PDA

View Full Version : ****Last GOP Debate in CALIFORNIA*** 8 DAYS FROM NOW!!!!

zumajoe
01-22-2008, 09:32 PM
I've been looking for ages on how to get tickets to this debate. Does ANYONE know how you get to go see these debates? I can't find anywhere online on how to get in...and I want to go so I can scream for Ron paul and hold signs outside before/after.

Anyone????

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
i Need Tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zumajoe
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Also for some reason this page is showing that he is not included in the debate....

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/tracker/dates/2008/jan/30/5842/

zumajoe
01-22-2008, 09:44 PM
i will keep bumping this forever. somebody has to know.

ctb619
01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
There were no tickets offered to the general public at the first Reagan Library debate, I suspect this one will be the same.

zumajoe
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
There were no tickets offered to the general public at the first Reagan Library debate, I suspect this one will be the same.

so does that mean the place can be filled with people purposely selected to boo Ron Paul?

dt_
01-22-2008, 09:54 PM
lol, if Giuliani performs poorly in Florida and decides to consider dropping out -- will he still be at the debate?

if not, Ron Paul will finally get some more time to discuss his positions! only three other contenders! :D

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 09:54 PM
so does that mean the place can be filled with people purposely selected to boo Ron Paul?

honestly, I wouldn't doubt it for a second

Computer
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Someone tell me where I can get tickets. I will pay. I will boo my ass off until they taze me.

dt_
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM

I doubt it, this is a CNN debate not a Fox News debate :P

hillertexas
01-22-2008, 10:01 PM
It appears to be closed to the public:
http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jan/13/air-force-one-to-be-backdrop-for-debate/

Air Force One to be backdrop for debate
A retired diplomatic giant will take center stage during the Republican presidential debate Jan. 30 at the Reagan Library.

While it is still unknown which candidates will take a podium, they will stand in front of the plane that carried President Reagan on diplomatic missions to 26 countries.

Air Force One, tail number 27000, the most well-traveled presidential plane in history, will be the backdrop to the four or more candidates who will debate at the end of the month in Simi Valley.

In an engineering feat, the third-floor railing of the Air Force One Pavilion will be knocked down, allowing the floor to be extended to meet the right side of the fuselage. Both the debaters and the audience will be held up by the temporary floor.

One library official said it is the most involved project the Air Force One Pavilion has seen.

"This will top what we did for the first debate," said John Lehne, the building manager for the pavilion, referring to a May 3 GOP face-off. "It's very exciting."

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, CNN, Politico.com and the Los Angeles Times are hosting the Jan. 30 debate before the Feb. 5 Super Tuesday primary in California and 21 other states. The lineup will be decided closer to the debate, based on who is leading in the polls and primaries.

For the May 3 debate, a field of 10 GOP candidates debated in the pavilion. That time, it was held on the second floor, with the audience seated in risers around the belly of the plane.

This time, the action will happen higher up, in what is now just air.

A floor will be constructed, held up by poles built from the first and second floors, extending into the center of the pavilion to the plane and around the right wing. From the nose to the wing, the debaters will face the audience of about 400, which will be positioned between the tail and the wing. The debate is by invitation-only, not open to the public.

It will air live nationally, with Anderson Cooper moderating, from 5 to 7 p.m. on CNN. Politico will stream the debate live at www.politico.com, and people will be able to post questions for the debaters at the Web site. Several news executives from Politico and the Los Angeles Times will assist Cooper at the debate by asking some of the questions posted on the site.

The three media organizations said candidates will be invited if they place in one of the top four spots in an early voting state, and receive at least 5 percent in either a California survey conducted in January by the organizers, or any one of 10 nationally identified media sponsored polls.

Last May, Nancy Reagan extended invitations to the front-runner GOP presidential candidates to return for the last debate before the California primary.

Heading into this weekend, six GOP candidates are in the presidential race: former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and former Tennessee Congressman Fred Thompson.

The line-up will be decided at the last minute, because Florida's primary is the night before, on Jan. 29, said Melissa Giller, spokeswoman for the Reagan Library.

She said there are several unknowns — like how many holding rooms should be prepared for the candidates and what to print on the evening's program — but staff members have experience from the first debate.

"For the May debate, we started from scratch, but for this debate, there's a lot more we understand; it's a lot easier to plan for," Giller said.

Construction of the stage will start Jan. 21 and will be completed by the end of that week, Lehne said. Until then, the library is readying again for its close-up, with the plane getting a scrub-down Monday.

Certain areas of the pavilion will be restricted until the day of the debate, when the whole campus will be closed to visitors. One helicopter blade of Marine One will be removed, located on the first floor, and the three-car presidential motorcade display will also be moved to accommodate the stage.

On a recent morning, a group of contractors and planners was walking the third floor, overlooking blueprints for the stage, which will sit about 13 feet above the second floor of the pavilion.

"As soon as CNN saw the plane, they said wow, that's got to be the background,' " Lehne said.

There are only two Air Force One planes on display in the country; the other, President Kennedy's plane, is at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio.

MattMinnesota
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Also for some reason this page is showing that he is not included in the debate....

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/tracker/dates/2008/jan/30/5842/

Well according to that Huckabee isn't participating either. I don't buy that.

Lord Xar
01-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I want to go too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got tickets?