PDA

View Full Version : Jan 30 Pres Debate at Reagan Library!

sidster
01-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Is anyone planning a group showing at this event?

This should be an important event, it is THE presidential
debate before Super-Tuesday, held right here in our backyard,
at the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley!

Anyone interested in going as a group with signs, banners,
cameras and all?

Event: Ronal Reagan Library (http://www.reaganfoundation.org/pressrelease.asp?press_id=122).

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
40 Presidential Drive, Simi Valley, California 93065
800-410-8354

RonPaulFTW08
01-23-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm down with comin to show support with signs, flags, etc but I'm also interested in attending the debate itself... How do you get tickets to one of these events anyways?

sidster
01-23-2008, 04:03 AM
^^^

Good question. I'm not sure how one gets a ticket for attending the
debate or if one has to be invited to it.

I'm definitely going to make it to the Reagan Library. Gonna ask for
the day off tomorrow.

luvthedoc08
01-23-2008, 07:46 PM
this debate is only for the press but i'm gonna be there supporting outside, RP will probably come out and say hello and i'm dying to meet him

LukeNM
01-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Well if you go be respectful to the grounds because former President Ronald Reagan is actually buried there...

RonPaulFTW08
01-24-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm gonna be there 4 sure... Just signed up to attend (the rally) with my meetup group.

sidster
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm gonna be there 4 sure... Just signed up to attend (the rally) with my meetup group.

Which meetup group?

I posted this very post on the Pasadena meetup group's message board
but it got removed (a bit rude I thought) after they added an "event".

I'll be there as well :)

RonPaulFTW08
01-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Which meetup group?

I posted this very post on the Pasadena meetup group's message board
but it got removed (a bit rude I thought) after they added an "event".

I'll be there as well :)

I'm with the Irvine meetup =)

fmontez
01-26-2008, 05:53 PM
I wrote a speech for Ron Paul at the next Debate!

“As many of you know I was vehemently opposed to going into Iraq. But that is in the past, for good or ill we are now engaged in a struggle to bring democracy to the people of Iraq. Our mission has been accomplished, it is now time for us to bring our troops home; to defend our own borders, and to elevate the crushing burden of debt that this war has placed on our economy.

Our brave soldiers have fought hard. A dangerous dictator has been removed, and a new vibrant Democracy has been established in the Middle East. Now the time has come for the Iraqi people to self govern. They will face some turmoil, some strife, but they are ready to meet the challenges of the coming days.

We have a lot to be proud of; our work in Iraq may well lead to a renewed Stability throughout the Middle East. Now it is time to put America First, to secure our borders, and to spend our precious tax dollars here, in the United States!”

No more rambling Empire Speeches... Get this script into RP's hands prior to the debate, this is our last chance to influence Super Tuesday.

Tidewise
01-26-2008, 05:53 PM
There are AT LEAST 20 of us coming up from San Diego. Probably more.

RonPaulFTW08
01-26-2008, 06:22 PM

Awesomeness!

Pauls' Revere
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
The gloves come off.

Xenophage
01-26-2008, 06:58 PM
I wrote a speech for Ron Paul at the next Debate!

“As many of you know I was vehemently opposed to going into Iraq. But that is in the past, for good or ill we are now engaged in a struggle to bring democracy to the people of Iraq. Our mission has been accomplished, it is now time for us to bring our troops home; to defend our own borders, and to elevate the crushing burden of debt that this war has placed on our economy.

Our brave soldiers have fought hard. A dangerous dictator has been removed, and a new vibrant Democracy has been established in the Middle East. Now the time has come for the Iraqi people to self govern. They will face some turmoil, some strife, but they are ready to meet the challenges of the coming days.

We have a lot to be proud of; our work in Iraq may well lead to a renewed Stability throughout the Middle East. Now it is time to put America First, to secure our borders, and to spend our precious tax dollars here, in the United States!”

No more rambling Empire Speeches... Get this script into RP's hands prior to the debate, this is our last chance to influence Super Tuesday.

His empire speeches are partly what brought me on board. I've been talking about this stuff with friends for a while... about our troops in Japan and Korea and elsewhere around the globe getting us into trouble and costing us money, and turning world opinion against us, while doing nothing practical for the good of our country.

I know you want to appeal to the hawkish old timer Republicans out there, but frankly, you're not going to do it by changing your wording. I think they either support troop withdrawal or they don't. Most of them are pro-war, and some of them think the war was a bad idea but that we need to stay now that we're there. The latter group will likely only be brought around to Paul by appealing to their conservative sensibilities regarding the economy and individual rights. On a side note I just dropped something in my coffee and I have no idea what it was, but I'll continue to drink it. Anyway, they have to be either brought around to our point of view, or outnumbered by us at the polls.

Xenophage
01-26-2008, 07:02 PM

Stay classy...

"A whale's vagina!"

sidster
01-26-2008, 08:20 PM
I got some rattle-cans and plan on making some home-made
signs to bring with me. Never done this hopefully they'll look
decent :)

Caravello
01-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I plan to be there.

sidster
01-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Anyone else get notified of the post debate rally in Simi Valley?
Anyone going?

malibu
01-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Stay classy...

Classy - in Simi Valley ?
That's very funny - come up from east LA to storm them if you need to and pelt the neo-cons with eggs.

RonPaulFTW08
01-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Anyone else get notified of the post debate rally in Simi Valley?
Anyone going?

I think theres a link to attend the post debate rally somewhere on ronpaul2008.com ...it's like a $100 donation to attend.

I don't have the money so I'm gonna go to the pre debate rally. 5 months of unemployment kinda putting a drain on me =/ Really bad timing for me to be broke cause there's so much stuff I wanna do to help out..

JS4Pat
01-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Any other details on this debate?

Time? Network? Moderators? Attendees? Format?

jdmetz
01-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Any other details on this debate?

Time? Network? Moderators? Attendees? Format?

Help choose the questions here: http://dyn.politico.com/debate/

RonPaulFTW08
01-28-2008, 01:08 PM
From Irvine Meetupgroup calendar:

When: Wednesday, January 30, 3:00 PM

Where: (See below..)

Who should come: EVERYONE should come out and show their support for Ron Paul as he arrives to participate in the January 30th debate.

Event Description: All Ron Paul supporters are requested to attend.
- The debate is set to start at 5PM.
- The California Ron Paul Field Director estimates the Doctor will arrive an hour or so prior to the start of the debate (this is not definite, but an estimate based on arrival times at prior debates).
- We would like to line the street of Olsen Road in front of the Library starting at 3PM, to ensure we are in time for Dr. Paul's arrival!
- What to bring: signs, banners, and flags to show your support for Ron Paul!

... I'm gonna be there at 3PM and (hopefully, if I can somehow come up with $100 bux to make it to the post-debate rally) hang out in the area all day until 6:30PM for the post-debate rally at The Grand Vista Hotel.

RonPaulFTW08
01-28-2008, 01:22 PM
^^^Above was info for pre-debate rally.

Following is info for post-debate rally at The Grand Vista Hotel where Dr. Ron Paul will address supporters. $100 donation to get in: http://people.ronpaul2008.com/california/2008/01/27/ron-paul-in-simi-valley/

sidster
01-29-2008, 11:08 PM
I got the following e-mail messages from Dan McBride about the
post-debate rally:

PAY AT THE DOOR

The preferred method to obtain tickets is online at either the National or State Ron Paul websites. You also may make your donation at the door. We have the official campaign donation forms that can be filled out at the door. See you there.

If you are confused about the above, the requirement was to
donate $100 to Ron Paul's campaign and get a ticket to attend
the post-debate rally, held at The Grand Vista Hotel. (linky) (http://people.ronpaul2008.com/california/2008/01/27/ron-paul-in-simi-valley/)

WATCH DEBATE AT HOTEL

We have arranged to have the debate shown at the Grand Vista Hotel. This is the same hotel where the Ron Paul rally will be taking place after the debate. The debate is scheduled to start at 5:00 PM. Pre-debate sign wavers can go directly to the hotel after the sign waving event.

RonPaulFTW08
01-30-2008, 12:27 AM
I got the following e-mail messages from Dan McBride about the
post-debate rally:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McBride
WATCH DEBATE AT HOTEL

We have arranged to have the debate shown at the Grand Vista Hotel. This is the same hotel where the Ron Paul rally will be taking place after the debate. The debate is scheduled to start at 5:00 PM. Pre-debate sign wavers can go directly to the hotel after the sign waving event.

If you are confused about the above, the requirement was to
donate $100 to Ron Paul's campaign and get a ticket to attend
the post-debate rally, held at The Grand Vista Hotel. (linky) (http://people.ronpaul2008.com/california/2008/01/27/ron-paul-in-simi-valley/)

Excellent, I can't wait! Let's make a good impression on the hotel too and not get too obnoxious. We want them to LIKE Ron Paul and his supporters so that they may be interested enough to learn more about him, VOTE for him, and help us even to spread The Revolution!