PDA

View Full Version : A funny/amazing/encouraging thing from the Shreveport Caucus

bgarrett
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
A lady from the Louisiana Repubican Party came by the Ron Paul table and suggested
that we might like to drop off some campaign material at the LAGOP office on East 70th Street.
One of our guys actually worked at the E 70th office in 2002 and volunteered to do it.

Could it be that Ron Paul is being accepted by the Republican party?

Yom
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Nice! :D

Trigonx
01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
well he is the most republican candidate running.

espot
01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Sweet!!

bgarrett
01-22-2008, 10:54 PM
A less encouraging thing happened when Channel 3 set up and filmed the Romney supporters, about 6 of'em, put them on the news but ignored the Ron Paul table which had a crowd all evening.

zadrock
01-22-2008, 10:55 PM
A less encouraging thing happened when Channel 3 set up and filmed the Romney supporters, about 6 of'em, put them on the news but ignored the Ron Paul table which had a crowd all evening.

A news station ignored Ron Paul? I don't believe it... :rolleyes:

Z

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
A lady from the Louisiana Repubican Party came by the Ron Paul table and suggested
that we might like to drop off some campaign material at the LAGOP office on East 70th Street.
One of our guys actually worked at the E 70th office in 2002 and volunteered to do it.

Could it be that Ron Paul is being accepted by the Republican party?

sweeeeet.

agaiziunas
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
It's gonna go in the photocopier to have Hucklebubble's name put on it.

Xonox
01-22-2008, 11:10 PM

"Romney: The New Underdog" :rolleyes:

billyjoeallen
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I believe the GOP establishment is starteing to understand that their boy Romney cannot beat MCain without our help. I have been surfing all day and the press is all over MCain-he raised a million dollars in NYC today.

So now it's 100 years McCain/Lieberman/Huck/MSM vs. Rush/Coulter/Romney and we get to play kingmaker. Doc Paul had nice things to say about Romney's switch to a pro-life position today. I think he made his choice and we should follow his lead.

wfd40
01-22-2008, 11:19 PM
I believe the GOP establishment is starteing to understand that their boy Romney cannot beat MCain without our help. I have been surfing all day and the press is all over MCain-he raised a million dollars in NYC today.

So now it's 100 years McCain/Lieberman/Huck/MSM vs. Rush/Coulter/Romney and we get to play kingmaker. Doc Paul had nice things to say about Romney's switch to a pro-life position today. I think he made his choice and we should follow his
lead.

1million in one day from a fund raiser?? Disgusting McCain is... that guy needs to go down.. and he needs to go down now.

He is a serious threat, and not only to our campaign but America as a whole as well. =/

mlingley
01-22-2008, 11:19 PM

So now it's 100 years McCain/Lieberman/Huck/MSM vs. Rush/Coulter/Romney and we get to play kingmaker. Doc Paul had nice things to say about Romney's switch to a pro-life position today. I think he made his choice and we should follow his lead.
Are you suggesting we support Romney?!
No thanks, I'll stick with Ron Paul.

clouds
01-22-2008, 11:21 PM
That has to be a troll. Ron Paul has consistently called Romney a flip-flopper.

JustBcuz
01-22-2008, 11:22 PM

Fred was my old '2nd choice'

Mitt is my new '2nd choice'

Doesn't mean I'll actually vote for the guy. More like past elections where I'd be rooting for one candidate over the other as I watched election returns; after voting Libertarian of course :) . I'm very undecided about what I'd do in a General Election situation that doesn't include Dr. Paul.

We have A LOT of political power, IF we concentrate it. Please keep that in mind before planning out any contingencies for a General Election w/out RP.

nate895
01-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Fred was my old '2nd choice'

Mitt is my new '2nd choice'

Doesn't mean I'll actually vote for the guy. More like past elections where I'd be rooting for one candidate over the other as I watched election returns; after voting Libertarian of course :) . I'm very undecided about what I'd do in a General Election situation that doesn't include Dr. Paul.

We have A LOT of political power, IF we concentrate it. Please keep that in mind before planning out any contingencies for a General Election w/out RP.

We will either be the dedicated followers of the second best or best President ever, or the next Ross Perot voting bloc. Either way, we need to stick around to the end.

JustBcuz
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
We will either be the dedicated followers of the second best or best President ever, or the next Ross Perot voting bloc. Either way, we need to stick around to the end.

Stick around & stick TOGETHER. :) :) :)

Trigonx
01-22-2008, 11:36 PM

NO TY!!!!!

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 11:42 PM
We really need to start hammering McCain on the following issues:

1) His amnesty plan for illegal aliens which McCain hates discussing;

2) His support for McCain-Feingold, which undermines the First Amendment; and

3) His role in forming the Senate Gang of 14, which hinders the appointment of strict constitutionalist judges to the federal judiciary.

BillyFromPhilly
01-22-2008, 11:43 PM

3) His role in forming the Senate Gang of 14, which hinders the appointment of strict constitutionalist judges to the federal judiciary.

...and let's not forget the peddling of influence for campaign contributions as a member of the Keating 5!

John P Slevin
01-23-2008, 02:20 AM

What is this? Ron Paul has made it clear that he cannot support any of the announced R candidates, and that certainly includes the mutt romney.

Rahl
01-23-2008, 02:31 AM

I can't understand why the POW issue regarding Mc Cain doesn't go viral.
He and Kerry apparently blocked investigations in i think '92.

stevedasbach
01-23-2008, 05:38 AM

People simply don't believe it. I saw the guy behind it being interviewed and he was utterly unconvincing. Vague, unspecific answers to reasonable questions.

Rahl
01-23-2008, 05:50 AM
People don't believe former congressmen and former soldiers ?
Don't know who the "guy behind it" is in person.

But to me the youtube links of the documentary looked rather powerful

tcindie
01-23-2008, 06:12 AM
I'm very undecided about what I'd do in a General Election situation that doesn't include Dr. Paul.

If that happens I plan to either abstain from voting, or do a write in vote.

tcindie
01-23-2008, 06:14 AM

It's hard for something to go viral when you don't provide a link..

stevedasbach
01-23-2008, 06:57 AM
People don't believe former congressmen and former soldiers ?
Don't know who the "guy behind it" is in person.

But to me the youtube links of the documentary looked rather powerful

I should have been clearer. The "guy behind it" I was referring to was the one who sent out the mailings and flyers about this in South Carolina.

I haven't seen the documentary so I can't comment on it.