PDA

View Full Version : Nick Berg, Michael Savage, Radical Islam, etc.

adwads
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
I was watching a michael savage speech on youtube where he played the horrific audio to the nick berg beheading video...the one where berg screams as his throat is slit. Savage uses this to ratchet up our concern about "islamofascism." Now, I'm in totally agreement that there are radicals in the Middle East who want to kill as many Americans as we can...but yet that doesn't mean that we need to have a reckless, bankrupting foreign policy.

Goldwater Conservative
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uk25Te5YKg&feature=related

The Ursafascists are out to get us! Restrict our civil liberties! Kill all teddy bears!

adwads
01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uk25Te5YKg&feature=related

The Ursafascists are out to get us! Restrict our civil liberties! Kill all teddy bears!

I know that they are playing on our fears in order to get us to consent to restricting our civil liberties. I totally agree on that.

But also, we still must acknowledge that there are killers in the middle east who wouldn't think twice about slitting our throats simply because we are Americans. We still have to acknowledge that brutish reality.

Goldwater Conservative
01-22-2008, 10:15 PM
But also, we still must acknowledge that there are killers in the middle east who wouldn't think twice about slitting our throats simply because we are Americans. We still have to acknowledge that brutish reality.

True, but not only do we have to understand how our bad policies play into that, we have to weigh that threat against all the other threats we inevitably face in the world: murderers, rapists, burglars, drunk drivers, drug dealers, getting struck by lightning, and of course our own government, just for starters. If we pursued a humble foreign policy, secured our borders, and had reliable intelligence-gathering agencies (that respect our rights), the "Islamofascist" threat would be far less than any of those others. Hell, it probably is already.

Although I'm sure as a Ron Paul supporter I'm singing to the choir. :)