PDA

View Full Version : Bad News From New Hampshire

oldpaths1611
07-31-2007, 11:07 AM
I received this email alert from the Union Leader.

UnionLeader.com NewsAlert

Tuesday, July 31, 12:51 p.m. -- A new poll shows a virtual tie for first place in both New Hampshire primary races. Barack Obama and Rudy Giuliani have caught up with Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney.

More details will be posted on UnionLeader.com later this afternoon.

BW4Paul
07-31-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't think that this is so very bad at all-- it shows that the voters are fluid and open to changing their minds. We jsut need to tell more of them about RP. :)

AMack
07-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow, the big government party candidates are in a 4-way tie for first?

I'm sick of the one-party system. Not bad news though. There are small government people out there that simply need to be informed about Ron. They're underrepresented, and Dr. Paul is the man to bring them back.

beermotor
07-31-2007, 11:28 AM
These polls are so far out that they are essentially meaningless right now. We'll start to pick up steam soon, and it will build all the way into January 09 inauguration.

Don't fret!

Syren123
07-31-2007, 11:38 AM
I thought New Hampshire was a 'free state'? Or have not enough of us moved there yet to make a difference?

Those kinds of poll results seem to indicate a high number of sheep.

Slugg
07-31-2007, 11:44 AM
We'll start to pick up steam soon, and it will build all the way into January 09 inauguration.

Don't fret!

What I think you mean is we'll pick up MORE steam. I think we're-a-rollin' now. We'll get to see just how much come debate day. By the way, is there a push to get as many RP supporters inside the debate as possible? If so, where's that thread?

Johnnybags
07-31-2007, 11:50 AM
I received this email alert from the Union Leader.

UnionLeader.com NewsAlert

Tuesday, July 31, 12:51 p.m. -- A new poll shows a virtual tie for first place in both New Hampshire primary races. Barack Obama and Rudy Giuliani have caught up with Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney.

More details will be posted on UnionLeader.com later this afternoon.

If Ron does not show up there soon and his grassroots effort cannot get 50k primary votes, we do not deserve to win. He could take NH by storm if he spent a week in the state delivering fiery speeches and wagging his finger like the cnn debate. Polls mean nothing now but if he does not show up and pay his respects to the live free and die'ers they will not appreciate it. He needs to spend some time there. They love freedom but they,like Beltram want to work for your vote just the same.

max
07-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Of course RP is way down in the polls. People havent heard of him yet!

That will change as the election approaches and RP starts spending money..

relax...Just keep donating and keep building name recognition

Syren123
07-31-2007, 11:51 AM
If Ron does not show up there soon and his grassroots effert cannot get 50k primary votes, we do not deserve to win. He could take NH by storm if he spent a week in the state delivering fiery speeches and wagging his finger like the cnn debate. Polls mean nothing now but if he does not show up and pay his respects to the live free and die'ers they will not appreciate it. He needs to spend some time there. They love freedom but they,like Beltram want to work for your vote just the same.

Funny you should mention that. It appears that he WILL in fact be spending time in NH at the end of September in conjunction with that walk that's going on.

LibertyEagle
07-31-2007, 11:55 AM
It sounds to me like after we get past the Iowa straw poll, that anyone and everyone in New Hampshire and the surrounding states, should head there and make sure every single person has received some campaign literature. If we do our jobs well, he will have huge attendances at his rallies when he does get to New Hampshire again.

In other words, don't gripe about it.... DO something about it.

Jumpin_Jack
07-31-2007, 12:01 PM
This isn't really bad news, it's summer, the political storm will come upon us in the fall, then Paul's popularity will grow tremendously, as most people begin paying attention then during most election years. With the lack of a clear cut candidate in either party, and the fact that they're all with MANY faults (a lot which can make each unelectable) will give him a platform.

We already know that Giuliani has conceded defeat.

FSP-Rebel
07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
It sounds to me like after we get past the Iowa straw poll, that anyone and everyone in New Hampshire and the surrounding states, should head there and make sure every single person has received some campaign literature. If we do our jobs well, he will have huge attendances at his rallies when he does get to New Hampshire again.

In other words, don't gripe about it.... DO something about it.
I plan on moving to NH in Sept. I can't wait to start mingling and campaigning with the freestaters.

Syren123
07-31-2007, 12:11 PM
I plan on moving to NH in Sept. I can't wait to start mingling and campaigning with the freestaters.

WOOHOO FSP REBEL! Way to go! I want to hear your whole plan but don't want to jack the thread.

My son & I are both completely psyched to move to NH - our move date is June 2011 the day after he graduates from high school. We're FSP #7812.

FSP-Rebel
07-31-2007, 12:14 PM
My son & I are both completely psyched to move to NH - our move date is June 2011 the day after he graduates from high school. We're FSP #7812.
Congrats, we'll hold the fort down for ya;)

Badger Paul
07-31-2007, 02:48 PM
That's funny, people in Iowa complain he hasn't shown up enough times there either.

Travel costs, even you are in coach, as John McCain found out. And the reason RP has more money than McCain right now is that he's only traveling on weekends to different parts of the country. It also saves his stamnia as he is 71 years old, not 51.

RP recently won a straw poll in New Hampshire. It's not like he doesn't have people on the ground working for him there. He'll be there just be paitient.

Nathan Hale
07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Didn't a private jet company offer the use of their planes to Dr. Paul free of charge?

Nathan Hale
07-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Here's the rest of the article. It's not great news, considering that Dr, Paul has reached 3% in NH:

Sen. Barack Obama and Rudy Giuliani are on a roll in New Hampshire while Arizona Sen. John McCain continues to fall, a new poll shows.

The American Research Group’s July poll numbers released today show:

-- Obama has doubled his support in the first-primary state in the past two months and is now in a dead heat with Sen. Hillary Clinton at the top of the Democratic pack, with John Edwards third at 14 percent.

-- Giuliani has picked up support since late June, while Mitt Romney has leveled off, and the two are in a virtual dead heat. McCain has lost half of his support in the past month, according to the poll.

Among Democrats, Obama moved from 25 percent in June to 31 percent, while Clinton dropped 3 percentage points and is also at 31 percent support. Edward picked up 3 percentage points, moving form 11 percent in June to 14 percent.

Bill Richardson picked up a percentage point, to 7 percent. Sen. Joe Biden received 2 percent, with Sen. Chris Dodd and Rep. Dennis Kucinich at 1 percent each.The poll showed 13 percent of likely Democratic voters undecided.

Among Republicans, Giuliani moved from 19 percent in June to 27 percent, while Romney moved from 27 percent in June to 26 percent.

McCain, who received support of 30 percent of likely GOP voters in the ARG poll in May, dropped to 21 percent in June and to 10 percent in the latest poll.

Unannounced candidate Fred Thompson, even without a visibly active campaign in the state, polled ahead of McCain, at 13 percent. Another non-candidate, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, received 6 percent.
The bad news continued for John McCain, who has fallen from 30 percent to 10 percent since May.

Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback, Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, California Rep. Duncan Hunter, Texas Rep. Ron Paul and Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo received 1 percent each. The poll showed 13 percent of likely GOP voters undecided.

Each poll was based on 600 telephone interviews of likely primary voters (400 Democrats and 200 independents, or 418 Republicans and 182 independents). The margin of error is 4 percent.

For more details, see UnionLeader.com later today and tomorrow's New Hampshire Union Leader