PDA

View Full Version : We get FREE FAUX NEWS ADVERTISING

BirdsAreWild
01-23-2008, 05:29 AM
http://www.ronpauldebatinggame.com/

Let's stop complaining about how Fox News treats Dr. Ron Paul and use their "fair and unbiased" coverage as free advertising for us. Send this info out to everyone far and wide.
I would like to challenge every supporter to donate $1 to www.ronpaul2008.com/donate every single time that Fox News or one of their affiliates does one of the following:

Excludeds his picture when posting candidate pictures
Makes a derogatory statement about him

Does not mention Dr. Paul but mentions Guiliani and/or Huckabee when talking about past wins or standings

Blatantly ignores him

You get the idea. Let's use them against theirself

Send the link for this page to everyone. http://www.ronpauldeb...

StateofTrance
01-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Donating $1 or $5 actually works negatively. Because the campaign has to pay the bank for online transaction and card processing fee for even $1 donations. This has been addressed time and again.

Please donate all in chunks or wait for money bombs.

StateofTrance
01-23-2008, 06:07 AM
I'm not discouraging you, but you gotta understand how continuous low amount donation hurts the campaign.

ocomys
01-23-2008, 06:09 AM
nah.....you just wait until the end of the debate...tally up the points and donate!

mcgraw_wv
01-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Donating $1 or $5 actually works negatively. Because the campaign has to pay the bank for online transaction and card processing fee for even $1 donations. This has been addressed time and again.

Please donate all in chunks or wait for money bombs.

This isn't true... As a web developer I have dealt with credit card processing many times...

Wether it is 1.00 or 1000.00 it is the same percentage rate.

Visa usually charges around 1 to 4 percent... This is why you can't pay mortgages with Credit cards, or school tuitutions... The rate is the same no matter how much the donation is.

mcgraw_wv
01-23-2008, 06:31 AM
The entir epoint of the idea is to track the number of times someone says everything... and then an emailk goes out... with the tally...

Then everyone donates 27.00 becuase gulliani says 9/11 13 times, and Romney said Businessman 14 times...

TNTCAN
01-23-2008, 07:01 AM
This isn't true... As a web developer I have dealt with credit card processing many times...

Visa usually charges around 1 to 4 percent... This is why you can't pay mortgages with Credit cards, or school tuitutions... The rate is the same no matter how much the donation is.

Some accounts; one must pay a fee for each transaction

tcindie
01-23-2008, 07:02 AM

That's been my experience as well, but it depends on the payment gateway...

In general though, most online payment gateways aren't like those used in a convenience store or gas station where for them it is a bad thing for you to charge a donut and/or cup of coffee.

For the record though, it sounds fun. I might do it for the debate on the 30th.

Myerz
01-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Small donations......not a good idea.

Keep a running daily total, then at the end of the day or week donate a dollar for every offense. It'll probably be $20-$50. That will work.

mcgraw_wv
01-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Look guys your wrong...

Merchants online or Off... get charged at a percxentage... this isnt paypal where they take a percentage plus 39 cents...

So wether you charge 10.00 at 3% = 30 cents
Or 10,000 at 3% = 300 dollars

It is the same rate...Period.

Your rate is based on how many transactions you have. You can trust me or not, but I have actually set up a Merchant account with Credit vendors... Something all peopel who accpet credit cards must have...

However, like you guys have mentioned, Paypal is bad at collecting lot's of 1.00 charges, becuase they charge 39 cents, plus a rate... which is such a rip off...

ocomys
01-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Look guys your wrong...

Merchants online or Off... get charged at a percxentage... this isnt paypal where they take a percentage plus 39 cents...

So wether you charge 10.00 at 3% = 30 cents
Or 10,000 at 3% = 300 dollars

It is the same rate...Period.

Your rate is based on how many transactions you have. You can trust me or not, but I have actually set up a Merchant account with Credit vendors... Something all peopel who accpet credit cards must have...

However, like you guys have mentioned, Paypal is bad at collecting lot's of 1.00 charges, becuase they charge 39 cents, plus a rate... which is such a rip off...

so are you saying on Dec 16 we paid out $180,000?? Boy the credit card companies must love the grassroots

OrbitalGun
01-23-2008, 07:43 AM
they would need to set up a separate PayPal account to take the micropayments...
http://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_micropayments.html

unless they are getting a special rate, they would be paying at least $0.30 per transaction. Waiting until the end of the debate would most likely help the campaign.

Rebel Resource
01-23-2008, 07:48 AM
It's OK, just print a tally at the end and everybody can figure out what to donate.

mcgraw_wv
01-23-2008, 07:48 AM
I highly doubt the campaign is using Paypal...
Or are they?

But keep in mind, with this game no one is donating 1.00...

We will all donate after the debate, with the total... most likely a 30.00 donation...

Mark
01-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Good idea.

Have you said on the site to donate after a certain amount is reached? To save the campaign from having to track little donations?