PDA

View Full Version : How can we possibly win with only 100,000 votes so far?

sharpsteve2003
01-23-2008, 02:35 AM
Do you realize that if the over 100,000 that have voted for Ron Paul already, were to get just 1 new person per month into the Precinct Leader (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/signup.php?r=sharpsteve2003@yahoo.com) system database, and then they each got 1 more voter each month and so on, that by Sept for the GOP convention we would have 25.6 million votes for Ron Paul, and by Nov we would have 102 million. There are only about 250 million eligible (not registered, just eligible) voters in the whole country.

Think how easy it will be once we get past super Tuesday and add those numbers.

So far only 10,570 have signed up as Precinct Leader. We need a total of 180,000 to cover every Precinct across the country. Remember each Ron Paul voter you can Identify with this system will be one more Ron Paul voter that can be helping to get more Ron Paul voters. So far, in the primaries and Caucuses that have taken place, Ron Paul has received the votes of well over 100,000 voters. If every one of those voters were in the Precinct Leader system, they would have access to slim jims, signs and support of other Ron Paul voters to help get more Ron Paul voters into the system and it would just keep building on itself.

sharpsteve2003
01-23-2008, 04:52 AM
morning bump

jrich4rpaul
01-23-2008, 04:54 AM
More precinct leaders = more votes

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

Everyone needs to be spreading the message that ANYONE can be a PL, and it's easy.

Many people don't join because they don't think they are eligible, don't know what it's about, and confuse it with being a delegate. We need to be clarifying this.

sharpsteve2003
01-23-2008, 02:10 PM
10,997 doing better

sharpsteve2003
01-23-2008, 06:14 PM
bump for victory

AlexMerced
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
our numbers are buck up in rasmussen, and it's because of precinct leaders, if we keep it up we can hit 10% and then at least we can shed the title longshot, and upgrade to maverick :p

freedom-maniac
01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Or we can take the significant build up, run as a third party candidate, zap votes from disaffected Dems who know Hillary's not going to pull out of Iraq, and run into the White House the same way Lincoln defeated the Dems and the Whigs in 1860.

sharpsteve2003
01-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Or we can take the significant build up, run as a third party candidate, zap votes from disaffected Dems who know Hillary's not going to pull out of Iraq, and run into the White House the same way Lincoln defeated the Dems and the Whigs in 1860.

It would set us up good for whatever the outcome of GOP. Personally I'd like to see both parties go down in flames. It may be easier to crash and burn both parties than somehow work to change what the GOP has become. I'm no fan of either party Myself. It's to easy to just pick a side than actually think about where the candidate stands on issues. I don't care what party you belong to, I care what you plan on doing, and if the Constitution played a part in your reasons for those decisions.

sharpsteve2003
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
11,542 precinct leaders in 10,760 precincts. Doing better every day!

sharpsteve2003
01-25-2008, 11:51 AM

Caravello
01-25-2008, 11:57 AM
I think RP only got 430,000 or so votes from the ENTIRE country when he ran for prez as a libertarian in 88. We are already 1/4 of the way there after only a handful of states!!!!!!

Not saying that 430,000 should be the goal, but to put it in perspective and to illustrate how far he has come.

sharpsteve2003
01-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I think after super Tuesday we will see that we are much further along than we may think. I'll be posting numbers and what we need to do to get to wining margins.

sharpsteve2003
01-25-2008, 06:50 PM
12,001!!!!

PledgeForPaul
01-25-2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.redtelegram.com/2008/01/25/how-could-ron-paul-win-the-republican-nomination/ outlines a possible state strategy... but really the best thing to do is work hard in every single state. It all comes down to the precinct leaders signing up and stepping up!

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 06:56 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/10/V_mini_series_poster.JPG

freedom-maniac
01-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Sehr Gut! For what it's worth, the Freedom Message will always have my support.

Greenskin
01-25-2008, 07:30 PM
I am now a Precinct Leader!

Woo, Ohio 76 Represent

UK4Paul
01-25-2008, 07:37 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/10/V_mini_series_poster.JPG

Love it :D

MaidenFan
01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
If we win the Republican nomination, even if we run as a third party, there will more than likely be one huge, gargantuan, massive, two billion dollar obstacle in our way. Mayor Bloomberg of NYC has stated publicly that if he runs for the white house he would use $2 Billion of his vast personal fortune on his campaign. This will effectively make him a powerhouse as even the two "major" candidates will be outspent because of the new campaign funding rules.

He said he'll announce weather he runs or not after super Tuesday. What do you think his decision depends on?

sharpsteve2003
01-25-2008, 07:47 PM
If we win the Republican nomination, even if we run as a third party, there will more than likely be one huge, gargantuan, massive, two billion dollar obstacle in our way. Mayor Bloomberg of NYC has stated publicly that if he runs for the white house he would use $2 Billion of his vast personal fortune on his campaign. This will effectively make him a powerhouse as even the two "major" candidates will be outspent because of the new campaign funding rules.

He said he'll announce weather he runs or not after super Tuesday. What do you think his decision depends on?

That old Queen can stay in NY with his boy toy!

deedles
01-25-2008, 07:50 PM
If there are any precinct leaders reading this that have already been out and doing this...

have you had trouble with the walk list of addys and phone numbers? Mine seem seriously flawed. I'm not even on it and I've voted in this town for 5 years already. I've heard they are not as up to date as they could be..

And this is not the campaigns fault as I believe this info comes from the rep party.

So, have you found your lists to be useful and if not, what did you do?

LukeNM
01-25-2008, 07:56 PM
I am considering being a PL, but the timing has me concerned. Our primary in NM is not until June 3rd. If I hit the streets now people may forget about Ron Paul before our primary election takes place. I do not want to have to visit them multiple times and become an annoyance.

sharpsteve2003
01-25-2008, 08:03 PM
If there are any precinct leaders reading this that have already been out and doing this...

have you had trouble with the walk list of addys and phone numbers? Mine seem seriously flawed. I'm not even on it and I've voted in this town for 5 years already. I've heard they are not as up to date as they could be..

And this is not the campaigns fault as I believe this info comes from the rep party.

Tehy can be out of date check the list again because they are updateing some wiht newer and better info.

I had to add myself and my dad to mine but we just moved in 6 months ago.

One way I found to get numbers and names that are not on the list is yellowpages.com you can do a reverse lookup by address. just leave off the number and enter a street name and it will give you lots of info. Now they might not be registered voters but depending on when your primary is this may or may not be an issue. Part of what we are trying to do as Precinct leader is to gt all the info up to date. Again this depends on what kind of time frame your working with. Just do the best you can. Remember this can be used all the way till Nov. I plan on working my list till I hit every house. I should be able to get that done by Nov and then some.

Ronin
01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
I am considering being a PL, but the timing has me concerned. Our primary in NM is not until June 3rd. If I hit the streets now people may forget about Ron Paul before our primary election takes place. I do not want to have to visit them multiple times and become an annoyance.

Do lit drops with contact info included. Build a network so when June rolls around you'll have an army in your precinct. I printed up a short introductory letter, bought a $30 electric stapler, and went to town. Another captain in my county is using small labels printed on his ink-jet to put on slim-jims. He said he got 5000 for $30 IIRC.

If you want to see my letter let me know.

sharpsteve2003
01-25-2008, 08:22 PM

WOW your lucky. I wish I had that much time before primary. We didn't even get this in Michigan till 1 week before primary and then the slim jims and signs arrived 3 days before.

JasonCYST
01-25-2008, 08:51 PM

Yes. Out of all people listed on page 1, only 5 were correct.

As for what I'm doing, rather than knocking on doors, I'm going house to house in my precinct and placing an large legal document size envelope (with 'Ron Paul 2008' logo on it, as well as an image of ron paul) on each and every doorstep that includes the entire issues section of ronpaul2008, some misc information, a dvd, and a personal letter.

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes. Out of all people listed on page 1, only 5 were correct.

As for what I'm doing, rather than knocking on doors, I'm going house to house in my precinct and placing an large legal document size envelope (with 'Ron Paul 2008' logo on it, as well as an image of ron paul) on each and every doorstep that includes the entire issues section of ronpaul2008, some misc information, a dvd, and a personal letter.

wow. neato. i think im going to upgrade my flyer-on-the-mailbox method to this. **except ill include my request to contact me to put a sign in their yard :D