PDA

View Full Version : What can we do about the ID act?

fireinme
01-22-2008, 09:24 PM
What is already being done how can we take part and what can we do? (other than elect RP)

gaazn
01-23-2008, 01:57 AM
what needs to be done is we need to stop using illegal immigrants as the scapegoat for why this country needs real id. i'm afraid americans dislike illegal immigrants so much that they will support the national id. what's the point of a national ID? it gives the authorities a pretext to talk and question a person by pretending to check his immigration status. everyone in this country, who has done nothing else illegal, should be assumed to be legal. there should be nothing requiring a person to document himself or carry ID.

Fields
01-23-2008, 04:38 AM
Not accept it. Period.

Paul Revered
01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Bill to push to REPEAL REAL ID, not just oppose it.

We have opposition in place already, now lets get rid of this thing!

http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=30

Spread this message!

patriot4paul
01-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks for sharing this information. I'm greatly concerned about the National ID card situation.

Agent CSL
01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Don't accept it, fight it, repeal it. If you happen to accept it one day with an RFID chip, I believe you can microwave the chip and bust it.

patriot4paul
01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
I heard that 17 states have already passed laws to stop the national ID card with the RFID chip in it. The remaining states should follow their lead.

roshi
01-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Don't accept it, fight it, repeal it. If you happen to accept it one day with an RFID chip, I believe you can microwave the chip and bust it.

That's true, a microwave will kill any unshielded chips, they might shield it from microwaves in the future to prevent you from doing that but there are other methods:

You can also use static electricity
High voltages
A magnet

If they ask for it and it doesn't work, just say you don't know what happened to it. hehe :)

Iowa4Paul
01-25-2008, 11:15 PM
2nd amendment if it gets to our doorsteps.

however we can fight it in writing for now.

patriot4paul
01-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Information on how to stop the national ID card:

www.nonationalid.com
www.conservativeusa.org/RFIDidentitytheft.htm

RSLudlum
01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Call your governor and tell them to strike it down. Our governor, Mark Sanford, has already signed a bill stating that SC will not be taking part in the Real ID. Thank god for States Rights!!!!

patriot4paul
01-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for sharing RSLudlum. I will pass this informartion on to others.

Wendi
01-27-2008, 09:32 PM
The problem is, if you convince your state not to use the national ID standards... you'll be forced to carry a PASSPORT in order to travel to other states, or board a plane. I'm not generally one to go with the "lesser of two evils," but in this case... I truly hope that Texas does not fall into that category. The national ID standards do not use microchips (yet). Passports do. They've got us between a rock and a hard place. The answer has to be something much more comprehensive than simply getting your state to refuse to use the new standards (sigh).

ConstitutionGal
01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Several states have already passed resolutions saying that they will not participate in the Real ID Act, HOWEVER, once the FedGov decides to start withholding 'highway funds' etc., just sit back and watch the states cave in (just like they did on everything from No Child Behind to the 55mph speed limits and seat belts). The Fed Gov steals the fruits of our labors and then uses OUR money to blackmail OUR states into falling into line with the desired mandates and laws. Sadly, most Americans, for the sake of convenience and many excuses, will line up at the appointed times to get their Real IDs so they won't be inconveniened. Of course, they are working toward making a Real ID mandatory to get a job and pretty soon it will become necessary to buy groceries. Then and only then will be see the American public actually rise up for REAL change. Don't believe me, look at all the people voting for the candidates who promise to 'keep us safe'. I rest my case.

patriot4paul
01-27-2008, 11:19 PM
The problem is, if you convince your state not to use the national ID standards... you'll be forced to carry a PASSPORT in order to travel to other states, or board a plane. I'm not generally one to go with the "lesser of two evils," but in this case... I truly hope that Texas does not fall into that category. The national ID standards do not use microchips (yet). Passports do. They've got us between a rock and a hard place. The answer has to be something much more comprehensive than simply getting your state to refuse to use the new standards (sigh).

Hi Texas Christian. Texas is one of eight states that has introduced legislation to stop the national ID. You're right about not being able to travel to others states wtihout a passport. However, personally, I'd prefer to remain in a state without the national ID card than travel to a different state with a RFID tracking chip passport. I don't want the national id driver's license and I don't want the passport.

I thought the national id had RFID chips in them already. What sources reveal that they don't? Also, if they don't have tracking chips in them yet, when will they start to use them? May 11, 2008?