PDA

View Full Version : In McCain county - need help picking Ad

ForrestLayne
01-23-2008, 01:28 AM
I live in the mountains of Virginia - Our Primary is Feb 12

I can afford 3 days of 1/2 page ad in our local daily newspaper that covers 3 VA counties, 1 VA city and 1/3 of a WV county.

I am fighting an older, entrenched crowd in these parts. Wife figures McCain to be the area's choice. Not many on computers. Get info from MSM.

I need to hit Gun ownership, McCain's 100 yr Iraq plan and esp. Social Security.

It needs to be pdf file and they said the right size would help but not required.

B&W is better, but for $450 more I can do color on all.

Any guidance or suggestions are appreciated.

Santana28
01-23-2008, 02:16 AM
i'd say contrast the immigration issue, the support for veterans, and the financial ramifications of waging unending war

gun ownership too!

rodent
01-23-2008, 02:35 AM
I live in the mountains of Virginia - Our Primary is Feb 12

I can afford 3 days of 1/2 page ad in our local daily newspaper that covers 3 VA counties, 1 VA city and 1/3 of a WV county.

I am fighting an older, entrenched crowd in these parts. Wife figures McCain to be the area's choice. Not many on computers. Get info from MSM.

I need to hit Gun ownership, McCain's 100 yr Iraq plan and esp. Social Security.

It needs to be pdf file and they said the right size would help but not required.

B&W is better, but for $450 more I can do color on all.

Any guidance or suggestions are appreciated.

I'm tapped out for cash, but I'm surprised that you say they aren't many with computers. How do you get into 2008 without a computer? They are so cheap these days, too.

ForrestLayne
01-23-2008, 02:42 AM
I'm tapped out for cash, but I'm surprised that you say they aren't many with computers. How do you get into 2008 without a computer? They are so cheap these days, too.

This is the sticks man - 10 years behind everyone else. I tell people to "google" something and they look at me like I'm nuts. The ones I know have computers complain that when they check their e-mail every week they have to get through all the junk mail.

How else could the newspaper cover 3 1/3 counties and 1 city with 12,000 issues a day???

As my son's favorite Cars movie line goes -

I'M IN HILLBILLY HELL

BTW - Not looking for money - I can handle that - First time doing this - Don't want to mess it up for Dr. Paul

joe77
01-23-2008, 02:44 AM
i'd say contrast the immigration issue, the support for veterans, and the financial ramifications of waging unending war

gun ownership too!

This guy is right on the money

ForrestLayne
01-23-2008, 02:47 AM
any place to get - ready to go ads?

colecrowe
01-23-2008, 02:54 AM
http://parocks.com/mccainoniraq.JPG

Lars
01-23-2008, 04:02 AM
Great ad!

RonPaulalways
01-23-2008, 04:21 AM
^ Great ad

Maybe at the top you can put:

McCAIN: UNFIT FOR COMMAND
INCONSISTENT

and at the bottom:

VOTE RON PAUL: A CONSISTENT LEADER YOU CAN COUNT ON

or

VOTE RON PAUL: HOPE FOR AMERICA

Agora
01-23-2008, 04:27 AM
I like the expression "lip service", use it (great for ad too) : ))))

jlaker
01-23-2008, 04:35 AM
http://parocks.com/mccainoniraq.JPG

Great ad. It lets people know just how insane he really is.:D