PDA

View Full Version : Is This Correct?

Eli
01-23-2008, 03:22 AM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/map/

I see its only counting this quarter so far, but has mitt really raised 62m, rudy 47m, Mccain 32m?

I don't know about you but that sounds like their totals for the entire year vs Ron pauls totals for just this quarter so far. Maybe its not counting ron paul's fourth quarter in the total for last year but it is everyone elses?

jrich4rpaul
01-23-2008, 03:25 AM
It says it's based on FEC data from Jan 7th..?

I don't think it's current. Giuliani can't be broke, asking people to work without pay, and have 40+ mil

exer51
01-23-2008, 03:26 AM
That's not including anyones 4th quarter. All the mainstream hacks were raising a ton the first few quarters when RP wasn't. They have since dried up, while RP has gotten more.

luvthedoc08
01-23-2008, 03:27 AM
lol wtf is that? saying RP only raised just under 9 mil? god i hate the media so so very much

BreakYourChains
01-23-2008, 03:29 AM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/map/

I see its only counting this quarter so far, but has mitt really raised 62m, rudy 47m, Mccain 32m?

I don't know about you but that sounds like their totals for the entire year vs Ron pauls totals for just this quarter so far. Maybe its not counting ron paul's fourth quarter in the total for last year but it is everyone elses?

Go to the bottom of the page and read the fine print. It took me a while to find it. The amounts are from Jan 1, 2007 to Sept 30, 2007. Nothing to do with right now....how misleading they are, eh?

jrich4rpaul
01-23-2008, 03:29 AM
I get it. It's still only current up to the end of Q3.

The new numbers still aren't out yet. We'll see a drastic change when they are

pacelli
01-23-2008, 03:37 AM
It says it's based on FEC data from Jan 7th..?

I don't think it's current. Giuliani can't be broke, asking people to work without pay, and have 40+ mil

I seriously doubt that Giuliani is actually broke - the story about asking people to work without their January pay is a misinformation tactic in my view. Looks like Huck stole that tactic as well.

jrich4rpaul
01-23-2008, 03:38 AM
I seriously doubt that Giuliani is actually broke - the story about asking people to work without their January pay is a misinformation tactic in my view. Looks like Huck stole that tactic as well.

The thing about Huck is that he really is broke.

sidster
01-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Looks pretty accurate. Compare it to the FEC numbers:

FEC Presidential Campaign Finance (http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/mapApp.do?drillLevel=US&stateName=&cand_id=P80000748&searchType=&searchSQLType=&searchKeyword=)

All Candidates 416.2
Democrats 241.1
Republicans 175.1
Clinton (D) 89.0
Obama (D) 79.4
Romney (R) 61.6
Giuliani (R) 46.7
McCain (R) 31.4
Edwards (D) 30.1
Richardson (D) 18.5
Dodd (D) 13.6
Thompson, F (R) 12.7
Paul (R) 8.2
Biden (D) 8.1
Brownback (R) 4.1
Tancredo (R) 3.5
Huckabee (R) 2.3
Kucinich (D) 2.1
Hunter (R) 1.9
Thompson, T (R) 1.1
Cox (R) 1.0
Gilmore (R) 0.4
Gravel (D) 0.4

rmholla
01-23-2008, 03:52 AM
The other campaigns don't have the grassroots effort that Ron Paul has. They have to spend tons of money to get their message out.

Ron Paul supporters are getting his message out in their own way, they aren't sitting back and waiting for orders. MeetUp groups pick a day to wave signs and everyone shows up, that is worth the same amount as the other candidates are spending for commercials.

Don't worry about the dollars the others have, concentrate on doing anything to spread Ron Paul's message.

-

sidster
01-23-2008, 03:55 AM
The other campaigns don't have the grassroots effort that Ron Paul has. They have to spend tons of money to get their message out.

Ron Paul supporters are getting his message out in their own way, they aren't sitting back and waiting for orders. MeetUp groups pick a day to wave signs and everyone shows up, that is worth the same amount as the other candidates are spending for commercials.

Don't worry about the dollars the others have, concentrate on doing anything to spread Ron Paul's message.

-

True. Ron Paul doesn't have as huge a staff salary to pay and worry about.
I keep hearing that even though Clinton has raise the most, but most of what
she has raised she has spent.

The beauty of it is that Ron Paul has significantly more cash at hand than
others. So I hear.