally of the provisional ballots, it looks like we would still be behind, from what I hear from our guys.
We worked hard here in the 7th District, and Charlie with the establishment knew that. We did what we could, but lies and misinformation got to people more than the Revolution did.
God, I hate those people.

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Who is this Charlie Buckles?

frasu
01-23-2008, 08:20 AM
this crap is annoying... how the hell are this people ready to kill our asses no matter what? who the fk has the ninja powers? how is possible to vote for nameless people?

dawnbt
01-23-2008, 08:21 AM
What the hell? Is this legal? If people are voting for delegates for a candidate, how can a group just form to select delegates for it. Are we voting for a candidate or an issue? Can we fight this?

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:24 AM
I found the handout:

http://www.gatortesting.net/prolifeprofamily/docs/District_3-5-6.pdf

bradens4ronpaul
01-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Charlie Buckles is the treasurer of the state Republican party, and he was running the show at the 7th District caucus.
This was a personal account that was off the record:
He came to speak at a class of mine, and when I asked why his party switched their primary and caucus from an open primary to a closed one this last summer, he replied "We don't want you people [pointing at my Ron Paul shirt] voting in our Republican nomination processes."

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:27 AM
The LAGOP won't pick up their phones..

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:34 AM
After some digging I found out the LAGOP themselves paid for this flyer and website!!!!!!!!!!

Can they do this?

MsDoodahs
01-23-2008, 08:39 AM
After some digging I found out the LAGOP themselves paid for this flyer and website!!!!!!!!!!

Can they do this?

Make sure you get confirmation of that. If you are finding stuff online, take screenshots and save every bit of info you find.

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Make sure you get confirmation of that. If you are finding stuff online, take screenshots and save every bit of info you find.

I called the people who made the handout GatorWorks here in Baton Rouge and questioned whether they paid for it or not and Brian there said no the LAGOP / Republican Party of LA did..

JoshLowry
01-23-2008, 08:45 AM

Can they do this?

Source?

mesler
01-23-2008, 08:46 AM

If it's true that the LAGOP paid for this, that is truly disgusting to me..

Where did you find this info at Rex?

mcgraw_wv
If this stuff is true....

I blame the Official campaign for not telling people and countering these efforts...

yankee_blue
The pro life/pro family thing was, in my estimation, perfectly legal. WE had a list of candidates, and they had a list of candiates. It sucks, but we were outsmarted.

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Posting again:

I called the people who made the handout GatorWorks here in Baton Rouge and questioned whether they paid for it or not and Brian there said no the LAGOP / Republican Party of LA did..

PAULinSC
well the same web design company designed both sites

http://www.gatortesting.net/lagop/

yankee_blue
If this stuff is true....

I blame the Official campaign for not telling people and countering these efforts...

Oh please. Noone knew about it till we got to the caucuses...

Rex
The pro life/pro family thing was, in my estimation, perfectly legal. WE had a list of candidates, and they had a list of candiates. It sucks, but we were outsmarted.

They called this the "official" ballot. How can it be official if all delegates weren't asked to be on it????

mesler

Very true. We are the political novices and outsiders, they are they establishment that knows how to play the game. :/ Still, seems odd for the LAGOP to be partial, if as Rex indicated that the LAGOP paid for the flyer (I haven't confirmed this.)

yankee_blue
01-23-2008, 08:51 AM
They called this the "official" ballot. How can it be official if all delegates weren't asked to be on it????

Yea. The "Pro Life/Pro Family" Official ballot.

We could have made one called the "Pro Freedom" Ballot or the "Pro-Kill Islam" ballot and it would have been the "official" ballot of that group.

dkim68
01-23-2008, 08:51 AM
The question is... how many RP supporters were aware these were not RP delegates?

yankee_blue
01-23-2008, 08:52 AM
The question is... how many RP supporters were aware these were not RP delegates?

RP supporters had their own "offical" ballot.

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:54 AM
The Republican Party can't say it's an Official Ballot when they are suppose to be neutral. Last time I check no candidate won the nomination yet. This is clearly a smear.

btwilli1
01-23-2008, 08:55 AM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/btwilli1/prolifeslate.jpg

Here they are the uncommitted. I think our delegation needs to remind them they are uncommitted. Maybe somebody could look up and see if any of these people are big donors. Then we could remind them, as a last resort, how they lied to their neighbors.

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Ugh that makes me sick.. Someone check the donor lists.

TonySutton
01-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Look, it sucks but we need to lick our wounds, document everything, figure out lessons learned and then work on kicking their tails on Feb 9th. Let these shenanigans galvanize your grass roots efforts and beat them at the polls.

Rex
01-23-2008, 08:57 AM
It makes me not even want to be apart of the Republican party anymore

yankee_blue
01-23-2008, 08:57 AM
The Republican Party can't say it's an Official Ballot when they are suppose to be neutral. Last time I check no candidate won the nomination yet. This is clearly a smear.

Why can't the Republican party say that? Of COURSE they can say that if they want to... This is just a small part of a large issue that we are up against. They won, we did not.

yankee_blue
01-23-2008, 08:58 AM

Well see that's not really right. We could make efforts to be the GOP in La.

Jwaksman
01-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Can someone please explain what "pro-family" means? Is there anyone on this planet who is "anti-family"??

They might as well have gone the full 9 yards and called themselves the "pro good things, pro humans, pro happiness" slate...

btwilli1
01-23-2008, 09:03 AM
I talked to several of the Pro-Life people in District 1, maybe 5 or 6 of them. I gave them a bottle of water, talked to them about Ron Paul. Most of these people were very religious and strict to their Pro-Life idea. I enlightened them about Ron Paul being a strong Pro-Life/Pro-Family a few of them said he was weak on that issue. Several of them seemed most interested in being a group that could be swayed to any candidate (except Romney and Rudy). They sounded like they wanted the power to control a huge swing vote. A candidate would have to go to them and promise them that they are Pro-Life and Family. I guess it's a power thing.

The ones I talked to know Dr. Paul's stance and I think a few of them might actually agree. I told them I would send our delegates over to talk to them at the convention. 2 of the people actually ran a Christian radio station here.

JoshLowry
01-23-2008, 09:03 AM

It might be good to save all the pdf documents on that page.

Rex
01-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Just got off the phone with Andrew Axom our LA Ron Paul Coordinator. He didn't know anything about this flyers..

Rex
01-23-2008, 09:04 AM
It might be good to save all the pdf documents on that page.

I saved the Dist. 7 one

btwilli1
01-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Pro-Family is a nice way of saying Anti Homosexual.

literatim
01-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Pro-Family is a nice way of saying Anti Homosexual. Create a **** squad federal department and arrest them all. That is what they all must want. They act like it's such a huge big deal. The #1 issue this election. Will we create a **** squad? Let's hope so eh? Afterall those ****'s are killing our ... ruining our ... devaluing the dollar ... inciting terrorism ... and aborting our babies

This is not a discussion on that particular groups stance on issues.

btwilli1
01-23-2008, 09:06 AM
I wish we could have created a nice flyer, that might of really helped us. Alas, I didn't know nor did our LA Coordinator.

ConstitutionGal
01-23-2008, 09:09 AM
IF the LAGOP paid for these 'pro-family' flyers, they may have just crossed the line. The official Republican parties are NOT allowed to do ANYHING that may appear to promote one candidate over another in a CONTESTED PRIMARY race. This is in the by-laws of the National GOP as well as all the state GOPs. To blatantly leave all the Ron Paul delates off a hand-out is a violation of these rules.

Rex
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Find me that language so I can use it!

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Can someone tell me how the hell we're supposed to beat the establishment, when they obviously have a trick up their sleeve for just about any scenario that they might face against us?

bradens4ronpaul
01-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Look, it sucks but we need to lick our wounds, document everything, figure out lessons learned and then work on kicking their tails on Feb 9th. Let these shenanigans galvanize your grass roots efforts and beat them at the polls.

Even if we beat them, these delegates are NOT bound to ANY candidate unless a candidate gets 50% of the vote in the primary. And that might be out of reach, but I am all in for trying.

Dave Wood
01-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Question? Has anyone down there with FIRST hand knowledge of what happened regarding these flyers, contacted in a very persistent way, all of the local news media? I am pretty sure they would be interested in breaking this story.

RedE2BFree
01-23-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. But I did a quick search on opensecrets.org on a number of the delegates listed on the PLPF site. It wasn't an exhaustive search and the data from opensecrets hasn't been updated since the official 3rd quarter results. But of the ones I found that have donated to a candidate, they were all donations to Fred Thompson. I'm estimating that I found 10 or so donating to Fred but found no donations for any other candidate. That doesn't mean there aren't supporters for the other candidates that may have donated in the last quarter, and now that Fred is out, who knows where those that were backing him will go.
Anyway, thought I'd throw this out there just in case it's helpful to anyone. Particularly if the LAGOP had a hand in it.

btwilli1
01-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Well at least ABC 26 news locally might cover it. The other stations didn't catch RP speaking here.

mosquitobite
01-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Between now and the LA primary, can we somehow get enough support from the people to give Dr Paul 51% needed to get the delegates? :D

Perhaps if this shady tactic is exposed, more people will come out for the primary in support of Dr Paul?

Dave Wood
01-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Well at least ABC 26 news locally might cover it. The other stations didn't catch RP speaking here.

How about the the Picayune?

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Even if we beat them, these delegates are NOT bound to ANY candidate unless a candidate gets 50% of the vote in the primary. And that might be out of reach, but I am all in for trying.

If the delegates were stacked to favor candidates other than Ron, then what would it even matter?

ConstitutionGal
01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
If the delegates were stacked to favor candidates other than Ron, then what would it even matter?

IF a candidate gets 51% or over then all the delates are bound to that candidate. If no one gets 51% or more, then the delegates can vote for whomever they wish.

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 09:37 AM
IF a candidate gets 51% or over then all the delates are bound to that candidate. If no one gets 51% or more, then the delegates can vote for whomever they wish.

Right. 51% for us?

We can't even break 15%. That's why I asked the question to begin with.

It sounds nice to HEAR that, but let's be reasonable. If we get 51% in ANY state, obviously we'll win that state.

I'd be absolutely dumbfounded if we got that number. We're fighting the establishment here. It's like we're the Miami Dolphins 3rd string playing against the New England Patriots 1st string, in New England, 5 degrees and snowing.

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Where did you get the information that they were printed by the GOP?

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 09:40 AM
If any election laws were broken, we're going to have to start filing lawsuits. This is getting ridiculous. I thought we lived in America, the beacon of democracy, and not some third world Latin American banana republic. Christ, even Hugo Chavez's Venezuela is starting to look like it holds elections with greater integrity than what I am seeing in this primaries/caucuses.

NoMoreApathy
01-23-2008, 09:46 AM
If any election laws were broken, we're going to have to start filing lawsuits. This is getting ridiculous. I thought we lived in America, the beacon of democracy, and not some third world Latin American banana republic. Christ, even Hugo Chavez's Venezuela is starting to look like it holds elections with greater integrity than what I am seeing in this primaries/caucuses.

I strongly doubt they would use such a blatant and open tactic if it weren't legal.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
This is only the beginning of the chicanery.

In strong Ron Paul states, I bet some candidates will take themselves off the ballot so someone else can get 51%.

And stop saying we were outsmarted. If I shoot you in the head, have I 'outsmarted' you?

mosquitobite
01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Right. 51% for us?

It sounds nice to HEAR that, but let's be reasonable. If we get 51% in ANY state, obviously we'll win that state.

I'd be absolutely dumbfounded if we got that number. We're fighting the establishment here. It's like we're the Miami Dolphins 3rd string playing against the New England Patriots 1st string, in New England, 5 degrees and snowing.

No one has broken the 50% threshold in any state except Romney in Nevada.

The idea being that since none of the Republican candidates would get 51%, if we had gotten enough Ron Paul delegates elected, Ron Paul would be the LA nominee. That's why the GOP moved to stop us.

If Huckabee got 40% for example, it wouldn't matter that he won the primary if the Ron Paul delegates were the ones going to the convention.

Technics2000
01-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Found this article talking about a couple of these pro-family groups.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20080111/30813_Pro-Family_Groups_Blast_Obama_as_'Extremely_Liberal'.h tm

Besides Obama and Clinton, the FOTF analysis also criticized New Hampshire Republican winner Sen. John McCain for being difficult to work with. Although McCain was praised for being “pretty good” on the pro-life issue, he was criticized for opposing President Bush’s policy that restricted embryonic stem cell research.

The family values leaders also did not like McCain’s stance on the federal marriage amendment, which they said has been their top issue for the past several years. McCain supports giving states the right to define marriage rather than a constitutional amendment that would set the definition of marriage as the union between a man and a woman in all 50 states.

Meanwhile, the pro-family leaders praised Republicans Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney for sharing the same social values.

werdd
01-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Found this article talking about a couple of these pro-family groups.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20080111/30813_Pro-Family_Groups_Blast_Obama_as_'Extremely_Liberal'.h tm

They also advertised rudy as pro-life, i think we could take the bastards to court for fraud.

Technics2000
01-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Some more insteresting stuff. A lil outdated :)

http://www.albionmonitor.com/12-21-95/stealthstrategy.html (http://http://www.albionmonitor.com/12-21-95/stealthstrategy.html)

Joe3113
01-23-2008, 10:09 AM
This is only the beginning of the chicanery.

In strong Ron Paul states, I bet some candidates will take themselves off the ballot so someone else can get 51%.

And stop saying we were outsmarted. If I shoot you in the head, have I 'outsmarted' you?

After reading all the stuff about LA, I think we have less chance of winning the Republican nomination, than winning the presidency via 3rd party.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
What a stunt..

I knew that the electoral process in the USA was a media circus and far from perfect but this is simply ridiculous. My god.. What a democracy you guys have. Seriously, if you ever do get the nomination and win the presidency (This time around or the next) than it's time for some fundamental changes in the system..

The Dutch system sure is a heck of a lot more fair.. Even the system in Vietnam (where I'm working at the moment) doesn't seem much worse.

This move might have been legal but it shouldn't be.

Rex
01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Update:

I went up there (to the LAGOP office) and saw Matt Chancey sitting there (RP person). We chatted for a minute. I got to talk to Matt some guy in Leadership there.

He was basically very vague and said he had “no knowledge” of the LAGOP paying for this. Which is the direct opposite of what GatorWorks told me. Then alluded to some people that were very respected former members of the LAGOP paying for this. And he wouldn’t tell me who paid for it. He also tried to tell me that these were “un-committed” voters which is a lie b/c I questioned him about if I go look at the donor lists what would I see. He basically froze.

I also told guy he could just be upfront with me and we could get this over or I would go digging but I got nothing but time and money to spend finding corruption.

I was not mean and I was not loud but he could obviously sense my frustration. Also when I first got their somebody was calling in about the same thing and he seemed really pissed.

i2ambler
01-23-2008, 10:38 AM
After reading all the stuff about LA, I think we have less chance of winning the Republican nomination, than winning the presidency via 3rd party.

Look, lets get this straight. The republican party does not want Ron Paul to win, period. They will do anything and everything to keep Ron Paul from winning the nomination. Im not a troll - that is just an obvious fact. Who do you think is running the republican party? A bunch of false conservatives who profit from war. The largest pro-war individuals are the ones who are making the most money from it. If you think these greedy people are going to allow an anti-war TRUE republican candidate infiltrate the stronghold they have been building for the last 7 years, and take away their money-tit you are sadly mistaken.

When people say 'Oh, but people are waking up!' Yes, they are.. but not nearly enough of them are waking up - and when this election cycle is over how many are going to go back to sleep? How many people out there wont vote for Ron Paul because he is "unelectable" even though they love his stances? Do you know why he is "unelectable"? Because the GOP does not want him! It wont matter if Jesus Christ himself came down and bitchslapped Mike Huckabee and endorsed Ron Paul - the GOP would ignore it, and find a way to turn it to their benefit. Sorry, people, politics is a nasty - dirty business run by people with money on the line. They will do whatever they can to make sure that money wont dry up.

You do realize that some states have rules in place that make it almost impossible for someone who has previously run while affiliated with a party on their ballot can not return in the general as a 3rd party on the same ballot. That means - that if RP gets on every ballot as a republican this year, he will NOT be able to run as a 3rd party candidate with any hope of success.

Rex
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Update Again:

I alerted the Official RP Campaign and they were very interested in this!

szczebrzeszyn
01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Keep digging Rex, thanks!

Technics2000
01-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Update:

You should try to record the conversation this time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they conveniently changed their answer.

Rex
01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
I brought my camera but I think LA is a place where you can't record without permission..

Technics2000
01-23-2008, 10:59 AM
I meant when you call gatorworks.

Rex
01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
I dare him to try and lie to me now. I will be at their office so fast...

Highstreet
01-23-2008, 11:02 AM

You are in the thick of it now.

This is the where you leave and stay clean, or win and get dirty.

Thanks for doing research on who funded this. Please get the contact and confirmation info to your Meetup group leader or State Coordinator.

speciallyblend
01-23-2008, 11:02 AM
can we possibly threaten to pul out of the republican party IN MASS?? and just say scrwe the gop now??

jabrownie
01-23-2008, 11:09 AM

Document/Record it or it never happened.....seriously dude

Rex
01-23-2008, 11:10 AM
UPDATE:

Now they are apologizing and said that the LAGOP didn't pay them for this. He claimed some guy named Charlie Davis did. But may or may not have been invoiced yet (haha). He was a nice guy but now it just seems even more fishy. And of course he said the LAGOP didn't contact him about this yet....

Drea
01-23-2008, 11:35 AM
waiting to hear again from you, Rex.

This is great what you are doing. How did this get printed? How did it get distributed? Was there a link provided on the LAGOP website?

I went to the LAGOP website and looked around as soon as I could, but didn't finish.

Going back!

Drea

bobo37
01-23-2008, 12:07 PM
If you look up the names from the PLPF ticket on Myspace and other places I bet you could figure out who there for.

bobo37
01-23-2008, 12:11 PM
This is getting interesting

Rex
01-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Charlie Davis from the Dem Party???

http://www.lademo.org/ht/d/sp/i/204427/pid/204427

Rambo4
01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Help me make sense of all this:

According to GoDaddy.com, the domain lagop.com is registered to a Charlie Davis of Baton Rouge, LA
Under the 'administrative contact' there is an email address of info@liquidventures.com

When I go to http://www.liquidventures.com, there are pictures for the following:
GatorWorks web development
PoliticsLA.com (Louisiana news, analysis, etc)
Varsity Vests
Liquid Ventures Consulting Group

Are these connections meaningful?

szczebrzeszyn
01-23-2008, 12:21 PM
hmmm
Davis, Charlie info@liquidventures.com

http://liquidventures.com - "the father" of GatorWorks

EDIT: Looks like it's him and it's VERY strange they made that mistake.. But it could be some other Charlie too

btwilli1
01-23-2008, 12:23 PM
UPDATE:

The same Charlie Davis who registered LAGOP.COM???

Here's registrant info for LAGOP.COM

Registrant:
Charlie Davis
12232 Industriplex Blvd Suite
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: LAGOP.COM
Created on: 10-Feb-99
Expires on: 10-Feb-08
Last Updated on: 11-Oct-07

Administrative Contact:
United States
225-753-3548

Technical Contact:
United States
225-753-3548

colin1
01-23-2008, 12:30 PM
:D
Help me make sense of all this:

According to GoDaddy.com, the domain lagop.com is registered to a Charlie Davis of Baton Rouge, LA
Under the 'administrative contact' there is an email address of info@liquidventures.com

When I go to http://www.liquidventures.com, there are pictures for the following:
GatorWorks web development
PoliticsLA.com (Louisiana news, analysis, etc)
Varsity Vests
Liquid Ventures Consulting Group

Are these connections meaningful?

I love you guys...let's have three cheers for the intrepid sleuths of the interweb! :D

If people want to be shady when messing with Ron Paul, boy do they have their hands full now...business as usual is quickly coming to an end.

szczebrzeszyn
01-23-2008, 12:31 PM
He might be on the ballot as well (if that's still the same person)
#19 http://www.lagop.com/docs/Congressional_District_6_Delegate_Ballot

davrobi
01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
A little insight into the Pro-family/Pro-life ticket.
One my co-workers won as a delegate on this ticket. She has been in the local GOP "estabishment" for years. This is almost a one issue social conservative ticket as the title indicates. She indicated that since Romney is a Morman, the only way they would vote for him, is if he ended up as head to head against Billary. They do not like either McCain or Guiliani since these two are too socially liberal. She indicated that most if not all will support either Paul or Huckabee. She is leaning towards Paul, I am working on her.
I quizzed her on what were the objectives for putting together such a ticket and she indicated that it was to sway the eventual nominee on the prolife issues and give the Louisiana delegation clout at a brokered convention.

literatim
01-23-2008, 12:36 PM
A little insight into the Pro-family/Pro-life ticket.
One my co-workers won as a delegate on this ticket. She has been in the local GOP "estabishment" for years. This is almost a one issue social conservative ticket as the title indicates. She indicated that since Romney is a Morman, the only way they would vote for him, is if he ended up as head to head against Billary. They do not like either McCain or Guiliani since these two are too socially liberal. She indicated that most if not all will support either Paul or Huckabee. She is leaning towards Paul, I am working on her.
I quizzed her on what were the objectives for putting together such a ticket and she indicated that it was to sway the eventual nominee on the prolife issues and give the Louisiana delegation clout at a brokered convention.

There were people that were both on the McCain list and Pro-Life/Pro-Family List.

Stealth4
01-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Charlie Buckles, that is the man who made shit so shady here in the 7th District. There are an *ass* load of provisional ballots that they would not count, and the wide majority of them go to Paul. However, Charlie and the established would not tell us where they are taking the ballots, who would be handling them, or even where they would be counted. That said.... when we took a tally of the provisional ballots, it looks like we would still be behind, from what I hear from our guys.
We worked hard here in the 7th District, and Charlie with the establishment knew that. We did what we could, but lies and misinformation got to people more than the Revolution did.
God, I hate those people.

you have to take over the party, get elected county chairman, district chairmen, get ron paul supporters in all the committee positions.

Its not fun, its not glamorous, but its what needs to be done to get these assholes out of power.

Rex
01-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Great info guys! Keep it coming

Rambo4
01-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Ok, so here's the scoop on our new friend Charlie:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/868/966
It appears that he was a deputy director with the LA GOP several years ago, and has been heavily involved in politics. He worked as the Director of Technology, which is probably why his company developed the webpage for the LA GOP.

Make what you want of it, but from a previous poster, it doesn't sound like the PFPL people are not quite as nasty as we thought, and might end up turning in our favor. Harassing the guy and these people are going to hurt more than help at this stage.

EvilNight
01-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Regarding the sore loser laws, let's clean up a stupid myth that's floating around.

Only four states maintain that their “sore loser” laws apply to presidential candidates: South Dakota, Mississippi, Ohio and Texas.

That's it. 46 out of 50 will be no problem for Ron on a 3rd party ticket, if it comes to that. The other 4 can write him in.

Now keep fighting these bastards and get Ron the Republican nomination. We'll cross the third party bridge when we have to and not before.

Rex
01-23-2008, 12:43 PM
More on charlie davis:

Current

* President at Varsity Vests, LLC
* President at Liquid Ventures

Past

* GOP Staff at Voter.com
* Director - Campus Leadership Program at Leadership Institute
* Deputy Director at Republican Party of Louisiana

see less...
Education

* Louisiana School for Math, Science and Arts
* Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/868/966

mosquitobite
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Regarding the sore loser laws, let's clean up a stupid myth that's floating around.

Only four states maintain that their “sore loser” laws apply to presidential candidates: South Dakota, Mississippi, Ohio and Texas.

That's it. 46 out of 50 will be no problem for Ron on a 3rd party ticket, if it comes to that. The other 4 can write him in.

Now keep fighting these bastards and get Ron the Republican nomination. We'll cross the third party bridge when we have to and not before.

I believe KY has it too.

billyjoeallen
01-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Ron Paul is the most pro-life, profamily canidate on the stump!

This is an outrage!

BreakYourChains
01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Right. 51% for us?

Yes, but we don't have to get 51%. We can all say honestly that is not going to happen. But, with 5 candidates still in the race, it is likely no one will get 51%, so this means the delegates are unbound. Then, we can cross that bridge when we come to it. Keep canvassing LA people and educating.

MooCowzRock
01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Why didnt anyone remind them of the ROE endorsement?!

TonySutton
01-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Charlie and Vickie do not donate much for being so politically active...

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/search.asp?key=xvuz2&txtName=Davis,%20Charlie&txtState=LA&txt2008=Y&txt2006=Y&txt2004=Y&Order=N

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/search.asp?key=xvuz2&txtName=Davis,%20Vickie&txtState=(all%20states)&txt2008=Y&txt2006=Y&txt2004=Y&Order=N

bobo37
01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Ok here is what I found by looking the 15 names from the Shreveport Times for the Congressional District 4.
I searched these names on Myspace it looks like a lot of politicians
Royal Alexandra is the AG
Bryan Wooley is a Councilman
I found 5 of the 15 on here the other 3 I found had no evidence of supporting a candidate.

Update:
I put all these names into opensecrets and the only thing I found was that Matthew Wallace donated to the national GOP congressional cmte.
I saw a few people with the same last names of others that had donated to Rudy and also one that had donated to Fred but were not the same as these 15.

davrobi
01-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, but we don't have to get 51%. We can all say honestly that is not going to happen. But, with 5 candidates still in the race, it is likely no one will get 51%, so this means the delegates are unbound. Then, we can cross that bridge when we come to it. Keep canvassing LA people and educating.

This is not over for Louisiana by a long shot especially when Huckabee is no longer considered viable. My take is that these will be Paul's delegates then.