PDA

View Full Version : Fredheads: If You Liked Goldwater, You'll Love Dr. Paul!

bszoka
01-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Many of those who supported Sen. Fred Thompson considered him a true small government conservative in the tradition of Barry Goldwater, whose bold prophesy speaks as loudly today as it did when Conscience of a Conservative came out in 1960:

The turn will come when we entrust the conduct of our affairs to the men who understand that their first duty as public officials is to divest themselves of the power that they have been given. It will come when Americans, in hundreds of communities throughout the nation, decide to put the man in office who is pledged to enforce the Constitution and restore the Republic.

Who will proclaim in a campaign speech: "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel the old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed in their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' 'interests,' I shall reply that I was informed their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can."

Does this sound familiar? That man is Ron Paul. We welcome with open arms all those former Thompson supporters who still know in their hearts that Goldwater was right.

Goldwater Conservative
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Don't forget that Barry Goldwater Jr., himself a Goldwater conservative and a Republican congressman during the 70s, has endorsed Ron Paul. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7r27Az_Mns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPoFXl97wv4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5DfW6oGZZA

Paul Revered
01-24-2008, 08:52 PM
I posted the OP on Myspace.

shooter_tx
01-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Many of those who supported Sen. Fred Thompson considered him a true small government conservative in the tradition of Barry Goldwater, whose bold prophesy speaks as loudly today as it did when Conscience of a Conservative came out in 1960:

The turn will come when we entrust the conduct of our affairs to the men who understand that their first duty as public officials is to divest themselves of the power that they have been given. It will come when Americans, in hundreds of communities throughout the nation, decide to put the man in office who is pledged to enforce the Constitution and restore the Republic.

Who will proclaim in a campaign speech: "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel the old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed in their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' 'interests,' I shall reply that I was informed their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can."

Does this sound familiar? That man is Ron Paul. We welcome with open arms all those former Thompson supporters who still know in their hearts that Goldwater was right.
It is my deeply-held conviction that Goldwater was prophesying the coming of Ron Paul in the quoted excerpt.