PDA

View Full Version : Our first Gold? Louisiana. Your welcome. (unofficial)

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:05 PM
"It seems that official reports will come out tomorrow. However--when I was leaving the caucus site at 8 (as it was shutting down) they were like 60% done counting the ballots from District 6. Two campaign staffers (one which iv worked with very closely) told me that we were winning. Not only that, we were winning in every district in Louisiana.

Huge. 105 delegates to the state convention. Of which, 44 will goto the RNC for Paul (unless someone gets a majority in the primary)."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=31765

Personaly, I thought Louisiana primaries were Feb 9th... idk..?

Edit:

Ok, it looks like the caucus was today to select delegates, most of our guys got in... but I don't think this is the Primary. This means we have our guys in the door. Now all we need to do is win 5 states so they can vote for Paul in the broker convention!

From Hucks Army La:

"Just returned. I had to go Lake Charles but hepled Mike in Alex.

The entire ignoring of LOuisiana by everyone hurt. Ron Paul folks were in force.

By the way the illegal issue was there to a certain extent. I talked to a few people about it. Anyway those few were hardline and said they were Christian. My faith is in my fellow Christians is a tad rocked tonight. A few people had so much hate toward these people that it shook me. I just don't understand people that are lucky to be redeemed by the blood of Christ can be so sit in judgement and have no mercy. No mercy to even children It felt dirty talking to them. I did anyway.

Anyway the I think this story will go under the radar but we must get mike Huckaee people out on Feb 9th!!! If it under 50 percent this state will have a lot of delgates go to Ron Paul"

------------

"It is true, the Paulites were out in full force. They swarmed my wife and I before we could even walk in the building. They held out a voting sheet of the delegates who support Paul for me to take, and I just stopped to let them read my jacket which has "MIKE HUCKABEE" in huge letters with a picture of Mike and a list of his issues... yeah, they gave up on my vote at that point.

None of the delegates in District five had commited to Mike Huckabee. This shocked me at first, but I found out that this is because the delegates who personally support Mike want to be able to switch their support if Mike doesn't make it far enough in the race. Many of the delegates had an issue that they were running on... for instance, many would say, "I am pro-life and pro-family." One of the delegates that was listed as uncommitted was my college history professor, and I can tell you that he is an avid Mike supporter. I talked to him for a few minutes and he introduced me to several other delegates who told me that they will support Mike if he makes it far enough in the race. My professor said that he will cast his delegate vote for the most conservative candidate who is still in the race... he said that his delegate vote will definitely be for Mike Huckabee if he has the chance, and definitely not for Mitt Romney under any circumstances!

Louisiana will have its primary on Feb 9, and then I will be able to cast a vote specifically for Mike Huckabee. I have no doubt that Mike will win the LA primary; I am just not sure he will get 51%."

---------

"The "pro-life, pro-family" ballot was for Huckabee, Rudy, and Fred. They combined them because they didn't fill up a delegate slate."

yaz
01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
great news!

DDMX
01-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Wow, this is great

Thomas Paine
Omfg!

hueylong
Fingers crossed that is indeed the case. Awfully anecdotal so far.

please o please o please o please o please

wgadget
Thanks for your awesome hard work, Louisiana!

What a great day this has turned out to be!

fuzzybekool
Gold !

rfbz
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
awesome, when does official news come out about this?

Ranger29860
01-22-2008, 11:09 PM
IF its true that is awsome of course it wont get reported on if thats the case also what do you mean about the primary im not familer with LA

Ibgamer
01-22-2008, 11:10 PM
We will find out tomorrow?

akijikan
01-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Sweet!

hueylong
01-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Please chill people... We don't know for sure. This is totally anecdotal...

It's clear we did well. Probably very well. But gold? We just don't know right now.

Marc3579
Tomorrow or do we wait until the state convention? I thought I remembered reading that they wait until the state convention to decide who wins?

Ron LOL
The candidate who wants to abolish FEMA wins in LA.

I love it.

xflashjr
01-22-2008, 11:13 PM
hahah I love ron Paul and I love my state we so kicked ass.

When I went to go caucus today I was wearing a bright red I support ron paul t-shirt and as soon as I walk in the door a man comes up to me and asked me if I was here to support McCain. I laughed at his face and said why do I want to be in Iraq for 100 years and pointed at my shirt and walked away!

Ranger29860
01-22-2008, 11:14 PM
(cn,fox..etc) in other news 2nd tier gop canidate ron paul is exspected to drop out soon after winning LA caucus

Lyn
01-22-2008, 11:15 PM
(cn,fox..etc) in other news 2nd tier gop canidate ron paul is exspected to drop out soon after winning LA caucus

...and run as a third party candidate.

Opulen
01-22-2008, 11:16 PM

When I went to go caucus today I was wearing a bright red I support ron paul t-shirt and as soon as I walk in the door a man comes up to me and asked me if I was here to support McCain. I laughed at his face and said why do I want to be in Iraq for 100 years and pointed at my shirt and walked away!

we should have a banner or shirt. NO TO 100 yrs in IRAQ. people will start to wonder.. who want us to be there for that long? answer. McCAIN :D

Coola
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Please chill people... We don't know for sure. This is totally anecdotal...

It's clear we did well. Probably very well. But gold? We just don't know right now.

QFT... calm.. and relax.. breathe.. :p

Xonox
01-22-2008, 11:18 PM

Or they'll just pretend Ron Paul dosen't exist again. "Romney Wins! with zero delegates, closely followed by McCain."

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Ok, it looks like the caucus was today to select delegates, most of our guys got in... but I don't think this is the Primary. This means we have our guys in the door. Now all we need to do is win 5 states so they can vote for Paul!

Airborn
01-22-2008, 11:21 PM
To get the idea about how we did in the caucus read what huck's army people who went are saying :) http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7526&start=15

ronpauleddy
01-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Are there ways to prove the counts...were there people watching!!

All we need is to have some funny business overnight!!! and we are back to oblivion!!

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:24 PM
To get the idea about how we did in the caucus read what huck's army people who went are saying :) http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7526&start=15

"It is true, the Paulites were out in full force. They swarmed my wife and I before we could even walk in the building. They held out a voting sheet of the delegates who support Paul for me to take, and I just stopped to let them read my jacket which has "MIKE HUCKABEE" in huge letters with a picture of Mike and a list of his issues... yeah, they gave up on my vote at that point.

None of the delegates in District five had commited to Mike Huckabee. This shocked me at first, but I found out that this is because the delegates who personally support Mike want to be able to switch their support if Mike doesn't make it far enough in the race. Many of the delegates had an issue that they were running on... for instance, many would say, "I am pro-life and pro-family." One of the delegates that was listed as uncommitted was my college history professor, and I can tell you that he is an avid Mike supporter. I talked to him for a few minutes and he introduced me to several other delegates who told me that they will support Mike if he makes it far enough in the race. My professor said that he will cast his delegate vote for the most conservative candidate who is still in the race... he said that his delegate vote will definitely be for Mike Huckabee if he has the chance, and definitely not for Mitt Romney under any circumstances!

Louisiana will have its primary on Feb 9, and then I will be able to cast a vote specifically for Mike Huckabee. I have no doubt that Mike will win the LA primary; I am just not sure he will get 51%."

hueylong
01-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Please stop the conspiracy stuff. This is as clean a count as we're ever going to get.

In the Sixth District -- they have Ron Paul volunteers counting the votes. So please chill.

Ranger29860
01-22-2008, 11:27 PM

i teared up at that point :D

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Please stop the conspiracy stuff. This is as clean a count as we're ever going to get.

In the Sixth District -- they have Ron Paul volunteers counting the votes. So please chill.

What are you talking about?! We are all happy and estatic! What conspiracy stuff? go away... your killing the buzz

hueylong
01-22-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm talking about the ronpauleddy post 5 up. I'm not killing the buzz.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Voting integrity is always a legitimate issue. You only have to read Caro's biography on Lyndon Johnson to see how brazenly elections can be stolen by an unscrupulous politician.

Cindy
01-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks for all of your hard work in LA everyone who obviously had their game on today and have been prepping for this day for a long time.

You gave us a lot to smile about and be hopeful for as well as inspiration for what can be done.

Bilgefisher
01-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm talking about the ronpauleddy post 5 up. I'm not killing the buzz.

No worries Huey. Many of us following the Louisiana forum are very appreciative of your hard work and the apparent brilliance of the Louisiana supporters.

hueylong
01-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I gotta say, it's pretty exciting. Lots of hope here.

hellsingfan
01-22-2008, 11:34 PM
LA primary is also on Feb 9. Here is a link check out every state and stuff. So LA held a caucus now, but it will also have a primary on Feb 9. Kinda messed, hopefully people will show up to the primary as well so no candidate will end up with 50%+, otherwise we're fked, unless RP does ofcourse in which case we have guaranteed ALL of the delegates from LA. Hahaa, I truly hope we get more than 50% in the primary, and we are rock solid set:

Here's the link check to see the dates and stuff, but make sure yourself about the dates, this is wiki afterall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)_presidential_prim aries,_2008#_note-14

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:37 PM
LA primary is also on Feb 9. Here is a link check out every state and stuff. So LA held a caucus now, but it will also have a primary on Feb 9. Kinda messed, hopefully people will show up to the primary as well so no candidate will end up with 50%+, otherwise we're fked, unless RP does ofcourse in which case we have guaranteed ALL of the delegates from LA. Hahaa, I truly hope we get more than 50% in the primary, and we are rock solid set:

Here's the link check to see the dates and stuff, but make sure yourself about the dates, this is wiki afterall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)_presidential_prim aries,_2008#_note-14

If we get just 15% we got them all!

hellsingfan
01-22-2008, 11:39 PM
If we get just 15% we got them all!

How'd you get that number?

Ronin
01-22-2008, 11:39 PM
[COLOR="Navy"]

Edit:

Ok, it looks like the caucus was today to select delegates, most of our guys got in... but I don't think this is the Primary. This means we have our guys in the door. Now all we need to do is win 5 states so they can vote for Paul!

I thought we just needed 1 state. :confused: We've got our work cut out for us guys.

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
How'd you get that number?

Because 15% of paul is enough to break up the rest of them with less than 50%

It is extreamly unlikely for someone to get 50% if we get 15

hueylong
01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Actually, our vote take at the primary doesn't impact these delegates at all as long as no one gets 50%.

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I thought we just needed 1 state. :confused: We've got our work cut out for us guys.

5 golds for a canidate at a broker convention...

Spideynw
01-22-2008, 11:42 PM
This is how we are going to win it! You guys in LA did awesome!!!! Good JOB!!!!!!

akijikan
01-22-2008, 11:45 PM
The LA Primary/Caucus for those who don't understand. (sourced from http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/LA-R.phtml)

Today's caucuses voted on delegates to a state convention. We'll come back to that in a second.

If a candidate gets a MAJORITY (50% + 1) of the primary votes, 20 pledged (legally bound) will be assigned to him. If no one gets a majority then those 20 are selected by the state convention. However they are not pledged, but I would consider that to be an issue for RP delegates.

There are another 24 delegates that are selected by the state convention no matter what the outcome is in the primary. They are also not pledged.

Of course the three top GOP state officers are 3 unpledged delegates always.

So if we took the caucuses as the OP is suggesting, we could get 44 delegates if a candidate doesn't get a majority on the primary. If a candidate does get a majority on the primary we could still get 24.

gregl26
01-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Here comes the caps! GOOD JOB LA MEETUP GROUPS!!! WOW YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB!! I hope you realize you have all of our thanks and appreciation. Go get yourselves a beer, lol.

torchbearer
01-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Here comes the caps! GOOD JOB LA MEETUP GROUPS!!! WOW YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB!! I hope you realize you have all of our thanks and appreciation. Go get yourselves a beer, lol.

I expect every other state, from this point on to follow suit. If you need our help, please feel free to ask. :)

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:50 PM
I expect every other state, from this point on to follow suit. If you need our help, please feel free to ask. :)

I think we've got our shit down pretty good here in arkansas, but im sure I can learn more. What you got?

We too are flooding our delegate proccess.

grizzums
01-22-2008, 11:50 PM

Awesome Job torchbearer...to you and all your LA compatriots!

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 11:52 PM

You folks in Louisiana may have just handed this Revolution the equivalent of Washington's victory at Trenton! Great job!!!

torchbearer
01-22-2008, 11:53 PM
I think we've got our shit down pretty good here in arkansas, but im sure I can learn more. What you got?

We too are flooding our delegate proccess.

Anyone interested in enlisting louisiana's help, sign up with meet-up group 1210.
It's our centralized meet-up group for all the local groups. That is the place to enlist our team members and ask questions.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1210/

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:55 PM
You folks in Louisiana may have just handed this Revolution the equivalent of Washington's victory at Trenton! Great job!!!

lol, Nice!

kill the banks
01-23-2008, 12:02 AM
fox news alert :

louisianna terrorist state ... bush to hold press conference on 1st strike military action ... mccain says we may have to occupy louisianna for 100 years to return democracy ... more later ~

kill the banks please

Ranger29860
01-23-2008, 12:03 AM
fox news alert :

louisianna terrorist state ... bush to hold press conference on 1st strike military action ... mccain says we may have to occupy louisianna for 100 years to return democracy ... more later ~

kill the banks please

we already took there weapons this should be a cakewalk :cool:

rmholla
01-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Congrats to all of the Ron Paul supporters in LA, you have done an amazing job. I really hope Ron Paul gets the 51% in the primaries so you will all have the privilege of delivering him all of the delegates. Two thumbs up.

-

torchbearer
01-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Does this mean you guys won't return us to the french now?

BillyFromPhilly
01-23-2008, 12:08 AM

:D:D:D

Trigonx
01-23-2008, 12:09 AM

you guys have finally been accepted as part of the Real USA.

hahaha j/k, you guys are awesome and all your hard work is appreciated greatly.

TexMac
Does this mean you guys won't return us to the french now?We have to get the official results before that is decided.:D

ckhagen
I'm so proud of ya'll!

I'm a SELA native (all my family still lives there, in FEMA trailers...) and I've got the biggest smile on my face right now :D

I sure wish we had a similar process here in FL, we're so committed we could take it. This winner take all primary, with delegates chosen by REC chairs is killin' us :(

mesler
01-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Guys, the numbers aren't in yet. Don't claim victory until we see numbers.

Liberty Star
Awesome.

Great job Louisiana!

Ranger29860
Guys, the numbers aren't in yet. Don't claim victory until we see numbers.

Why every major news organization does it why not us ...j/k :D

syborius
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
if this is true the establishment is in DEEP DOO-DOO...They managed to obfuscate with smoke and mirrors early, let's see what happens as the message keeps on growing. The tide will turn HARD towards Ron Paul....

It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere- Voltaire

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM

The Ron Paul grassroots in Louisiana should have one hell of a Mardi Gras celebration!

Flirple
01-23-2008, 12:14 AM
The numbers are not in yet.

Jobarra
01-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Why every major news organization does it why not us ...j/k :D
And with 0% of the vote in, Revolution News Network declares Ron Paul the winner! :D

wfd40
01-23-2008, 12:19 AM
24 of the delegates are decidedly for Paul if he wins tonight. On the primary on Febuary 9th, if someone recieves a MAJORITY of the vote, then that person wil lrecieve the other 20 delegates. If no one recieves a MAJORITY, Paul gets them.

:)

hueylong
01-23-2008, 12:20 AM
The previous post is completely untrue.

Paul4Prez
01-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Just remember the real rules when Fox News and the AP try to say that Romney or McCain "win Louisiana" and its 47 delegates when they get 33% of the popular vote in the February 9th primary.... None of those delegates will be bound to anyone, and they will be OUR delegates. (At least, a good number of them will be.)

Way to go, Louisiana!

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 12:27 AM
They are not ours if no one gets majority, the delegates will just be up for grabs...

abc123
01-23-2008, 12:28 AM
The results are not in yet. Thanks.

mustard gas and roses
01-23-2008, 12:31 AM
really, people, do not go crazy on this till we have official results.PLEASE.

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 12:33 AM
really, people, do not go crazy on this till we have official results.PLEASE.

No one is going crazy, we just have personal reports from how it went... and even the huck army people say we had it.

torchbearer
01-23-2008, 12:36 AM
http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=2649
some results.

DirtMcGirt
01-23-2008, 12:40 AM
i love cajuns!!!

Karsten
01-23-2008, 12:42 AM
So the free state project should be moved to Louisiana now?

JeffSchulman
01-23-2008, 12:46 AM
If we were to all move to LA, Allowing the invisible hand to move freely will show it's power to the rest of the nation.:D

JimInNY
01-23-2008, 12:50 AM

I think I know where I'm moving to. :)

Starks
01-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I think I know where I'm moving to. :)

Stay away from New Orleans. Global warming will produce sick ass hurricanes.

virginiakid
01-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Looks like we got the ful slate in District 7 as well. Sorry if this is a repost.

-----------------------------------

From: http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7526

NYC4Huckabee wrote:
I'm also hearing that the other candidates didn't have enough delegates so what they did was Rudy's guys along with Fred and Mike's all joined together to form the pro-life group to have a complete slate of delegates to avoid having Ron Paul sweep the districts....

I just got back your right, the Ron people had the whole delegate slate full (15) in district 7 they also had the alt. delegates full, and they auto. won them because no other candidate applyed for them. Anyway i voted the 2 huckabee delegates and threw the rest of my votes away(you get 15). Most of the people there were for RP or Mccain, Mccain also filled up the slate. Thats 21 delegates that will be voted on, and another 20 will be decided Fed. 9 at the primary two things can happen:

If the winner of the primary wins by 50% or over, the 20 will go to him.
or
If a candidate doesn't take it with 50%, the 21 delegates from the caucus will vote for another 20 delegates.

Louisiana caucus is confusing so I think i understand it right, no other state runs like this. It was my first time in a caucus, Huckabee needs to win LA by at least 50%!! Then we can take the other delegates.

Oh, and that link someone posted with the live results, thats for the primary feb. 9th.

parke
01-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Shot in the arm????

Holy sh*t. If thats true.. our next money bomb should be a doosie. This is going to rally every supporter that fell off due to the racist crap.

Chugga chugga... keep on keepin on!

N13
01-23-2008, 01:02 AM
i love cajuns!!!

You can do it!

pacelli
01-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Or they'll just pretend Ron Paul dosen't exist again. "Romney Wins! with zero delegates, closely followed by McCain."

LOL !!!!!!! So true!

hueylong
01-23-2008, 01:06 AM
The Huckabee post is only saying that Huckabee didn't have a full slate of delegates. This does not mean we won 15 of 15 at that caucus site.

Jumping the gun again.

virginiakid
01-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Good point, however, it is still nice to see the grassroots effort being strong. Hopefully, he did win, but we'll see. We shouldn't give our hopes up, but just hope that it will be a win for Ron Paul. It will be interesting to hear the news tomorrow from LA. I hope it is possitive for RP. Could you imagine...RP wins LA, gets second in Nevada, continues to rise regardless of media blackout! A total grassroots effort, a total victory, even if he doesn't win LA. Truly amazing.

hueylong
01-23-2008, 01:20 AM
The problem is everybody is going to be excited thinking we won and then tomorrow, if that's not the case -- they'll all be yelling "conspiracy"!!!

That is a problem.

pacelli
01-23-2008, 01:21 AM

Thank you. You have been highly consistent in your posts about delegates as long as I've been cruising the forums, and you certainly did your part. Every state had better use your model.

jesse27
01-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Good thing Dr. Pauls supporters have brains, and had this thing figured out!!This was Genius

dt_
01-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Nomination Question

so apparently a candidate has to have won at least 5 states to be considered for the GOP nomination, right?

does that mean.. in the caucus? in the primary? or in most number of delegates? cuz let's say RP "wins" the caucus (gets the most delegates) but doesn't place first in the "primary" ... assuming that no one gets above 50% individually however, would that first place winner in the primary be the one declared "winner 1 of 5" or would RP gain toward that "state requirement" ... or both?

thanks in advance :)

TaiwanGuy
01-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Nomination Question

so apparently a candidate has to have won at least 5 states to be considered for the GOP nomination, right?

does that mean.. in the caucus? in the primary? or in most number of delegates? cuz let's say RP "wins" the caucus (gets the most delegates) but doesn't place first in the "primary" ... assuming that no one gets above 50% individually however, would that first place winner in the primary be the one declared "winner 1 of 5" or would RP gain toward that "state requirement" ... or both?

pretty sure that the winning requirement states that you win a state if you take the most delegates. that means (assuming that the hype is accurate), this counts as one of our five wins.

lets get four more (at least)!

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Nomination Question

The 5 state issue deals only with a borkered convention...

RonPaulVolunteer
01-23-2008, 01:44 AM
I hope the fund raising increases dramatically if we win this state. He NEEDS our 4 cents...

hueylong
01-23-2008, 01:50 AM
The 5 state issue DOES NOT have to do with a brokered convention. You must win 5 states (territories ok) to have your name placed in nomination for President at the Republican National Convention.

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 02:02 AM
The 5 state issue DOES NOT have to do with a brokered convention. You must win 5 states (territories ok) to have your name placed in nomination for President at the Republican National Convention.

Yeah, and you can't be put on the ballot in a brokered convention if you dont have those 5 states... No one is putting much faith in RP winning the first vote.

akijikan
01-23-2008, 02:04 AM

hueylong
01-23-2008, 02:04 AM
Exactly, Landon. Brokered convention or no -- you have to have those 5 to be nominated for President at the convention...

IF, and I say IF we won Louisiana tonight the way we think we may have ... We could pick up a few more caucus states along the way...

JustAnAmerican
01-23-2008, 02:12 AM
... then why don't we hit Guam, Virgin Islands, etc. hard? Seems to me (though this is just my gut feeling) that campaigning there would be particularly effective.

I can see it now... a brokered convention featuring Romney, McCain, and... Ron Paul?! There we are, in all our sign-waving, liberty-loving glory...

Powerful people will lose their jobs if this happens. Let's do this, people!

ninepointfive
01-23-2008, 02:23 AM
... then why don't we hit Guam, Virgin Islands, etc. hard? Seems to me (though this is just my gut feeling) that campaigning there would be particularly effective.

I can see it now... a brokered convention featuring Romney, McCain, and... Ron Paul?! There we are, in all our sign-waving, liberty-loving glory...

going after those territories is a most excellent strategy! by all means we need at least 5? I just learned this! Lets start with LA, and move onward!

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 02:33 AM

Whoah, never thought of that... do we have any meetups there?

JustAnAmerican
01-23-2008, 02:40 AM
As far as I can tell from a quick Google, we do not have any meetups there (correct me if I'm wrong).

However, a quick Google search also showed that there are about 173,000 people in Guam and 108,000 people in the Virgin Islands. A candidate visiting somewhere always brings a significant number of votes with him, so we wouldn't need many at all to carry these places. Therefore, I'd strongly recommend Dr. Paul do a US Territories tour... I have a feeling we'd be pleasantly surprised at the results.

However, if he doesn't do this, we should be willing to step up. Does anyone have family or friends in these US territories? Perhaps we could do a letter-writing campaign to them. This board must have some more innovative ideas up our collective sleeve... :)

If we could get 4 territories plus Louisiana... we're already in, RIGHT THERE!

hueylong
01-23-2008, 02:43 AM
If we can't get 5 states -- it won't matter if we are able to get our name placed in nomination at the convention...

JustAnAmerican
01-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Okay. But from what I'm hearing, these territories count as states. Can we get confirmation? If so, this could be big.

JohnnyWrath
01-23-2008, 02:49 AM
commonwealths can't vote...they can join the military, and they get social security, but they can't vote or matter in elections. huh? Maybe I need to read back to see what you guys are talking about. Those places like Puerto Rico have their own constitutions etc...

hueylong
01-23-2008, 02:51 AM
Yes, they do. But my point is that it won't make any difference if we can't lock up even 5 states. That would mean we don't have any decisive number of delegates. We're not even worth making a deal with at that point.

pacelli
01-23-2008, 02:53 AM
Yes, they do. But my point is that it won't make any difference if we can't lock up even 5 states. That would mean we don't have any decisive number of delegates. We're not even worth making a deal with at that point.

Please pardon my ignorance here, but how many delegates is considered a "decisive number"?

BreakYourChains
01-23-2008, 02:54 AM
To get the idea about how we did in the caucus read what huck's army people who went are saying :) ht tp://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7526&start=15

I really think we should break the links which lead back to other candidates forums and other places where we don't want people to see we arrive at their website from our site. There is no since stirring up trouble, since the webmasters can see exactly where we come from when we click on this link through their stats program. It is easier to just break the link, and have people open a new browser window. No since drawing attention back to this forum, as they can then see exactly what we are saying and thinking and planning. Just my honest opinion.

hueylong
01-23-2008, 02:55 AM
1,259 wins the nomination. we need to have at least, say -- 300 to be a factor. and even then -- the other 3 would likely just cut deals with each other, rather than deal with us.

JohnnyWrath
01-23-2008, 02:56 AM
huh, wtf do you know....never knew this...learn something new every day

Guam elects one non-voting delegate, currently Madeleine Z. Bordallo, to the United States House of Representatives. Citizens in Guam vote in a straw poll for their choice in the U.S. Presidential general election, but since Guam has no votes in the Electoral College, the poll has no real effect. However, in sending delegates to the Republican and Democratic national conventions, Guam does have influence in the national presidential race, although these convention delegates are elected by local party conventions rather than voters in primaries.

These would be establishment votes anyway instead of votes of the people....we lose these.

pacelli
01-23-2008, 02:57 AM
1,259 wins the nomination. we need to have at least, say -- 300 to be a factor. and even then -- the other 3 would likely just cut deals with each other, rather than deal with us.

thanks Huey!

JustAnAmerican
01-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Well, according to ronpaul2008.com, the territories have 9 national delegates each, except Puerto Rico, which has something like 23.

And also, if you're saying a commonwealth can't vote... well, Kentucky is a commonwealth, if I'm not mistaken.

JustAnAmerican
01-23-2008, 03:04 AM
OK, so they elect their delegates in a local party convention... is it possible to get our people into these?

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 03:51 AM
It is something we all need to look into...

Joseph Story
01-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Huey,

They'll make those back room deals during the summer before the convention. We really need to have more than 300 to make a difference. And if we don't, someone needs to have waiting in the wings a final and most important money bomb.

Why? If Bloomberg gets in the race, then the Republican party is essentially finished but Paul isn't.

drexhex
01-23-2008, 07:32 AM
And also, if you're saying a commonwealth can't vote... well, Kentucky is a commonwealth, if I'm not mistaken.

A commonwealth can vote.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pennsylvania&btnG=Search

First result: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania ( www.state.pa.us/ )

We vote =)