PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul thread at Washington Monthly

Zydeco
07-31-2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2007_07/011782.php

michaelwise
07-31-2007, 03:10 PM
No matter good or uninformed talk, Everyone's talking about Ron.

Syren123
07-31-2007, 03:18 PM
No matter good or uninformed talk, Everyone's talking about Ron.

LOL! A whole bunch of uninformed tunnel vision going on over at the Washington Monthly! Notice the endorsement by Time Magazine. As if the two were independent from the Ministry of Truth.

Zydeco
07-31-2007, 03:44 PM
The level of ignorance there is amazing on the gold standard.

Syren123
07-31-2007, 03:47 PM
The level of ignorance there is amazing on the gold standard.

Don't you find that to be true nearly EVERYWHERE?! Let's be honest...most people do not understand the gold standard, what it was, or what Ron Paul's position on a collateral-backed currency means. It's a problem. But it also separates the wheat from the chaff when reading journalists' take on his monetary policy.

shadowhooch
07-31-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm a big supporter of Ron Paul and I don't even understand the importance of the gold standard - even after reading all the stuff.:o

UCFGavin
07-31-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm a big supporter of Ron Paul and I don't even understand the importance of the gold standard - even after reading all the stuff.:o

its not necessarily just gold, but it is important to have money backed by something. for example, if i told you i was going to give you $1,000 and you spent the money before having it in your hand, and i gave you an IOU, what would happen if you came to collect that money? However, if i told you i was going to give you $1,000 and i had a bicycle that was worth $1,000. i couldn't give you the money, but the money was backed by something (my bicycle). right now, we're pretty much paying on IOUs.

Syren123
07-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Libertydollar.org has a lot of great info on this very thing. It takes a little time to completely wrap your head around what they're talking about, but keep reading and one day you'll go "OH! I get it! That was easy." Just keep reading. It's worth it.

Zydeco
07-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Of course, what lets me sleep at night is knowing that the U.S. Government could pay off the entire debt if it had to by selling its assets (National Parks, etc.). Of course, it would be nice to just *have* the money from the assets instead of paying debt with it, but still...at this point, I'm happy for it.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
07-31-2007, 05:34 PM
I fluoridated them a little bit. But I don't think they need my help...

ghemminger
07-31-2007, 05:37 PM

Me too...:confused: