PDA

View Full Version : An idea to circumvent the mainstream media... this is important!!

wildflower
01-23-2008, 03:50 AM
I'm pretty sure this idea has been brought up before.... but I'm not sure if anyone followed through with it, so I want to bring this up again.

We need to use public access TV. In case anyone isn't familiar with it, anyone can use public access.

What we need to do is get all the best documentaries together - the ones that are hard-hitting and show the corruption, or the agenda for globalism, and what you never see on the regular networks. (there is a list of the best documentaries on another thread)

... and then get these aired on public access tv, in different cities around the country. Since it seems like Hillary will be the nominee, we should use The Clinton Chronicles or other documentaries that show the criminal nature of the clintons, and get it on your local public access station.

And to get people to watch it, we can promote it first... through flyers or whatever to promote when it will be on.

Since obviously the MSM is ignoring Paul, we can still use the power of television by getting the truth out through community access tv.

Who would be on board for this?? :) Btw, in big cities such as LA or San Francisco, this can potentially reach a LOT of people.

(I would like to do this myself, but i'm currently living in Mexico... so I can't do much from here except for on the internet)

ps - if this was posted in the wrong forum, i'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure people would read it. Thanks.

BreakYourChains
01-23-2008, 03:54 AM
Forgive me for being uninformed on this subject. How do you gain access? Are there people you contact, or laws which allow you to use the airtime? I have no idea, and we have discussed this before in our Meetup group, but no one really knows where to start. Any ideas or places to find the info needed?

xCakex
01-23-2008, 03:54 AM
Blimp!

wildflower
01-23-2008, 04:07 AM
Forgive me for being uninformed on this subject. How do you gain access? Are there people you contact, or laws which allow you to use the airtime? I have no idea, and we have discussed this before in our Meetup group, but no one really knows where to start. Any ideas or places to find the info needed?

Ok, I'm glad you asked. Well...what I know, from personal experience, is how to get a regular timeslot. I'm not sure how it works with just getting a video aired once... that might be different. But I'll tell you my experience.

10 years ago when I was living in San Francisco, I had my own (very amateur) public access show. (I was mostly behind the camera, and had some people I knew from SF State that did the show with me)

All I did was go to the public access station and get on a waiting list for a regular timeslot. And I had to take an easy little producer's class (I think it was a one-time thing) and then put down a 50 dollar deposit, in case I wanted to use their cameras or editing booth. After a short waiting period, I got my own show, on twice a month.

Since I was already signed up with the station, one time I did schedule a one-time airing of a documentary... it was easy, because I was already with the station for my show.

So for someone who isn't already signed up with a public access station... I'm not sure if they would have to go through a similar process, or what. It might be easier (and save time) to find people who are already involved with their local public access station. But if not, then like I said... it's not difficult at all. At least it wasn't 10 years ago, I'm not sure if it has changed much.

I hope that was helpful.

tomveil
01-23-2008, 04:15 AM
This is a great idea. Our local meetup has looked into it and will be airing something as we get closer. The trick is that you HAVE to inform people when this will be airing and what channel it will be on.

wildflower
01-23-2008, 04:17 AM
This is a great idea. Our local meetup has looked into it and will be airing something as we get closer. The trick is that you HAVE to inform people when this will be airing and what channel it will be on.

Yes, exactly! Please do this, because that's what public access is there for... for regular people, to get things on TV.

And like you said, the key is to promote the hell out of it, before it's aired. Get as many people to watch as possible. In a big city, you'd probably get people flipping through the channels to watch it, but it would be better if it was promoted first.

BreakYourChains
01-23-2008, 04:17 AM
Thanks. Guess you would have to run some radio or newspaper ads perhaps? Food for thought for our next meeting.

wildflower
01-23-2008, 04:24 AM
^ Yeah, you could do that. What I did was go downtown and hand out flyers to people walking by. :D But whatever it takes to promote when it will be on.

I'm bringing this up because I know that a lot of people (especially older people, and busy people who don't have time to be on the internet much) aren't hearing about Paul - and with the media black-out, we need to do something. TV reaches A LOT of people, so this would be a great way to reach people and circumvent the controlled MSM.

BreakYourChains
01-23-2008, 04:40 AM
Bump

dblee
01-23-2008, 04:46 AM
make sure you have rights to whatever you're airing

Mark
01-23-2008, 06:16 AM
Yep, this a no brainer. I haven't seen but once or twice where people are doing it. It really needs to be promoted as an idea.

wildflower
01-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks Mark. Yeah, I hope more people get on it soon. Like I said, I would, but I'm not in the US right now.