PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana might not actually be the first gold for Ron Paul...

lvp1138
01-23-2008, 02:04 AM
It might actually be Nevada.

Nevada's caucus was composed of two parts. A non-important straw poll for media purposes (what the media is reporting), and the selection of delegates that would vote at the county convention, and eventually, the state convention.

As you can see from results of Nevada precincts posted here at ronpaulforums, in most precincts, the majority of delegates were for Ron Paul (they did not have to announce who they supported but we knew who they were).

There were tons of Romney supporters, all wearing the same stickers on their shirts (even though no one was handing them out at the school) and the same strange postcard in their hands. And everytime one of them would come in through the door, he or she would know all the other Romney supporters.

It was a concerted effort of the Mormon Church members (exit polls show 95% of Mormons voted for Romney), HOWEVER, most did not understand the importance of delegates.

My precinct got half the delegates for Ron Paul, as well as just about all other precints I could ask about.

Nevada will not be announcing delegates until the state convention. But I am quite sure we have more delegates than all other candidates.

So, Nevada might actually be the first gold... the media of course will not talk about that possibility.

Louisiana did a great job tonight and hopefully we will have more official results tomorrow. We here in Nevada unfortunately have to wait until March for official numbers...

Joe3113
01-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Awesome! :D

ClayTrainor
01-23-2008, 02:06 AM
Really? Where is there more info on the delegate situation in Nevada?

hueylong
01-23-2008, 02:07 AM
I guess we'll need to keep track of that.

ronpauleddy
01-23-2008, 02:07 AM
This Is Amazing!! If...no When He Makes It To The Convention!! He Is Going To Win!!

billyjoeallen
01-23-2008, 02:10 AM
cool!

Ex Post Facto
01-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Someone help me out...was there a caucus today?

Your post and this article makes me wonder

http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/01/23/positive-for-ron-paul-in-louisiana-caucus-results/

hueylong
01-23-2008, 02:13 AM
Louisiana District Caucuses. Whole subforum -- look for "Winning Louisiana"

puppetmaster
01-23-2008, 03:14 AM
I think this could be correct....nice job NV and LA!!
What state wants to be the third.....hmmm

exer51
01-23-2008, 03:23 AM
I think this could be correct....nice job NV and LA!!
What state wants to be the third.....hmmm

WASHINGTON!!!!!!!

Or at least that's what state I want to be next... Except I really don't since it's after Super Tuesday, and if he didn't win anything there that would be teh ghey.

literatim
01-23-2008, 03:31 AM
It was a concerted effort of the Mormon Church members (exit polls show 95% of Mormons voted for Romney), HOWEVER, most did not understand the importance of delegates.

Correction. Most probably couldn't vote for delegates since they were out-of-staters.

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 03:48 AM
hahaha! same happened for me in Iowa! except with Huck supporters...

luvthedoc08
01-23-2008, 03:50 AM
how do i just keep finding out about these things? go team!

freelance
01-23-2008, 04:53 AM
Really? Where is there more info on the delegate situation in Nevada?

You won't find what you're looking for recorded anywhere, because they did it the right way in NV--by STEALTH. Many of the RP delegates are uncommitted, so that the GOP PTB don't know and won't know until it's too late.

Nice going NV and LA.

Starwind
01-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Beautiful.

Pete Kay
01-23-2008, 07:44 AM
You guys in NV and LA did great!

You know we have a real possibility of winning this. If we get a good number of delegates after Feb 5 then Ron Paul has a real shot. It's most likely that a Republican front runner will be crowned, either Romney or McCain. Huckabee will probably win some states. Ron Paul may win some states but will do well in California where delegates are partitioned by district. If a frontrunner is declared then Huckabee will probably drop out and Giulliani will probably already have been out but if not then that's even better as he will split the votes more.

20 states go forth on Feb 5. That's a lot but that still leaves us with almost another 20 states to go. There will be a lot of apathy after Feb 5 and low voter turnout. This means if we are down to just a few candidates then Ron Paul will get more attention and win more delegates.

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Anyone who doesn't understand what is said here, let me simplify it.

These guys are using unique state systems to work smarter, not harder. We have delegates you won't hear about, maybe not until September and the convention, because they've brilliantly worked under the radar. It won't be something we can point to and say, see this is why voting for Dr. Paul isn't throwing your vote away (unfortunately), so we'll just have to keep trying to convince people to vote their consciences. However, it is strong reason to know deep in our hearts that we are not wasting our time and effort!

You people are geniuses! Thank you!

Ethek
01-23-2008, 08:34 AM
It think aiming for the convention and not the up front vote is a winning strategy for us. Still, I wonder about being eligible to broker in the convention! There is a rule about having the majority of delegates in 5 states.. or perhaps it is the majority of popular votes in 5 states. Does anyone know the answer for this?

pebcak
01-23-2008, 08:40 AM
This is wonderful news! Thanks for bringing this up. When is the NV state convention?

Sematary
01-23-2008, 08:41 AM
It might actually be Nevada.

Nevada's caucus was composed of two parts. A non-important straw poll for media purposes (what the media is reporting), and the selection of delegates that would vote at the county convention, and eventually, the state convention.

As you can see from results of Nevada precincts posted here at ronpaulforums, in most precincts, the majority of delegates were for Ron Paul (they did not have to announce who they supported but we knew who they were).

There were tons of Romney supporters, all wearing the same stickers on their shirts (even though no one was handing them out at the school) and the same strange postcard in their hands. And everytime one of them would come in through the door, he or she would know all the other Romney supporters.

My precinct got half the delegates for Ron Paul, as well as just about all other precints I could ask about.

Nevada will not be announcing delegates until the state convention. But I am quite sure we have more delegates than all other candidates.

So, Nevada might actually be the first gold... the media of course will not talk about that possibility.

Louisiana did a great job tonight and hopefully we will have more official results tomorrow. We here in Nevada unfortunately have to wait until March for official numbers...

When is the state convention?

AlexMerced
01-23-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm scared about what will Happen at the LA state convention

Technics2000
01-23-2008, 09:18 AM
This is wonderful news! Thanks for bringing this up. When is the NV state convention?

State Convention

Summary: The Convention will be held in Reno.

More information to come.
When: Saturday, April 26, 2008
Who: Nevada Republican Party
(702) 258-9182
Info@NevadaGOP.org

acptulsa
01-23-2008, 09:35 AM
It think aiming for the convention and not the up front vote is a winning strategy for us. Still, I wonder about being eligible to broker in the convention! There is a rule about having the majority of delegates in 5 states.. or perhaps it is the majority of popular votes in 5 states. Does anyone know the answer for this?

Just got back from the official G.O.P. website. Any nominee must have the support of a majority of the delegates of five states. It is delegates at the time of the convention and it says nothing at all about territories.