PDA

View Full Version : Report about Kenner Pontchartrain Center

btwilli1
01-23-2008, 12:06 AM
From John in my meetup group #200

Perhaps for some districts, but district 1 at the very least is still up in the air. Even though we have totals for district 1, there are a large number of provisional ballots that need to be counted. These are the ballots of individuals who were not on the official list but may have been eligible to vote based on their date of registration. There were over 150 provisional ballots in Orleans and Jefferson and I do not know how many there were in St. Tammany. This is likely good news because most of these provisional ballots are probably from Ron Paul supporters who registered at the last minute.

Delegate candidates that had a very strong showing in Jefferson were local politicians who ran uncommitted to any candidate. These are local establishment (think politics as usual) politicians who tapped their local political machines to push out votes. They are uncommitted because their plan is to have their votes "for sale" at a brokered convention in September. These people are looking to line pockets while we are trying to get our country back on track...it really makes you think.

We did blow the pants off of the McCain and Romney supporters that came out in Jefferson.

and Robert in meetup #200

I heard a report from the pontchartrain center that we may win all our
delegates depending upon provisional ballots, for voters who may have
registered after november 1st, but that it is close. i am assuming that
is just a general guess for the entire field (districts 1 - 3).

I hear we may have won all delegates in baton rouge,

It seems promising!

btwilli1
01-23-2008, 12:07 AM
The Kenner mayor Ed Muniz was handing out a candidate's slate. I think it might have been Romney not 100% though.