PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul wins straw poll in Benton County, Arkansas!

TVMH
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Out of 142 votes (WELL over the normal attendance), Dr. Paul received 52 votes...full results follow:

Paul 52
Romney 35
Huckabee 30
McCain 20
Giuliani 4
Thompson 1

We are doing it folks!!! Get involved at the local level!!!

Cheers!

freestyl24
01-22-2008, 10:59 PM
<>

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Whooo! Go Arkansas! I'm telling you guys, I am going to take Arkansas for Ron Paul if it kills me! I just got done holding 4 meetings in the state and this Thursday we will have a 100 person meetup, and Friday will have 200 person meetup. And all of my people are activists! Our party chairman is also a RP supporter!

electronicmaji
01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
I Was gonna go but I'm from Washington county...and the streets were COMPLETELY iced over up north.

So that might of worked to RP supporters benefit....

hueylong
01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
BUMP THIS! In Huckabee land!

ClayTrainor
01-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Ron paul wins almost every straw poll.

If only we could convert these results into actual votes

hueylong
01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Bump this again... Cumulative effect.

Solas
01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Woohoo! Another victory to add to all of the other great news today.

billyjoeallen
01-22-2008, 11:09 PM
sweet.

Spideynw
01-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Straw polls are meaningless.

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 11:31 PM
I Was gonna go but I'm from Washington county...and the streets were COMPLETELY iced over up north.

So that might of worked to RP supporters benefit....

Oh, so do you know Patricia? I'm the Corey guy she is always talking about.

nodope0695
01-22-2008, 11:38 PM

Please don't take offense, but I strongly suspect you to be a troll. Sheesh, you love planting negative seeds throughout this forum. I looked at your posts, and jeez, have you got anything possitive to say, at all???

electronicmaji
01-23-2008, 12:05 AM

no I don't know any of you....althought I might go to the meetup this thursday.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
01-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Ron Paul Wins Arkansas Straw Poll Despite being in Huckabee’s Home State

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Northwest Arkansas is considered a stronghold for the Republican Party in an otherwise heavily Democratic state. On Tuesday, the first straw poll for this campaign was held in Bentonville with a turnout of 142 registered voters to cast votes for their Presidential candidate of choice.

Although most people would think Mike Huckabee would be the clear winner in his home state, this was not the case. In a strong showing of support, Congressman Ron Paul took home the victory with a 37% piece of the pie.

The Benton County Republican Straw Poll was truly a packed house. Ron Paul’s regional director Mark Moore was in attendance and gave a short speech to the crowd of young and old alike.

Not only did Arkansas’s former Governor Mike Huckabee not take first place, he didn’t even finish second, losing to Mitt Romney who garnered 24% to Huckabee’s 21%.

John McCain came in with 14%. Rudy Guiliani only got 2.8%. Fred Thompson received one vote, even though he had officially dropped out earlier in the day.

For months now, signs of support for Congressman Paul have been popping up across Northwest Arkansas ranging from tail-gating events to sign-waving parties, which can be attributed to the passionate Ron Paul MeetUp groups throughout the local area.

The Ron Paul Revolution is sweeping the nation one county at a time. The Benton County and the Siloam Springs MeetUps for Ron Paul both have members running for various offices in the up-coming local elections. Keep up the great work Arkansas!

- Mr. E

www.pimpinturtle.com

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
01-23-2008, 12:07 AM

I know patricia very well....

banjojambo9
01-23-2008, 12:07 AM
go

TVMH
01-23-2008, 12:18 AM

au contraire, mon frer.

Tonight's Republican committee meeting was anything BUT meaningless.

Ron Paul supporters made their presence known tonight...and we were all very respectful and well-behaved, in my opinion; there was a bit of hoopin' and hollerin' after he was announced as the winner, but that was just joyful outbursts).

It's happening folks...right before our very eyes.

And it's AWESOME!