PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, I'm tired!

jenninlouisiana
01-22-2008, 09:29 PM
There were 2 things that happened that I wish I could change: 1) a very elderly man came and he only voted for 2 people because he didn't understand to vote for 15. 2) a woman came right after they called time. She drove 2 hours to get here and actually went to a wrong location and she started crying because she was crushed she couldn't vote.

I have a hard time estimating how it went. I think we did well; a friend of my said when he went we definitely had the most people getting information. That pro-life, pro-family slate really pissed me off. Like I told Melissa, they were selling themselves as "uncommitted" but then their names were on Romney and McCain ballots. I pointed out to people that discrepancy.

But they had a lot of people too, so while I think we did well... I think they did well too.

I walked the line and tried to sell myself as #1 on the ballot and "if your slot has leftovers, would you vote me in? It's just one spot..." lol... several said they did and I had a few McCain people bump one off for me and I had a few of the "prolife/profamily" people bump one off for me (or so they said...)

CJLauderdale4
01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Go, Jen!!
Go Ron Paul!!

Melissa
01-22-2008, 09:31 PM
yes alot of the people that voted tonight did not know who the pro-life group was but we do now lol

bgarrett
01-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Thank You Jennifer
Where is the best place to find results?
Bruce, Shrevepoot

driller80545
01-22-2008, 09:32 PM
damn good work. Props to all of yall in LA

FluffyUnbound
01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks for all your effort!

Another District 7 delegate posted in Grassroots Central, and he also thinks the prolife, profamily slate may have won.

We've been pretty excited here in the forums waiting for some feedback. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

Ibgamer
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Awesome, how many people did you have there for you that didnt need any converting?

CountryboyRonPaul
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks Jenn

Doriath
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Great job!

hueylong
01-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Do we have anybody who will be able to aggregate what delegates won so we can make a list?

jenninlouisiana
01-22-2008, 09:39 PM
We had a BUNCH of Ron Paul people who came.. .and they were straight up pro-Ron Paul.

I have the numbers from the West Monroe caucus, but I dont' have the numbers from my caucus yet. I'm waiting for the national campaign guy to call me back.

jenninlouisiana
01-22-2008, 09:40 PM
I got 193 votes in West Monroe. :)

Melissa
I got 193 votes in West Monroe. :)

great job

FluffyUnbound
We had a BUNCH of Ron Paul people who came.. .and they were straight up pro-Ron Paul.

I have the numbers from the West Monroe caucus, but I dont' have the numbers from my caucus yet. I'm waiting for the national campaign guy to call me back.

Just your own numbers from West Monroe, or the total results from that caucus?

bgarrett
01-22-2008, 09:42 PM
we counted 130 RP voters in Shreveport but thats NOT official, just me

mfw1974
01-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I just want to say that the people of Louisiana did a DAMN GOOD JOB! Kudos all around for those of you that used the system to our advantage and also for those that believe in the message and showed they care about America.

Thank you very much!

jenninlouisiana
01-22-2008, 09:51 PM
those are my numbers from 1 of 5 caucus locations in my district

FluffyUnbound
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
those are my numbers from 1 of 5 caucus locations in my district

Are you looking forward to waving a sign in Minneapolis?

ButchHowdy
01-22-2008, 09:56 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1957979/posts

To: Reaganesque; redgirlinabluestate
I've just returned from the Louisiana Caucus in Baton Rouge where I was running as a Mitt Romney delegate. Here are my first impressions.

Three campaigns had a presence. They were the Ron Paul campaign, the Mitt Romney campaign, and the John McCain campaign. In addition, a group calling itself "Pro-Life, Pro-family" was supporting a slate of delegates.

Of these groups, Ron Paul's campaign had the most visible presence. People with Ron Paul T-shirts, signs, and buttons were everywhere. Many of them were college students, but I saw a good mix of Ron Paul supporters of every age. Some dressed very casually as young people tend to do, and others looked more conventional. Ron Paul was in Louisiana on Monday, and visiting the state allowed him to mobilize his people.

John McCain's people weren't quite as visible in the crowd. The McCain stickers and buttons weren't as obvious. They seemed to be an older group of people. However, no voter could approach the building without being offered a card with the John McCain slate at least once. Many of the people coming to vote were obviously John McCain supporters. They had their card with the McCain slate, and they weren't interested in receiving a card from any other candidate. John McCain has received some high profile endorsements in the state, and those endorsements will carry some votes.

Our group was a pretty nice mixture. We had a couple of kids who walked around the parking lot with Mitt Romney signs. We had a good mix of ages in our supporters. Some people came to the caucus looking for one of us to provide the list of Romney delegate candidates, and others were less sure but at least willing to listen.

The "Pro-Life, Pro-Family" group also had a good representation. Quite a few people passing me had the pro-life list and were not really interested in looking at another list.

Some of the people on the ballot are fixtures in the Baton Rouge Republican community. One man running in my district was the GOP candidate for U.S. Senate in 1996, and he barely lost that race. Many people thought that Mary Landrieu won only through fraud. I believe he's uncommitted to any candidate at this time, but I'm certain that he'll win one of the 15 delegate positions from our district. Another man has run for several statewide offices and may have even held one of those offices recently. He was on the Mitt Romney slate as well as being on the pro-life slate. I'm certain that he'll win one of the positions. A few others seem to be big names in the local GOP community, so I'm sure they'll win as well.

Beyond those people, I couldn't tell who had the best turnout. I won't be surprised to see the Ron Paul people win most of the positions in the 6th District. Of the 15 positions in the 6th district, we may end up with three or four supporting Mitt Romney, four or five supporting John McCain, four or five supporting Ron Paul, and a few uncommitted delegates. Maybe we'll do better even better, but I can't report an easy win for us tonight. I will be very surprised if I'm one of the Mitt Romney supporters who wins.

Overall, people were nice. A few of the Ron Paul supporters were hard core and did a little shouting. Most of them were young people who were fun. As the incoming voters slowed, I spent some time talking to a few of them. I've been an official volunteer on a Ron Paul congressional campaign, so they couldn't say that I was someone who didn't understand and never listened to Dr. Paul. Overall, they were a good group. I also enjoyed talking to other Mitt Romney supporters. I've not done any live campaigning with the Romney people, and this event was fun.

Bill

hueylong
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Very very interesting post from the Romney dude. If he thinks we'll get about 1/3 of the dels from the 6th District, that means something.

The 6th is Baton Rouge, the State Capitol and fairly Republican turf. If we do well there, it bodes well for the State.

ButchHowdy
So . . . eh . . . KUDOS TO RP LOUISIANANS!!!

Willis4RP
"prolife/profamily"

those guys p****d me off, shoving their ballot into my hand. i told them i knew their game, and handed their ballot back.
i wouldn't be the least surprised if those delegates are planning to vote for Romney...

wildebeest
01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Alright! I made my drive home(Vidalia)from Pineville it was my first ever caucus.I want to thank everybody at the Ron Paul table for helping me out.Thanks for the signs and the slim jims and the great conversations from some of you people around the Ron Paul table.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Alright! I made my drive home(Vidalia)from Pineville it was my first ever caucus.I want to thank everybody at the Ron Paul table for helping me out.Thanks for the signs and the slim jims and the great conversations from some of you people around the Ron Paul table.

No thank you for a job well done and to all of LA

Sandra
01-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi ButchHowdy! I'm Sandra, the lady with the red shirt on at the RP table. It was really good seeing everyone out in force! The turnout was pretty good.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:20 PM
There were 2 things that happened that I wish I could change: 1) a very elderly man came and he only voted for 2 people because he didn't understand to vote for 15. 2) a woman came right after they called time. She drove 2 hours to get here and actually went to a wrong location and she started crying because she was crushed she couldn't vote.

I have a hard time estimating how it went. I think we did well; a friend of my said when he went we definitely had the most people getting information. That pro-life, pro-family slate really pissed me off. Like I told Melissa, they were selling themselves as "uncommitted" but then their names were on Romney and McCain ballots. I pointed out to people that discrepancy.

But they had a lot of people too, so while I think we did well... I think they did well too.

I walked the line and tried to sell myself as #1 on the ballot and "if your slot has leftovers, would you vote me in? It's just one spot..." lol... several said they did and I had a few McCain people bump one off for me and I had a few of the "prolife/profamily" people bump one off for me (or so they said...)

Thank you! Just goes to show that Romney and McCain supporters have to resort to trickery to win an election.

bobo37
01-22-2008, 10:22 PM
What's with the Romney guy who worked on RP congressional campaign. How come he doesn't like RP now? seems strange to volunteer and now he doesn't support him. C'mon dude get your sh** together and support RP

jenninlouisiana
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Just based on ONE caucus location for the 5th district, we got 4 of 15 slates. THIS IS NOT THE FINAL RESULT for my district....this is just one of 5 caucus locations.

I'm disappointed because I really thought we were going to do better there than where I was.

8 people from that "pro-life/pro-family" slate (warmongers) got the highest totals.

It means nothing yet.... but I think it is a bad sign for my district...

hueylong
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Really hoping for big numbers in District 7. That would rock.

Bilgefisher
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
What's with the Romney guy who worked on RP congressional campaign. How come he doesn't like RP now? seems strange to volunteer and now he doesn't support him. C'mon dude get your sh** together and support RP

I think that is the first RP supporter I have ever heard of to switch.

jenninlouisiana
01-22-2008, 10:36 PM
In looking at the other names associated with those numbers, most of them are from that Northern La area. So the numbers may indeed change.

I do NOT want to go to state convention with a bunch of warmongers...

ButchHowdy
01-22-2008, 10:36 PM

Yeah I caught that too! Reading down the freerepublic blog, there's a PIC of him and Ron in 2000.

Winston
01-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I think that is the first RP supporter I have ever heard of to switch.

Must be disinformation. haha! :D

hueylong
01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Still, that dudes report was very enlightening re: how well RP may have done there.

Mark
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Very very interesting post from the Romney dude. If he thinks we'll get about 1/3 of the dels from the 6th District, that means something.

The 6th is Baton Rouge, the State Capitol and fairly Republican turf. If we do well there, it bodes well for the State.

This site has a lot of information - Delegate Names too

2008 LAGOP Caucus Site Information

http://www.lagop.com/

btwilli1
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
I posted this somewhere else, but...
I just wanted to say those uncommitted people were dressed nice. I talked to all of them almost at the Pontchartrain Center (District 1). I didn't realize it at the time, but one guy said he liked Thompson, another kept mentioning Huckabee. However none of them mentioned JulieAnnie, in fact the ones I talked to hated Julie. They just said they were uncommitted and wanted a candidate who was Pro Life/Pro Family

I talked to them for awhile. Told them about Ron Paul and how he is very pro-life, mentioned the Roe endorsement. They all liked Paul, and said if they won they would consider voting for him. They said they wanted to become a strong group of delegates who could be swayed to the strongest Pro-Life candidate. I told them I would send our Ron Paul delegation to visit them at the state convention if they made it. They were nice people, and I hooked them all up with a bottle of water. Maybe I planted a seed!

Sarge
01-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Amazing, just amazing how all from Louisiana pulled together. Even the college students got out this time. Thank you.

I read every post this am. If Pro Life is a big issue it gives time to get slim jims or word of mouth out on the Roe endorsement before the primary.

If we can pull off the 51%, and have that known before the debate tomorrow, Dr. Paul should make it known loud and clear. The media will not do it. That could garner a lot of attention to those saying, but he can't win. His chance to reach millions at once and shut the gigglers up.

123tim
01-23-2008, 06:42 AM
I posted this somewhere else, but...
I just wanted to say those uncommitted people were dressed nice. I talked to all of them almost at the Pontchartrain Center (District 1). I didn't realize it at the time, but one guy said he liked Thompson, another kept mentioning Huckabee. However none of them mentioned JulieAnnie, in fact the ones I talked to hated Julie. They just said they were uncommitted and wanted a candidate who was Pro Life/Pro Family

I talked to them for awhile. Told them about Ron Paul and how he is very pro-life, mentioned the Roe endorsement. They all liked Paul, and said if they won they would consider voting for him. They said they wanted to become a strong group of delegates who could be swayed to the strongest Pro-Life candidate. I told them I would send our Ron Paul delegation to visit them at the state convention if they made it. They were nice people, and I hooked them all up with a bottle of water. Maybe I planted a seed!

Thank you (Everyone) for your work.

Paul Revered
01-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Thank you Jen.

pepperpete1
01-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Can anyone tell me just what organization these prolife/profamily represent? What exactly does their literature say?

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Get ready to puke.

It says on the left "Win One for the Gipper" and there is a large photo of Reagan and Nancy and he's holding his hands clasped above his head in victory and she's waving. On top of the photo on the right it says "PRO-LIFE PRO FAMILY official ballot"

Under the photo it says, "Keep the Republican Party focused on Ronald Reagan's values of less government, more freedom, strong families and a strong national defense" (gee, you would think they support Ron Paul)..

And then it says: Please vote for EACH of the following individuals in your congressional district.

jenninlouisiana
01-23-2008, 12:06 PM
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! One of our guys **IS** on that list. He's a doctor in N. La.

No wonder he got the #2 spot....

pepperpete1
01-23-2008, 10:36 PM
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! One of our guys **IS** on that list. He's a doctor in N. La.

No wonder he got the #2 spot....

Thank you Jen for your hard work and all the supporters there in LA.