PDA

View Full Version : Are we hoping for a Gulliani win in Florida?

SilentBull
01-22-2008, 09:03 PM
I searched the forums and didn't find anything about this. I'm assuming it would be good for us if Gulliani won in Florida, right? If he again becomes a front runner, the chances become higher that we will have a brokered convention. Am I right about this?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 09:05 PM
No we want him out. Huck too. This gives us more face time in the debates, and in the race in general.

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Guiliani can best help Ron Paul's campaign by abandoning his own.

FrankRep
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm hoping for a Ron Paul win.

:D

SilentBull
01-22-2008, 09:09 PM
No we want him out. Huck too. This gives us more face time in the debates, and in the race in general.

But if he wins, he might take some Super Tuesday states that might have gone to McCain, for example. If Rudy and Huckabee drop out, for example, that means there is a better chance that McCain or Romney could end up with the required delegates to win without the need for a brokered convention, which is what Ron Paul is hoping for.

LJHudd

:DSame here, I just can't help myself... he is the BEST candidate after all :D

Kregener
We want Ron Paul to win Florida.

dkim68
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I think the best outcome for us in Florida would be:

1. Giuliani
2. Paul
3. Huckabee
4. McCain
5. Romney

1. Edwards
2. Obama
3. Hillary

ClayTrainor
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I think it'll get harder and harder for the media to hide RP once giuliani and huck join fred.

how could they possibly explain silencing 1 of only 3 candidates!?!?!

Shii
01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Guiliani can best help Ron Paul's campaign by abandoning his own.
Not really, Giuliani is depending on the support of people who know absolutely nothing about the politics, personal life, or character of the candidates. If he quit, those people would go to some other idiot like Romney. But if those people waste their votes on him, that's more informed votes for us to topple Romney etc.

LJHudd
01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
But if he wins, he might take some Super Tuesday states that might have gone to McCain, for example. If Rudy and Huckabee drop out, for example, that means there is a better chance that McCain or Romney could end up with the required delegates to win without the need for a brokered convention, which is what Ron Paul is hoping for.Of all the horrors that could be President... Guiliani is the horrorrist of horrors. I can't bare the thought of a Florida win bolstering his standing to win other States as well. Oh the horror, please I don't want to die! If Guiliani wins Florida - I'll call it vote fraud and the end of America.

SilentBull
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
I think it'll get harder and harder for the media to hide RP once giuliani and huck join fred.

I really think our best chance to win is a brokered convention, which the Ron Paul campaign has mentioned in their emails. Unless we all think we can get 1,191 delegates, then a Gulliani win is what we want.

painter4Ron Paul
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Ron Paul is gaining strength in Floridia. I think Mullah Huck and McBloodglutton are our biggest worries.

Benaiah
01-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I disagree. I want Guiliani and Romney to stay in, and Huckabee and McCain to drop out. The reason that the Huckster and McCain are gaining support is because Republicans and conservatives are not liking that Giuliani and Romney are being crammed down our throats.

LJHudd
01-22-2008, 09:13 PM

how could they possibly explain silencing 1 of only 3 candidates!?!?!Exactly - Ron has consistently (pretty much) beat Guiliani - we must beat him this time as well.

seapilot
01-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Hoping RP beats Guiliani in the state he is trying so hard to win. It will be the ultimate destruction of Gulianis bid for Presidency.

Trigonx
01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
If we can keep the sheep split between all the candidates so no one neocon gains a huge share of sheep support we are golden, we are slowly awakening sheep every day and as they wake up they support RP exclusively.

So a Ghouliani win would be ideal.

Benaiah
01-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Guess how many of Guilian's supporters are going to join us after he's out? ZERO. Guess how many of Huckabee's supporters are going to join us when he drops out? Quite a few. We could even get some of McCain's supporters.

McCain and Huckabee are the biggest threats.

SilentBull
01-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I think a lot of you are missing the big picture. Sure it would be great to see Gulliani lose. But the fact is, that if he does, we could be looking at a McCain win. We don't need any one candidate to seem like the clear winner. McCain and Romney have already won 2 states each.

seapilot
01-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Guess how many of Guilian's supporters are going to join us after he's out? ZERO. Guess how many of Huckabee's supporters are going to join us when he drops out? Quite a few. We could even get some of McCain's supporters.

McCain and Huckabee are the biggest threats.

Guiliani has ZERO supporters right now.

Join The Paul Side
01-22-2008, 09:19 PM
I disagree. I want Guiliani and Romney to stay in, and Huckabee and McCain to drop out. The reason that the Huckster and McCain are gaining support is because Republicans and conservatives are not liking that Giuliani and Romney are being crammed down our throats.

No. The real reason Panderbee and McGrump are gaining support is because the MSM keeps giving their broke asses free TV time. :rolleyes:

LibertyRevolution
01-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Im still trying to understand rudys plan. does he own diebold or did somone promise him flordia and CA or sumthing?

billyjoeallen
01-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I searched the forums and didn't find anything about this. I'm assuming it would be good for us if Gulliani won in Florida, right? If he again becomes a front runner, the chances become higher that we will have a brokered convention. Am I right about this?

Uhhhhhhh no. That would be bad. Here's how I hope it plays out:

The Ghoul loses Florida. Even second place is fatal.
Huck is siding with 100 years McCain to dogpile on Flip-flop Mitt. Huck is dead and his best best is to play kingmaker and betray the GOP (just like he's always done).Mitt extents an olive branch to US and we take it. A brokered convention ensues and a Paul/Romney ticket or a Romney Paul ticket emerges victorious.

The BIG problem we are having is all the free press McAmnesty is getting and the biased spin in his favor. The Israel lobby (and Leiberman) is backing him and you know how influential they are in the MSM. It's not a conspiracy, it's just politics.

Fox news and even Rush will come around if we defend Mitt from the Lamestream onslaught. Team Romney needs us and we need them. We will get a seat at the table if we hold your noses and play it smart. Doc know this and that's why he had kind words to say about Gov Romney today.

If JOHN MCCAIN WINS FLORIDA IT IS ALL OVER. THE MEDIOCRACY WILL CROWN HIM AND THE MONEY WILL FLOW. Anyone but McCain. Anyone but McCain.

Coola
01-22-2008, 09:35 PM
I thought the plan was for Rudy to tank, so that he drops out, then it is 4 people left?

ihsv
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM

1. Giuliani
2. Paul
3. Huckabee
4. McCain
5. Romney

1. Edwards
2. Obama
3. Hillary

Is that a realistic outcome? I haven't seen the polls for FL, so I don't have a clue.

dkim68
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM
They've been doing it to John Edwards on the Democratic side.

dkim68
01-22-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought the plan was for Rudy to tank, so that he drops out, then it is 4 people left?
Well it would be good for us if Rudy to won the majority of the delegates instead of Romney, McCain or Huckabee.

Benaiah
01-22-2008, 09:41 PM

Huck is siding with 100 years McCain to dogpile on Flip-flop Mitt. Huck is dead and his best best is to play kingmaker and betray the GOP (just like he's always done).Mitt extents an olive branch to US and we take it. A brokered convention ensues and a Paul/Romney ticket or a Romney Paul ticket emerges victorious.

The BIG problem we are having is all the free press McAmnesty is getting and the biased spin in his favor. The Israel lobby (and Leiberman) is backing him and you know how influential they are in the MSM. It's not a conspiracy, it's just politics.

Fox news and even Rush will come around if we defend Mitt from the Lamestream onslaught. Team Romney needs us and we need them. We will get a seat at the table if we hold your noses and play it smart. Doc know this and that's why he had kind words to say about Gov Romney today.

If JOHN MCCAIN WINS FLORIDA IT IS ALL OVER. THE MEDIOCRACY WILL CROWN HIM AND THE MONEY WILL FLOW. Anyone but McCain. Anyone but McCain.

There are only two problems with that:
First, Paul has said that he would not be a VP for any of these guys.
Second, if Paul decided to be a VP or Romney, 95% of us would lose respect for him and not vote for the ticket.

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 09:43 PM
If anyone other than giuliani wins, they'll have more momentum then I'd care for

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 09:47 PM

You, sir, are my new favorite poster here! Right on.

Either we will strike an alliance with Mitt, or RP runs indy and changes the game.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
There are only two problems with that:
First, Paul has said that he would not be a VP for any of these guys.

I call BS. Show evidence of this claim.

Romney can be steered to the right course. He is Ron's intellectual student.

Paul4Prez
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Our best option is a Ron Paul win in Florida, of course. I think the second best option would be a Huckabee win -- that would make Giuliani drop out. Third best would be a Rudy win, since he doesn't have any delegates yet. Hopefully it would be an unimpressive win, so it wouldn't give him much momentum into the big Feb. 5 states like California where we have a good chance to win a lot of delegates.

But I don't think a brokered convention works in our favor. All of the other candidates will gang up against Ron Paul. Unless we can win outright, or be very close to that and only have to pry a few people away, Ron Paul should go third party, and make that call as quickly as possible after February 5th if things don't go well.

ninepointfive
01-22-2008, 09:52 PM

Use the Jedi Force Much, have we not?

seapilot
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM

Also RP and Romney are the only ones with proven money. In the general the GOP is broke and the Dems have 100s of millions.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Also RP and Romney are the only ones with proven money. In the general the GOP is broke and the Dems have 100s of millions.

A good and valid point. Plus RP attracts HUGE numbers among young people, which is part of our power.

Benaiah
01-22-2008, 09:59 PM
//

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Ron Paul is gaining strength in Floridia. I think Mullah Huck and McBloodglutton are our biggest worries.

Mullah Huck.... HAHAHHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

DFF
01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I think a lot of you are missing the big picture. Sure it would be great to see Gulliani lose. But the fact is, that if he does, we could be looking at a McCain win. We don't need any one candidate to seem like the clear winner. McCain and Romney have already won 2 states each.

Agreed.

Plus, a win for Guiliani could help paradoxically bolster Paul, considering the two are somewhat interconnected.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
ummmmmmm do you really think that Mitt is going to change to a non-interventionists foreign policy?

Yes, I think it's possible. Romney was quoted in the press recently saying we should "re-evaluate our overseas bases" and think about bringing them home from Korea and Germany, etc.

I think Mitt is a decent guy, a good business man, and that his mind would be open to RP's ideas.

Ninja Homer
01-22-2008, 10:13 PM
I want Giuliani out ASAP. I normally don't let out my inner conspiracist here in RPF, but it's going to come out a little in this post.

Giuliani is pushing the Real ID very hard. The Rockefellers really want the Real ID, because it's their next step in having complete control of the money supply. If Giuliani wins Florida, the Rockefellers will pull any strings they can in Super Tuesday states and beyond to get him in office.

seapilot
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
ummmmmmm do you really think that Mitt is going to change to a non-interventionists foreign policy? Ron Paul has stated on 3 occasions (2 interviews, and one reply in a debate) that he WILL NOT support, or be a VP to ANY of the other guys unless they change their views on that.

Watch the first Leno interview in regards to the VP question.

Ron Paul will not side with any of these guys. Ron Paul has said that to do so would be "to undermine everything that I've stood for, for over 30 years. And also, my supporters wouldn't know what to make of it."

Stranger things have happened. Cant stand Romney either, yet he is a well rehearsed flipflopper. When he learns he can only win the general by pandering to the independents and 70% that want out of Iraq he will flop again to get the vote.

Romney is using the Republican playbook to win the nomination, he was governor of one of the most liberal states that loves Ted Kennedy, he was for abortion and gun control now he is against both. RP will never change his views, while Romney changes his more than his underwear.

Dustancostine
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Guiliani is my worst nightmare, even worse than Hillary. I hope he goes down. Then we can all giggle at him.

Dustancostine
01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
RP will never change his views, while Romney changes his more than his underwear.

Romney doesn't change his underwear. He has special Mormon underwear remember.

Eric21ND
01-22-2008, 10:27 PM

I agree, Ron Paul becomes a elephant in the room at that point and the American people start wondering why they're hiding him from us....many people are already starting to catch on to that. :)

Opulen
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
It would be best if MR. 9/11 come third or lower. That would really hurt his ego and consider dropping out.

Join The Paul Side
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I want Giuliani out ASAP. I normally don't let out my inner conspiracist here in RPF, but it's going to come out a little in this post.

Giuliani is pushing the Real ID very hard. The Rockefellers really want the Real ID, because it's their next step in having complete control of the money supply. If Giuliani wins Florida, the Rockefellers will pull any strings they can in Super Tuesday states and beyond to get him in office.

Very true. They will not only control the money supply, but we the people as well. They can control our ability to buy, sell, get jobs, obtain credit, our financial status.....and given how this government is so untrustworthy and out of control.... who to say they won't slip GPS into The Real ID to track us at will??

The Real ID is bad news for the American People. Very very bad news. :(

syborius
01-22-2008, 10:33 PM

1. Giuliani
2. Paul
3. Huckabee
4. McCain
5. Romney

1. Edwards
2. Obama
3. Hillary

I have to reluctantly concur with this...It will muddle the waters even more if the ghoul takes florida, and we snatch #2. It will make the others weaker going into super tues. As crazy as it sounds, it is better if the ghoul wins Florida.

Eric21ND
01-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Yes Rudy is on the ropes here, he does bad and he's out, whenever someone is in a make or break state like Rudy in Florida or Thmpson in South Carolina we want them to fold. We want Ron Paul to out last these supposed front runners and he'll be taking more and more seriously. His contrast between the candidates also becomes more glaring standing next to 2 or 3 guys instead of among 6.

syborius
01-22-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree, Ron Paul becomes a elephant in the room at that point and the American people start wondering why they're hiding him from us....many people are already starting to catch on to that. :)

Giuliani will not drop out, even if he gets third...they will keep at least 3 neocons in the race at all TIMES...no way he will drop out.

Gadsden Flag
01-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Remember that the Florida delegates are winner-take-all. So it doesn't matter if you come in second, one point below the first place guy or you come in last.

Although the momentum still gets people excited, I guess.

bolidew
01-22-2008, 10:37 PM
We need Rudy to be the strong second and hang on there with no real hope.

crink
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
If Dr. Paul and romney were to team up then no one could stop us. The only thing is that I don't think romney would be comfortable at vp and most RP supporters would not be comfortable with Dr. Paul at vp

Lyn
01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
I know it might be better strategically but honestly I can't stand Julie Annie and I really hope he crashes and burns here in Florida. I mean that metaphorically of course.

Kregener
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
How can ANYONE really believe it would be somehow..."better" if Rudy were to beat Ron Paul in Florida?

Has the world gone totally insane?

Eric21ND
01-22-2008, 11:02 PM
A bad showing will close the book for Rudy.

syborius
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
How can ANYONE really believe it would be somehow..."better" if Rudy were to beat Ron Paul in Florida?

Has the world gone totally insane?

It's called strategy, and probably a bit insane. I hope we win, but lets be realistic. If we can't win we should probably want the weakest candidate to win to further muddle the field. It is worse for us if Mcamnesty wins, or Mittens for that matter, as many here have concluded. If you believe the Ghoul will throw in the towel if he gets 3rd, 4th, or 5th, by all means, lets hope that happens. In my estimation he won't drop out because they need to keep Paul off the top three charts. At least viewing it from the establishments perspective, I would want to keep three guys ahead of Paul at all times. In any event it will be interesting to see how Florida pans out. If we finish top three it will be very good.. My two cents... :cool:

wortguy
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
i still say that rudy is being set up for a huge comeback, and it will start with florida. Anyway - it is just amazing how sorry these Rep candidates are. We can really win this thing!

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 11:09 PM
I really don't think Ghouliani stands a chance in any other state. I don't even think he is leading anymore in his home state of New York. He is not drawing many conservative votes away from McCain or Romney because he is pro-choice and suspect on other conservative issues. Frankly, I could give a rat's ass if Ghouliani drops out after Florida.

mavtek
01-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Yes, but Rudy squeaking out a win isn't a bad thing for us, neither is Romney. A worst case scenario for me me would be McCain as then it would give him momentum heading into super Tuesday.

Romney has been ignored by the Media, he will continue to be marginalized and McCain will have a tough time continuing his momentum. Romney will have a tough time due to name recognition.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Rush Limbaugh is really starting to flame McCain on a daily basis. I think that will take a toll on McCain's less enthused supporters who are Rush Limbaugh fans.

nate895
01-22-2008, 11:12 PM

:D

+1776

Kregener
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
"Strategy"?

Really?

Even more strategic than....WINNING?

:rolleyes:

WilliamC
01-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Not really, Giuliani is depending on the support of people who know absolutely nothing about the politics, personal life, or character of the candidates. If he quit, those people would go to some other idiot like Romney. But if those people waste their votes on him, that's more informed votes for us to topple Romney etc.

I don't think many of Giuliani's supporters are going to be picking Ron Paul as their second choice. If he were out of the race it becomes that much harder for the media to ignore and the other candidates to marginalize Ron Paul.

Not impossible, but ever more blatant.

nodope0695
01-23-2008, 05:52 AM
No, we would like to see Ghoul do poorly in Florida. That way he drops out and the field narrows. I can't see how a victory for Ghoul in FL would be good for us. I hope we place top three there, and beat Ghoul again.:D

John of Des Moines
01-23-2008, 06:06 AM
If Dr. Paul and romney were to team up then no one could stop us. The only thing is that I don't think romney would be comfortable at vp and most RP supporters would not be comfortable with Dr. Paul at vp

Anybody connected to the CFR as a vice president would not make for a long Paul administration. Only a CFR free ticket would be worth voting for.

noztnac
01-23-2008, 06:11 AM
No. If Giuliani loses Florida he is as good as out. We need for Giuliani and McCain to lose.