PDA

View Full Version : Would I support MCcain?

xflashjr
01-23-2008, 12:01 AM
I just need a place to tell a story!

Ok So Today has been one of the longest days of my life. I have been looking so forward to finnaly Caucusing for Ron Paul as I have been promoting him for the past 6 months and I took off work today so I could relax and enjoy this day.

I sent out multiple emails and made phone calls to all of my social groups and posted my phone number on multiple message boards so people could call me for information.

While this seemed like it would not be that stressfull, I had a severe kink in my plans. One of my good friends had a complete Mental breakdown today and ended up going into a dillusional manic state. Myself and 6 of his friends had to track him down all day. Ended up bringing him to a mental hospital where as soon as we got there he jumps out of our car and runs away. WE chase him for 30 minutes, until a neighbor calls the cops on us as he thinks we are trying to fight him. The cops come almost arrest us and after we explain what is going on he finnaly got the proper help he needed.

Mind you at this point it was already 6 P.M. and I have been running around the entire city in a bright red I support Ron Paul shirt. I finnaly call my parents and the rest of my contacts, explain what is going on and I meet up with them right before they leave.

We make the treck down to the convention center and I finnaly get to calm down a bit when I see all the Ron Paul signs out front! We had a great parking spot and I thought everything would be great from here on out.

How did I know that was not true!

As soon as I walk in the door there is a man standing in front of me and my parents. Mind you I am wearing a bright red I support Ron Paul shirt and am standing 5 feet in front of him!

He looks at me, hands me a delegate sheet and ask if I am here to support John MCcain. At this point the look on my mother's face is priceless. I suppose she knew that this was the last straw for me!

Right in front of him I somewhat yell are you kidding me, why would I want to support a candidiate who wants to be in IRAQ for 100 years! I suppose this poor man was not expecting this and as he stammers for a few seconds he asks's well who do you support then?

I look at him and start laughing as I point at my shirt. I suppose he fealt a tad stupid at this point and said oh that explains it.

My dad decided to sort of push me forward as he knew if I stayed any longer it would not be pretty! Besides that incident I will have to say the rest of the evening went great!

The sheer amount of people there supporting ron paul was great! We ended up sitting at one of the tables to fill out the delegate sheet and the two other people who were there were also for ron paul!

I hope we can pull out gold!

acroso
01-23-2008, 12:03 AM
nice lololol

TwiLeXia
01-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Sweet!! Great to hear your story. Keep fightin' for Dr. Paul... although I must note that keeping your temper may be a good idea in the future ;)

Xonox
01-23-2008, 12:07 AM
I hope your friend's okay... way to go with the McCain guy btw.

Shii
01-23-2008, 12:09 AM
You did good! Fight the good fight :D

RPinSEAZ
01-23-2008, 12:14 AM
So, you didn't get your friend to go to the caucus for Ron Paul? :D

Carole
01-23-2008, 12:58 AM
LOL :)

Amazing story. Amazing day that ended well. Hope your friend is alright. :)

You have earned a relaxing nightcap and soothing music for your efforts.

Zibblu
01-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Incredible story. It's amazing to me that anyone is still supporting John McCain with his crazy 100 years in Iraq stuff. What's wrong with people?

billyjoeallen
01-23-2008, 01:31 AM
100years McCain is getting a huge boost from Lieberman and the Israel lobby. These guys have major pull in the media establishment. They won't go down without a fight.

RonPaulFTW08
01-23-2008, 02:00 AM
[QUOTE=xflashjr;1048798]I just need a place to tell a story!

Ok So Today has been one of the longest days of my life. I have been looking so forward to finnaly Caucusing for Ron Paul as I have been promoting him for the past 6 months and I took off work today so I could relax and enjoy this day.

I sent out multiple emails and made phone calls to all of my social groups and posted my phone number on multiple message boards so people could call me for information.

While this seemed like it would not be that stressfull, I had a severe kink in my plans. One of my good friends had a complete Mental breakdown today and ended up going into a dillusional manic state. Myself and 6 of his friends had to track him down all day. Ended up bringing him to a mental hospital where as soon as we got there he jumps out of our car and runs away. WE chase him for 30 minutes, until a neighbor calls the cops on us as he thinks we are trying to fight him. The cops come almost arrest us and after we explain what is going on he finnaly got the proper help he needed.

Mind you at this point it was already 6 P.M. and I have been running around the entire city in a bright red I support Ron Paul shirt. I finnaly call my parents and the rest of my contacts, explain what is going on and I meet up with them right before they leave.

We make the treck down to the convention center and I finnaly get to calm down a bit when I see all the Ron Paul signs out front! We had a great parking spot and I thought everything would be great from here on out.
Sounds like you are not just a good patriot but a good friend. Yeah sometimes being pushed to the edge makes u forget all about being shy and polite. At least you put it to good use. I'm going to continue to keep my fingers crossed (and think happy thoughts) for LA. Seems like everyone there are working really hard. Keep it up! This motivates me to participate more with my meetup out here in CA!

BTW McCain's face looks like that of a serial killer. And speaking of Bush-wanna-be's, wouldn't it be funny if Bush had a statue up somewhere so that on the day he leaves office (or is impeached), we tear down the statue and start hitting it with our shoes? Lol.. it's fun to day-dream sometimes..