PDA

View Full Version : We're Everywhere! My day with random Ron Paul supporters.

haaaylee
01-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Maybe it's 'cos i'm from Austin but i had the best Ron Paul day today.

I started off going to the post office to pick up some Ron Paul posters. (the post office happens to be across from our new office, which has a bunch of yard signs up.)

I ride the bus so i dumped the huge box and carried the posters by hand. As soon as i got on the bus a lady said "Are you campaigning for Ron Paul?" I said yes. She went on to talk about wanting to come to our Boston Tea party rally but she didn't know where it was. We talked about that for a bit. Someone else got on and said "Oh yeah, Ron Paul. Hopefully people will start understanding what pandering is." And gave me suggestions on where to put the signs up at.

Then i got on another bus. I heard "Ron Paul!" yelled from the back. I had the bus driver attempt to buy one off me.

Then i went to school. I had the following experiences there:

- A man said "Here you are a republican for Ron Paul and i'm a libertarian for McCain" My immediate reaction was "How horrible!"

- A Russian girl in the bathroom requested my phone number to call me about going to some meetings we have at a book store here, Brave New Books, she said she wanted to come with me some time and was interested in getting more political. She had a hard time asking if i was being paid to do this or if i was "how do you say, passionate?" It was adorable.

- One of my teachers said "Wait, are you campaigning??" and i showed him the poster and he laughed and went "Yeah, i have a good feeling about you."
At the end of class he teased me by saying to the class "And don't forget to bring your Ron Paul posters to class next time."

- My economics teacher talked to me about the obvious MSM blackout of Ron Paul. And his disgust at no one seeming to want to mention Ron beating Gulliani. He said what they are doing is ridiculous.

I had about 3 people go "Are those Ron Paul posters?" i'd say yes and they would say "Awesome!" or "Fuck yeah!"

Getting on the bus after school i had one girl ask if she could have one, saying she had been wanting one forever.

I had another guy say he was in charge of the Students for Ron Paul student organization at the University of Texas. We talked for awhile about his chances in the Texas primary and how good we felt about it. Etc. He asked if i had any slim jims and i said no, he handed me a huge package of them! So i slim jimmed at school.

Then i had another guy come up to introduce himself to me, i assumed he would be yet another person wanting to talk about Ron Paul. Not only that but he unzipped his jacket and was actually wearing a Ron Paul revolution shirt! He also asked if i had seen freedom to fascism and i said "of course, we should be handing those out to everyone." he went "that's exactly what i do." the meetup group here has been apparently on top of giving out free copies of that, as has that bookstore.

My very last encounter was at the gas station where as i was walking away an old man pointed at the posters and went "I like everything he says."

A stressful day cured multiple times by the Revolution!

corsairtro
01-22-2008, 09:59 PM
ttt

Kotin
01-22-2008, 09:59 PM
very cool.

i have had the same experience in Austin as well!

the Tea Party rally was great..

and so was new years eve.

im from San Marcos so its like a 20 minute drive.

he is getting more popular every day, i just got my principal who was a coldfish thompson supporter LOL

mavtek
01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Damn I wish Dallas was like Austin :(

wgadget
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I love it!

Today while I was driving around Marietta, GA (where i live), I saw TWO vehicles with Ron Paul bumper stickers on them within about 3 miles.

It was a great day, indeed!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-22-2008, 10:08 PM
That is a kick ass story. Very awesome.

ScotTX
01-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Ron Paul will win Travis county, for sure. It's the rest of this big ass state I'm worried about.

AdamT
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Austin has the gift of Alex Jones over their airwaves.

Ginobili
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
The russian part sounds awsome... but then, I just have a natural (I think its natural lol...) obsession with russians.

j/w, you heard of a town name Luling, Haaayleee?

haaaylee
01-22-2008, 10:14 PM
The russian part sounds awsome... but then, I just have a natural (I think its natural lol...) obsession with russians.

j/w, you heard of a town name Luling, Haaayleee?

Can't say i have heard of Luling... Why?

Opulen
01-22-2008, 10:17 PM
We should continue to spread the word about Ron Paul. This will spread like wildfire..

TexFootballMom
01-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Buckees Anyone??? {Luling}

electronicmaji
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
- A Russian girl in the bathroom requested my phone number to call me about going to some meetings we have at a book store here, Brave New Books, she said she wanted to come with me some time and was interested in getting more political. She had a hard time asking if i was being paid to do this or if i was "how do you say, passionate?" It was adorable.

Purrr....

I just got half a roll of liberty coins in my pants...

DealzOnWheelz
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
did you give some posters to the people??

Eric21ND
01-22-2008, 10:20 PM
lets see the posters, awesome story btw! i love these personal stories.

bucfish
01-22-2008, 10:20 PM
I have had good experience too. And to those who say he won't win respond back well then you will not be responsible for voting for someone that screws up OUR country's economy and the world to boot!!!

speciallyblend
01-22-2008, 10:22 PM
sure the russian girl wasnt hitting on you;) dont burst the bubble;)

haaaylee
01-22-2008, 10:24 PM
I gave that one girl a poster. But i wanted to save them to try to make sure they won't just end up on people's bedroom walls. They are actually the posters that someone on here was giving out for free as long as you pay shipping. I forget the person's name now.

speciallyblend
01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
good work haylee

DealzOnWheelz
01-22-2008, 10:26 PM
well it might be worth it to give out to anyone that asks cuz they might attract more people with it

haaaylee
01-22-2008, 10:26 PM
sure the russian girl wasnt hitting on you;) dont burst the bubble;)

her questions at first made me think she was taking some sort of questionnaire on what american college students are up to these days. but when she mentioned brave new books i knew she actually knew who ron paul was. that was awesome to me considering she's not american.

TexasAggie09
01-22-2008, 10:58 PM
That's awesome. Trying to spread the word here in College Station, but with the GB Library here it's a neocon heaven. BTW who ever was asking if anyone has heard of Luling they were in our district and high school and I've been to the Thump a few times.

TexasAggie09
01-22-2008, 11:00 PM
BTW I've got a few friends who go to school at UT and Texas State(saw someone posted from San Marcos). I know one at Texas State is a big RP supporter, but haven't talked to any of the others from UT and TSU. How well liked is the Dr. on campus?

d991
01-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I live in Canada and a few weeks ago I had an electrician (who used to live in Virginia) working on something at my house. I opened my web browser and Ron Paul's website popped up (its my homepage.) The electrician goes "oh, you like Ron Paul?" and I found out his son told him about RP and now they're both huge fans. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to him for very long to see if he was still eligible to vote or if he had told any friends/family back home about RP, but still a good and random Ron Paul story from your neighbours to the north.

xflashjr
01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
How Amazing would this be if we made this into a tv commercial. My god it would be phenominal!

thegr8drronpaul
01-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Awesome story - I had a similar day myself. I had my RP button on so I got into a conversation with the checker and bagger at the grocery store. He says he really likes Paul and would look into him so long as I promised to look into a proposition coming up here in AZ. Then I went to my son's preschool to find his teacher/husband are supporters, and the lady at the front office is a former patient of Dr. Paul's. She said 'Ron knows me a little too well' or something funny like that. Turns out he delivered one of her babies 28 years ago. I gave her a bumper sticker and button.

Great day!

haaaylee
01-23-2008, 12:29 AM
a co-worker of mine has a family member that's child was delivered by ron too.

this could be an interesting commerical, maybe it would help out all those people who keep going "if only he had a chance to win i'd vote for him" a line i just heard about 10 minutes ago...

Hangly Man
01-23-2008, 01:43 AM
That is so cool

pacelli
01-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Haaylee is your school a high school or college?

haaaylee
01-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Haaylee is your school a high school or college?

i attend Austin Community College.