PDA

View Full Version : What caused Thompson to back out?

I Am Weasel
01-23-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm just curious, the media seems to have supported Thompson more than Paul, yet now Fred is out of the picture. I'm curious, if Paul gets to the point that he is unable to fund his campaign or to get it to grow any more due to lack of funding to get the needed commercials, then what will we as a grassroots do to make damn sure he is able to stay in? I hear we need $23 million to win super Tuesday, but that isn't going to happen. If that goal isn't met, what is our backup plan?

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 12:13 AM
His wife stopped threatening to kick him out of the house if he didn't run for President.

KCIndy
01-23-2008, 12:17 AM
His wife stopped threatening to kick him out of the house if he didn't run for President.

HA! Quite probably true, from everything I've heard about his wife. Ol' Fred's heart was never really in the race, was it?

PimpBlimp
01-23-2008, 12:17 AM
His mother is ill

Flirple
01-23-2008, 12:24 AM
A conventional candidate like himself simply can't raise any money after they fail to finish in the top 2 in the first 4 primaries. He was broke going into SC.

Plus by leaving now he will be in good position to be considered for someone's running mate.

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 12:26 AM
His mother is ill

His mother is about 90. She's essentially ill with something every day at that age. I think Thompson finally owned up to not wanting to work hard to win the Presidency. What a waste of his supporters' time and money.

Shii
01-23-2008, 12:26 AM
He knew he was going to lose after SC, he was just as lazy getting out as he was getting in.

Cal Mabus
01-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Back-up plan is Ron Paul will get to the national convention. On Super Tuesday he will need funding, so start saving for a Super Tuesday donation and a few more big money bomb days before convention. The delegates in a brokered convention, once they hear Ron Paul speak, they will go with the money. No one likes to be a loser. There will be no other obvious choice.

Then there is always the write-in vote all the way to the end.