PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to John Edwards Supporters

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Here is my open letter to John Edwards supporters, in an attempt to convert them to Ron Paulism.

Dear Edwards Supporters,
I am a Ron Paul supporter. I am proud. My goal is merely to make you aware of Ron Paul's stances as opposed to John Edwards's stances. If you read this entire letter and still support Mr.Edwards, then I would have nothing more to say.

Let us begin with interventionism, which is represented by John Edwards, against non-interventionism, which Dr.Paul supports. Intervening in foreign nations which aren't are threat to our country is unconstitutional, a waste of money, and a waste of lives. A prime example of this is the Iraq war. It has been resolved, we went there looking for weapons of mass destruction. When we didn't find them, we decided to stay. Considering that we get a mere 2.5% of our oil from Iraq, what business do we have there? If we're there just to bring freedom, why not Cuba, why not Poland when it was communist, why not Germany under Hitler? I will answer this one. It is simply because we as America weren't meant to be diplomats of freedom. We support it, but it is not or job or requirement to bring it to other countries. If you are against the Iraq war because you see no reason for it, then you believe in non-intervensionism, which is Ron Paul's views, not Edwards.

A short note about John Edwards and the Iraq War. Ron Paul has a two week plan for removal of the troops. John Edwards has an eight month plan which he claims he cannot guarantee will be carried out.

John Edwards and his plan to raise money for candidates by using your tax dollars. Mr.Edwards would love to create a plan where all donations are match eight-to-one. A $100 dollar donation would be worth $900. How will this be paid for? Is John Edwards going to pull the money out of his pocket? I think not. It will be your job. Don't think of it as too much though, with him as president the value of the dollar would surely be driven down.

Read closely in the Lobbyist section of his issues page. He seems to mention more and more powers to the president. He wants to take away lobbyists' power. I realize that most lobbyists represent corrupted groups, but is that a justifiable reason for taking away a person's right to state an opinion? If them being corrupted has them removed, why not remove the 534 other corrupted members of congress, besides Ron Paul and a limited few of course.

If you were a John Edwards supporter at the beginning of this letter. I pray that I have at least sparked your interest in Ron Paul.
Join us in the fight for our constitutional rights.

Somebody please start a digg for this.

celticsman7
01-22-2008, 08:52 PM
inventionism??

sgrooms
01-22-2008, 08:54 PM
lmao meant to be interventionism