PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and the U.N.

Starks
07-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Would he want us to stay on the security council?

CodeMonkey
07-31-2007, 12:43 PM
He wants us out entirely, so I'm gonna go with "no".

LibertyBelle
07-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Would he want us to stay on the security council?

He wants us out, so naturally the answer would be no. It is a world governing body that tries to dictate what goes on in the rest of the world. 'Security' Council is like 'Patriot' Act. Misleading. Should be called 'Global Corporation Interest Council'.

nakor667
07-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Ron will appear at the UN during his first week in office, announce the withdrawal of the US from the UN, and give them two weeks notice to move their headquarters out of our country.

MozoVote
07-31-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm kind of skeptical we would really leave. Countries will still want to talk to each other, and having a central venue for that is practical. And Congress will keep his hands tied.

Ron will not fund anywhere near the number of UN initiatives that we currently do, though. I remember Reagan cut our UN budget contribution, and I think we remained behind what the UN wanted from us, until Clinton's term.

austin356
07-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Ron has said he does not hate the "talking part" of the UN, he hates the International Organization of the UN.

I would not really mind if it was replaced with a global forum for multi-lateral diplomacy as long whatever we are involved in does not have the power to raise money or fund initiatives, the power of sanctions, or the power of war, or any other hard power for that matter.

Bradley in DC
07-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Ron will appear at the UN during his first week in office, announce the withdrawal of the US from the UN, and give them two weeks notice to move their headquarters out of our country.

I doubt if he has any opinion their headquarters location--we would have a free country afterall.

MozoVote
07-31-2007, 08:04 PM
As we have seen in our own republic over the course of 230 years, power gradually centralizes and marginalizes the states. Ceding any sovreignty to the UN, while so much of the world lives in tyranny and mafiacrocy, is unthinkable. I would rather see us bury the American revolution rejoin the British crown, than let third world countries tax us and craft our laws.

mesler
07-31-2007, 08:28 PM
We don't need the UN to talk and be allies.

rpf2008
08-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Forget the UN, they are a J O K E !

The Darfur thing has been going on for years and everyone in the world knows it. BUT BUT BUT the UN just recently decided to "step up" and send a "security force".

Wow that'll do wonders for all the people who are already dead !

The UN HQ needs to be removed from US property IMMEDIATELY.