PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Wins Arkansas Straw Poll Despite being in Huckabee’s Home State

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
01-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Ron Paul Wins Arkansas Straw Poll Despite being in Huckabee’s Home State

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Northwest Arkansas is considered a stronghold for the Republican Party in an otherwise heavily Democratic state. On Tuesday, the first straw poll for this campaign was held in Bentonville with a turnout of 142 registered voters to cast votes for their Presidential candidate of choice.

Although most people would think Mike Huckabee would be the clear winner in his home state, this was not the case. In a strong showing of support, Congressman Ron Paul took home the victory with a 37% piece of the pie.

The Benton County Republican Straw Poll was truly a packed house. Ron Paul’s regional director Mark Moore was in attendance and gave a short speech to the crowd of young and old alike.

Not only did Arkansas’s former Governor Mike Huckabee not take first place, he didn’t even finish second, losing to Mitt Romney who garnered 24% to Huckabee’s 21%.

John McCain came in with 14%. Rudy Guiliani only got 2.8%. Fred Thompson received one vote, even though he had officially dropped out earlier in the day.

For months now, signs of support for Congressman Paul have been popping up across Northwest Arkansas ranging from tail-gating events to sign-waving parties, which can be attributed to the passionate Ron Paul MeetUp groups throughout the local area.

The Ron Paul Revolution is sweeping the nation one county at a time. The Benton County and the Siloam Springs MeetUps for Ron Paul both have members running for various offices in the up-coming local elections. Keep up the great work Arkansas!

- Mr. E

www.pimpinturtle.com

cheese
01-23-2008, 12:01 AM
woo! shock and awe!

electronicmaji
01-23-2008, 12:02 AM
dupe

Winston
01-23-2008, 12:03 AM
woo! shock and awe!

haha! Rumsfeld.

There are known unknowns and there are unknown unknowns...the Ron Paul revolution is an unknown unknown becoming a known unkown that will soon just simply be known.

:D

ronpauleddy
01-23-2008, 12:05 AM
WOW...this is actual all coming together!!!
I LOVE IT!!!

Ron Paul is a genius...we are going all the way!!!

special thanks to those in LA...FANTASTIC JOB!!

Now the bar is set high for the rest of you guys!! ORGANIZE!!

Kotin
01-23-2008, 12:13 AM
i love the grassroots.

Spideynw
01-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Straw polls are pretty much pointless.

Crickett
01-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Well..if we Arkansans can't see what a slime Huck is, I do not know who will.
Too bad just a straw poll. I would love to see his sorry A** kicked in the primaries here, for REAL.
The cheating liar..

ronpauleddy
01-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Work Some Magic There In Arkansas Crickett!!

We're With Ya!!