PDA

View Full Version : What a nice day for Ron Paul (and the USA)!

DrCap
01-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Seems we have much to be happy about today and no one is pointing this out:

1). Fred has withered away, so no one will talk about the constitution now except RP, and hopefully RP will get more time in debates. (And hopefully lots more votes).

2). He got two very nice endorsements today from public figures: Former New Mexico Governer Gary Johnson and 'Jane Roe.'

3). It sounds like Louisiana grassroots have ROCKED for Ron Paul! (Thank you LA)
Delegates are the key.

4). The world and the US just got a major wake up call about Austrian economics. A few weeks ago Ron Paul mentioned that 'we are in a recession' when no one else was saying anything, now everyone is talking recession. The Fed probably just played into our hands big time - instead of letting the markets around the world accept reality, the Fed did a major 'emergency' rate cut when nothing bad in the world had really happened. (The last time the fed did this was after 9/11). Right now it appears the Fed saved the ship from crashing, Ron Paul will keep going on about sound economic policy and the Fed's poor moves. Very soon the 'patch' the Fed into place will no longer work - the market will fall and the dollar will fall and the Fed will be out of bullets. (Bernacke will not be reappointed for sure after this fiasco).
Ron Paul's 'economics in one lesson' is not yet over. People (hopefully) will be smart enough to look at what Ron Paul is saying. No other candidate has any clue about what is happening in the world of economics and cannot expalin the recent events, nor predict the future events.

(By the way, you have a chance to rebalance your portfolio if you haven't already. In the words of Mrs. Incredible 'BRACE YOURSELVES')

I think any day that another candidate drops out, Ron Paul picks up all the available delegates that day, gets new endorsements and teaches the world about economics is really an awesome day!

Congrats to all of you for the hard work thus far.

life_boy
01-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Not to mention Huckabee's "free press" may be faltering a little and his campaign staff was given the Rudy.

DrCap
01-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Not to mention Huckabee's "free press" may be faltering a little and his campaign staff was given the Rudy.

Yes I forgot, I was oh so happy to read that today too!

AlbemarleNC0003
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM

I haven't seen him on CNN all day. Haven't been paying attention, but that voice is usually unmistakable.

ClayTrainor
01-22-2008, 10:50 PM

yup...

It's really starting to look like Mccain vs Romney vs Paul.

Of course the media still paints it as Mccain vs Romney vs Huckabee vs grey slice on pie chairt.

If giuliani wins florida, he might gain some steam for future states, but i think it's unlikely he'll win there.

Lots of people should be waking up to Dr. Pauls Message soon!

rprprs
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
yup...

It's really starting to look like Mccain vs Romney vs Paul.

Of course the media still paints it as Mccain vs Romney vs Huckabee vs grey slice on pie chairt.

"Grey slice on pie chart" LOL Too funny! :D

Xyrus2
01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
I can see the news now:

"And in an amazing upset, the gray slice on the pie chart has pulled in 51% in the Louisiana Primary! The gray slice, a virtual unknown, has now not only placed second in Nevada, but first in Louisiana."

"The gray slice could not be reached for comment. In other news, Romney gets a slick new haircut that makes him look even more presidential...."

~X~

Ranger29860
01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
"Grey slice on pie chart" LOL Too funny! :D

and the winner is other ... and in other news romney beats mcain lets go to his speach right now ...

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Plus, Huckabee is running out of money. He may have raised some cash today but I came across some MSM article (via Drudge, I think) that some of his staffers are starting to quit now for lack of pay.

Ninja Homer
It has been an awesome day, but you missed one endorsement, as well as the 1.85 million raised. I'll just paste the official email from today:

"January 22, 2008

Yesterday, you raised over $1.85 million for Ron Paul. Congratulations, and thank you so much!

It's been a great few days to be a supporter of Ron Paul, and not only because of the successful fundraising day or our great second-place showing in Nevada.

On the endorsement front, Ron Paul has won the support of three significant public figures in the last two days.

Yesterday, former New Mexico Governor Gary "Veto" Johnson announced that he is supporting Dr. Paul for president. Governor Johnson is an icon to small-government conservatives and libertarians for his long-standing commitment to the principles of the Founders. You can read our press release here.

This morning, Ron Paul also received the glowing endorsement of Donald L. Luskin, a prominent financial commentator on CNBC and Chief Investment Officer for Trend Macrolytics LLC. You can read Don's editorial in National Review about why Ron Paul is right for America here.

Finally, Dr. Paul hosted a press conference this morning with well-known pro-life activist Norma McCorvey, better known as 'Jane Roe' from the infamous Supreme Court decision, Roe v. Wade.

Much more good news about the campaign is coming soon, and all of it is made possible by your support. Here are some ways that you can immediately help to keep building our momentum:

1. Become a Precinct Leader: We really need to fill spots for precinct leaders around the country. Outside of donating, this is the most critical thing you can do to get Dr. Paul elected. Help us by signing up in your area.

2. Spread the Word: We've created a great tool to help you get the word out to your friends about why Ron Paul should be our next president. Check it out here.

3. Donate: Keep in mind that we need financial contributions from our loyal supporters every day - and more so now than ever. Remember, there are an astounding 22 primaries and caucuses coming up on Super Tuesday. If you didn't get a chance to give yesterday, you still can help us compete in all of the upcoming primaries and caucuses by donating today: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Thanks again!

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

P.S. For those of you who haven't heard, Mike Huckabee's campaign is broke. Don't let the same thing happen to Ron Paul. After all, where else would Mike Huckabee get all of his ideas? Contribute today!"

Thomas Paine
I can see the news now:

"And in an amazing upset, the gray slice on the pie chart has pulled in 51% in the Louisiana Primary! The gray slice, a virtual unknown, has now not only placed second in Nevada, but first in Louisiana."

"The gray slice could not be reached for comment. In other news, Romney gets a slick new haircut that makes him look even more presidential...."

~X~

LMFAO!!

AlbemarleNC0003
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Plus, Huckabee is running out of money. He may have raised some cash today but I came across some MSM article (via Drudge, I think) that some of his staffers are starting to quit now for lack of pay.

And his only campaign office in any Super Tuesday states is in Bentonville, Arkansas. So, he's asking his "army" to spread the word and organize the delegates. They're all like, what?

Knightskye
01-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Hopefully Ron'll have an "I told you so" moment at Thursday's NBC debate. :D

Swmorgan77
01-23-2008, 12:06 AM
I can see the news now:

~X~

Innaguration:

"I, grey slice on the pie chart, do solemnly swear that I will...."

zeegrim
01-23-2008, 12:07 AM
P.S. For those of you who haven't heard, Mike Huckabee's campaign is broke. Don't let the same thing happen to Ron Paul. After all, where else would Mike Huckabee get all of his ideas? Contribute today!"

I Love that part. Maybe a sign that Ron Paul will call him out on it on the next debate?

Crickett
01-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes..and we have Romney at 22%, McCain 11% Huckabee 6%, and the grey is some other candidate.

Wolf.."Well, isn't that grey area the majority of the votes?

Hannity.."No. We can't confirm that.."