brumans
01-22-2008, 08:37 PM
ahaha... his slogan is "Hope for New Jersey"

yongrel
01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
The Revolution is actually happening.

RobS
01-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Haha! I plan on donating to his campaign what I can once Ron is President :)

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 08:41 PM
donated 25$

we need to fill congress with these people

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Is there a website listing all Ron Paul republicans?

ClayTrainor
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Excellent!

Time to overthrow the status quo!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
10 bucks from me... I just donated.

If Dr Paul says he's the man, that's all I need!

nyrgoal99
01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
I live in NJ, he just got 2 votes, me and my dad

gerryb
01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
June 3rd is the primary for the senate seat in NJ. This is also when the delegates for NJ are elected.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Sticky This.

Enzo
01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Donated $20

This is exactly what needs to be happening. Like Minded Politicians... endorsed by Ron Paul.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 08:52 PM

Now that is a fantastic idea!

BreakYourChains
01-22-2008, 08:54 PM
bump!

ItsTime
01-22-2008, 08:54 PM
He better get a better server. I think his is on over load right now, I just emailed 2000 people about him :)

dblee
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
what's his foreign policy?

humanic
01-22-2008, 09:00 PM

YES!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul_Republican

DFF
01-22-2008, 09:03 PM
donated 25$

we need to fill congress with these people

QFT!

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Does anyone have a list of Ron Paul candidates running?

Seems Ron Paul has coat-tails :)

Thomas Paine
Can we, or should we, provide a subforum(s) for these candidates running as Ron Paul Republicans?

humanic

This from an article he wrote, which is on his website:

In a Paul presidency the size and scope of the federal government would shrink substantially. Young people would be able to save for their own retirement. The income tax would be abolished. The transition to a charity-based social service sector would begin.

On the international front, the U.S. military would be withdrawn from South Korea, Europe and all the military bases that are not needed for our national security. And, of course, U.S. military/political involvement would end in the Middle East. The troops would finally come home from the horror of the misguided Iraq invasion. U.S. borders would be secured from the “invasion” of illegal immigrants.

Under a Paul presidency trade and peaceful relations with other countries would be paramount. The military-industrial complex would shrink to a level that would protect our nation’s security rather than line the pockets of defense contractors.

Beginning in 2009 a Paul presidency would begin to restore the integrity of the U.S. dollar. Whether the dollar becomes as good as gold remains to be seen, but a gold-based dollar is authorized by the U.S. Constitution.

All Americans beginning in 2009 would have every one of their constitutional rights protected under a Paul presidency. Who but, yes, the fascistic neoconservatives could object to that?

Pretty sure his foreign policy mirrors Paul's.

humanic
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM

Arkris
01-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Do you know if you can donate to the campaign if you don't live in the state of NJ?

It's my understanding that you can, but I figure I'd check with you guys just to make sure; Don't want to get in trouble with the FEC.

Orgoonian
01-22-2008, 09:11 PM

Check the Liberty section
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230

Enzo
01-22-2008, 09:11 PM

He seems to have a similar non-interventionist foreign policy.

He is from Germany. His parents were Holocaust survivors.

He used to be a libertarian but is now a Republican.

He is a huge Ron Paul supporter.

specsaregood
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
This from an article he wrote, which is on his website:

Pretty sure his foreign policy mirrors Paul's.

Seeing as Ron Paul has actually ENDORSED Murray Sabrin, I think that is safe to say. :)
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018492.html

itshappening
01-22-2008, 09:14 PM
DiLorenzo did not coin the term RP Republican, im sure it was coined on here long ago by folks who say they're calling themselves 'Ron Paul Republicans' maybe someone can find the thread and alter the wiki!

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Do you know if you can donate to the campaign if you don't live in the state of NJ?

It's my understanding that you can, but I figure I'd check with you guys just to make sure; Don't want to get in trouble with the FEC.

Any U.S. citizen residing anywhere can donate to any congressional/Senate campaign. If you look on any incumbent's donor lists, you will find numerous out of state contributors. If we focused on a certain number of congressional campaigns, and raised the same amount of money for them that we have raised for Ron Paul thus far, we could really sweep those seats.

Depending on the media market, you only need a minimum $500,000 to be considered a serious contender for a House seat and a minimum $2,000,000 to be considered a serious contender for a Senate seat. However, for New Jersey, we would need to raise at least $5,000,000 because that is an expensive media market.

RobotJaxxon
01-22-2008, 09:17 PM
FYI: Frank Lautenburg (D) is running as the incumbent. Anyone know his votes on the Iraq war? The Iran vote this year? Other key issues?

NJ has not had a Republican senator since 1982. Does Sabrin have an angle for defeating Lautenburg? Is there any discontent in NJ regarding Lautenburg? I'll be happy to contribute... but is there any hope to unseating this incumbent in this Democrat stronghold? Incumbents are so difficult to defeat, the system is so biased...

voortrekker
01-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I just sent him $50 and I'm from TX.

This is ultimately how we can have a prayer to save this country.

We've got to flush most of the congress critters down the toilet and start anew.

Gun Owners of America(GOA) is very good about sending alert emails regarding candidates that support our Constitution. AND it's a free sign up, you don't have to be a member. I get an alert maybe every two weeks from GOA.

gunowners.org

Any other organizations that do this that are Ron Paul caliber, let me know.

Brett out.

Xonox
01-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Check the Liberty section

This forum should be moved into grassroots... I think more people would actually see it that way (and these people deserve some grassroots too!)

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:19 PM
FYI: Frank Lautenburg (D) is running as the incumbent. Anyone know his votes on the Iraq war? The Iran vote this year? Other key issues?

NJ has not had a Republican senator since 1982. Does Sabrin have an angle for defeating Lautenburg? Is there any discontent in NJ regarding Lautenburg? I'll be happy to contribute... but is there any hope to unseating this incumbent in this Democrat stronghold? Incumbents are so difficult to defeat, the system is so biased...

Need to do some serious opposition research on Lautenburg.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I just sent him $50 and I'm from TX.

Patriot!

itshappening
01-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Frank R. Lautenberg, the Democratic nominee for Senate, said today that he unequivocally stands behind the Senate resolution giving President Bush the authority to act against Iraq

NY Times, Oct 12th 2002
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980DE0DA123AF931A25753C1A9649C8B 63
---

RWNED!!

roversaurus
01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
If this guy gets a noticeable about of money JUST BECAUSE RON PAUL
endorsed him.

OTHER Republicans will seek Ron Paul's endorsement.

And that means other Republicans will seek to endorse Ron Paul.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Here is a bio on Senator Lautenberg:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lautenberg

It appears that he is one of the most liberal members of the Senate. He is a classic big government, pro-choice, anti-gun rights liberal. However, New Jersey as a state is pretty liberal in nature. Need some folks from New Jersey to speak up on some pressing local issues that Lautenberg may be vulnerable to attack on.

Xonox
01-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Frank R. Lautenberg, the Democratic nominee for Senate, said today that he unequivocally stands behind the Senate resolution giving President Bush the authority to act against Iraq

NY Times, Oct 12th 2002
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980DE0DA123AF931A25753C1A9649C8B 63
---

RWNED!!

lol it would be a Anti-War Republican vs. a Pro-War democrat... though this isn't a big shock to us here it would confuse the hell out of the uninformed New Jersey population.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Oh, now this is interesting! Apparently, Senator Lautenberg is NOT polling very well in New Jersey partly because he is considered too old. He may decide to retire. I know one thing that will help him to retire is if we raise $5,000,000 (or large warchest) for Murray Sabrin and show Senator Lautenberg that he is going to be outraised and outspent by a Ron Paul Republican!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_United_States_Senate_election%2C_2008

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Can we, or should we, provide a subforum(s) for these candidates running as Ron Paul Republicans?

Yes, just one forum though.

Eric21ND
We might have to have a Murray money bomb :)

RobotJaxxon
If this guy gets a noticeable about of money JUST BECAUSE RON PAUL
endorsed him.

OTHER Republicans will seek Ron Paul's endorsement.

And that means other Republicans will seek to endorse Ron Paul.

Excellent thought... I had the opportunity to ask Ron Paul about this at a private meeting in september (I have always looked at this as a movement, and wanted to see ways to sustain it).

Don't expect him to endorse people very easily. I asked him if he plans to endorse any congressional candidates, that his strong grassroots could be very powerful, and his response was rather cold. He said that in the past he had endorsed several people, and too many of them got to Washington and became a part of the machine and abandoned the cause. I didn't get the impression that he was going to be very helpful on that front.

It appears that Ron Paul and Murray Sabrin go back about 30 years. Ron Paul has endorsed him in previous races. That's why he's getting the endorsement here.

I hope Ron Paul will formally endorse a few more candidates, but I'd be very surprised.

DRV45N05
RON PAUL IS AN ANTI-SEMITE!

Oh, wait... he just endorsed a Jew.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Yes, just one forum though.

I agree. Otherwise we could end up with 535 subforums for every Ron Paul Republican candidate in every House race and Senate race.

itshappening
01-22-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah he's 83, wow... and wants a 6 year term

I think the voters will think he's not going to be effective

Sabrin will have a great chance!!!!

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 09:32 PM

Whose the #9@(#*$# that is trying to delete the entry?

itshappening
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
We might have to have a Murray money bomb :)

yeah but Murray needs to publish a counter... etc.

LibertyRevolution
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM
OMG, Ron Paul Leading us to who to elect to congress! GREAT IDEA!
Is this the SECRET PLAN??

werdd
01-22-2008, 09:37 PM
So i take it sabrin is a member of the GOP???

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:38 PM
With the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate so evenly divided between the Neo-Communist Democrats and the Neo-Conservative Republicans, it would only take a handful of Ron Paul Republicans elected to both the U.S. House and U.S. Senate to hold the balance of power in both houses of Congress.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:39 PM

His bio on his website says he rejoined the GOP in 2000 after running as a Libertarian.

itshappening
01-22-2008, 09:39 PM
yeah Thomas, they can be a powerful group even small in number... this could be HUGE...

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 09:40 PM
The liberty forum needs to be renamed "Ron Paul Republicans" and moved to a sub forum of grassroots where it can be found easily.

We're stronger together. For instance, its hard to call Ron Paul "unelectable" when he has coat-tails. This is a news article or five in itself, just have to find someone to write it.

specsaregood
01-22-2008, 09:41 PM

Yes. He WAS a pro-choice Libertarian; but credits Dr. Paul with converting him to a pro-life Republican.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:42 PM
A handful of Ron Paul Republicans, say about five (5), elected to the evenly divided U.S. Senate could really control that upper house of Congress.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Sticky.

itshappening
01-22-2008, 09:43 PM
The liberty forum needs to be renamed "Ron Paul Republicans" and moved to a sub forum of grassroots where it can be found easily.

We're stronger together. For instance, its hard to call Ron Paul "unelectable" when he has coat-tails. This is a news article or five in itself, just have to find someone to write it.

after the Presidential campaign all our efforts should be focused on taking over the congress and senate :D ... a national grassroots movement, fundraising, event planning, over many years we can do it !!!

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
If I had the time I would dedicate a website to this cause.

www.ronpaul-republican.com is the best domain available I could find

I really hope someone takes up this challenge.

JosephTheLibertarian
01-22-2008, 09:46 PM
New Jersey sucks

Vvick727
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
New Jersey sucks

yeah, the highway system sucks. i always get lost.

amy31416
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
If I had the time I would dedicate a website to this cause.

www.ronpaul-republican.com is the best domain available I could find

I really hope someone takes up this challenge.

ronpaulrepublicans.com is "under construction" and is owned by someone who chose to remain anonymous.

We should at least save that wiki page. How do we do that?

Mark Rushmore
01-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Here's the situation:

There are three Republican candidates right now contesting in the June 3rd primary for this Senate seat:

1) Murray Sabrin - Ron Paul Republican
2) Joe Pennacchio - middle-of-the-road Republican
3) Anne Estabrook - self-financing RINO trying to buy her way in

Sabrin can take Estabrook headsup without too much trouble in this primary as her support mainly consists of the county Chairs she's bought off and the fellow RINO faction. The problem is that #2 is going to split the anti-Estabrook votes if he stays in till the primary.

If Sabrin can raise $2 mil or so pretty rapidly, then Pennacchio should read the cards and fold.

If Sabrin then beats Estabrook in the primary, with Lautenburg on his last legs and this being a prime opportunity to whip up an anti-Dem. fervor*, mainstream Republican financial support should manifest and take the burden off the Ron Paul supporters (who will be vital initially).

*The opportunity is provided by our worthless (Democratic) Governor, who is about to indebt the state $40 billion in one shot by handing over our toll roads as collateral and guaranteeing %50 toll increases regularly every few years (I'm not even joking - look up 'Corzine toll hike' or something similar).

Beyond the money to chase off Pennacchio, if Sabrin has a bit extra to spin off into building a cloud of anti-Dem. chatter - with Lautenburg's age, the rumors that he's just planning to run/win/retire, and so forth - there should be every possible chance for Sabrin.

If he can keep the NJ grassroots movement that's coalesced around Ron Paul going and the money flows in, the odds are almost in his favor.

Edit. One last thing to note, although this most likely is of interest to only a very few readers, due to the level of Estabrook's self-financing - the cap for individual contributions has now gone up to $13,500. For what it's worth.

Stealth4
01-22-2008, 09:56 PM
excellent news - Ill throw him a 20 spot later.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
We have a Republican in my district who has a very similar platform as Ron Paul and is running in the primary against my current Congressman.

Any Ohioans out there, help get the word out on fellow Ron Paul Republican Dave Ryon (http://www.daveryon.com/):

http://www.daveryon.com/

RobotJaxxon
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
A couple years ago I thought out a plan for how a moderate libertarian party could be successful. Part of that was deciding on the best use of limited party resources, and I think that could apply to the Ron Paul Republicans running for congress.

The idea is to identify the most promising races and divert out resources to only the best. The promising races can be identified by the following criteria:

A) Quality of the candidate. How engaging is he/she? Can he/she relate well to the general electorate? Is he/she a good spokesman for the principals?

B) Libertarian leanings of the electorate. Some places are just much more ready for a libertarian representative than others. Massachusetts? No. Alaska? Maybe.

c) Winnability of the race. Is there an incumbent to unseat? Much better if there isn't. Are the other candidates particularly unlikable, or have major flaws? Can our candidate be the voice of reason against partisan insiders (think Jesse Ventura in MN in 1998)?

A winning strategy would be to strongly support a few campaigns that meet all three criteria the best.

So my thoughts on the RP Republicans are these:

1) Seek out as many campaigns that meet the above criteria as we can.

2) Promote these campaigns heavily on these forums for the above stated reasons.

3) Prepare money bombs for these campaigns (maybe $25 a piece instead of $100?) for the March/April time period.

4) We win. RP Republicans control the balance of power in Congress in 2009. =)

Laja
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Best of luck to Murray Sabrin!

wortguy
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
gave Murray a few hundred already.....I hate politicians, and here I am going broke giving 2 of them my hard earned cash!
;-)

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
This U.S. Senate race in New Jersey is a perfect opportunity to expand this movement beyond the Ron Paul presidential race. I think we can raise $2 Million for Murray Sabrin fairly quickly. Hell, we raised almost $2 Million for Ron Paul yesterday in a single day. Imagine all the jaws that would hit the ground if Murray Sabrin announced that he raised $2 Million from Ron Paul supporters in a relatively short period of time and is prepared to raise millions more to win this U.S. Senate seat.

Karrl
01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Heck yes! There should be a forum and even a website that is dedicated to making visible ALL politicians running in the like of Ron Paul.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 10:05 PM
////

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 10:06 PM
This U.S. Senate race in New Jersey is a perfect opportunity to expand this movement beyond the Ron Paul presidential race. I think we can raise $2 Million for Murray Sabrin fairly quickly. Hell, we raised almost $2 Million for Ron Paul yesterday in a single day. Imagine all the jaws that would hit the ground if Murray Sabrin announced that he raised $2 Million from Ron Paul supporters in a relatively short period of time and is prepared to raise millions more to win this U.S. Senate seat.

Good. Yes, we can us that to expand it. Louisiana caucus is a good time to pump torchbearer too, so both events can be used :)

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Why are the candidates pigioned holed under "liberty candidates" in a subforum no one can find.

This is just stupid. We seem to lose so many opportunities because someone takes the initiative away from most of us for whatever reason.

First, liberty candidates sounds too much like "libertarian" candidates. It needs to be named Ron Paul Republicans, just like the name we choose for ourselves!

Second, it needs to be moved to where everyone can see, most of us don't even know its there. A sub forum off grasssroots central makes sense.

Third, it needs to be pumped!! a little instead of hiding it. Geeze, this could have helped a month ago, instead of stories about "electibility" we could have had stories about other candidates running on Ron Paul's platform, a definite movement and interesting article for outsiders to read.

Man, I'm steamed and MAD that that was placed that in an out of way place, badly named, and no effort at publicity.

Still time to rectify the situation with the new endorsement as being a reason to bring it out though.

I totally agree.

rfbz
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
imagine how much power we could have to get these limited government guys in the senate and the house. This is excellent, and whatever happens this presidential election, we should stick together to support these people running

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:09 PM
imagine how much power we could have to get these limited government guys in the senate and the house. This is excellent, and whatever happens this presidential election, we should stick together to support these people running

As Benjamin Franklin (or one of the Founding Fathers) said at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, "we must all hang together or we shall surely hang separately!"

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Heck yes! There should be a forum and even a website that is dedicated to making visible ALL politicians running in the like of Ron Paul.

There are a few candidates that have been mentioned running a very similar platform not on the list, and probably people we don't know; left in the wilderness by the neocons like us.

The idea mentioned earlier about giving a lot of money to the candidate Ron Paul just endorsed to show how beneficial it is is to be known as a Ron Paul republican is a good one. We'll end up with a lot more Ron Paul republicans :)

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
A couple years ago I thought out a plan for how a moderate libertarian party could be successful. Part of that was deciding on the best use of limited party resources, and I think that could apply to the Ron Paul Republicans running for congress.

The idea is to identify the most promising races and divert out resources to only the best. The promising races can be identified by the following criteria:

A) Quality of the candidate. How engaging is he/she? Can he/she relate well to the general electorate? Is he/she a good spokesman for the principals?

B) Libertarian leanings of the electorate. Some places are just much more ready for a libertarian representative than others. Massachusetts? No. Alaska? Maybe.

c) Winnability of the race. Is there an incumbent to unseat? Much better if there isn't. Are the other candidates particularly unlikable, or have major flaws? Can our candidate be the voice of reason against partisan insiders (think Jesse Ventura in MN in 1998)?

A winning strategy would be to strongly support a few campaigns that meet all three criteria the best.

So my thoughts on the RP Republicans are these:

1) Seek out as many campaigns that meet the above criteria as we can.

2) Promote these campaigns heavily on these forums for the above stated reasons.

3) Prepare money bombs for these campaigns (maybe $25 a piece instead of $100?) for the March/April time period.

4) We win. RP Republicans control the balance of power in Congress in 2009. =)

I agree with all of the above. A key point in my opinion is being able to relate to the general electorate.

RobotJaxxon
01-22-2008, 10:14 PM
There are a few candidates that have been mentioned running a very similar platform not on the list, and probably people we don't know; left in the wilderness by the neocons like us.

The idea mentioned earlier about giving a lot of money to the candidate Ron Paul just endorsed to show how beneficial it is is to be known as a Ron Paul republican is a good one. We're end up with a lot more Ron Paul republicans :)

Yes, agreed!

But we have to be careful we don't end up with a new breed of RINO: the RPRINO (Ron Paul Republicans In Name Only)!

I'd say anyone who's been an active participant in the grassroots is pretty safe. And anyone Ron Paul will film a video endorsement for. =)

rfbz
01-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Murray Sabrin needs a donation widget just like RP, with something like "$3 million to win the senate" (or however much is usually necessary for a senate campaign). People like to see progress and their donations making an impact, it would help immensely.

jabrownie
01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Here is a site with all of the RP Congressional candidates thus far: http://www.paulcongress.com/Candidates.html

RobotJaxxon
01-22-2008, 10:24 PM
I agree with all of the above. A key point in my opinion is being able to relate to the general electorate.

Thanks. I feel this is very important, and have put a lot of thought into this. This I believe is a major flaw in the strategy of the Libertarian party. They spread their resources too thin on too many elections they cannot win.

US House races are perfect. An organized Ron Paul grassroots movement could financially dominate 5 to 10 house races. Senate races are more difficult, but a couple good situations could work out well. I'm a bit skeptical of NJ being a good bet... but I could be wrong.

I just don't want to see a list of 50 people running in different races around the country and the r3VOLution in disarray over who to support.

Arkris
01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Any U.S. citizen residing anywhere can donate to any congressional/Senate campaign. If you look on any incumbent's donor lists, you will find numerous out of state contributors. If we focused on a certain number of congressional campaigns, and raised the same amount of money for them that we have raised for Ron Paul thus far, we could really sweep those seats.

Depending on the media market, you only need a minimum $500,000 to be considered a serious contender for a House seat and a minimum $2,000,000 to be considered a serious contender for a Senate seat. However, for New Jersey, we would need to raise at least $5,000,000 because that is an expensive media market.

Thanks for the info, Thomas Paine.

Just donated $50.

Lets show the Republican party that the R3VoJution doesn't just end with at White House.

fuzzybekool
01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Donate to this fine gentleman. IF word gets out that Ron Paul Politicians can get funded and win elections, imagine what that would do to the establishment?

Changing it from the inside one person at a time.

Wooohoooo !

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Another state that looks ripe for the Revolution is Louisiana. It sounds like the Ron Paul grass roots really put a good operation together down there. Also, I came across some MSM article (I won't take the time to look for it now) where the Louisiana congressional delegation is really weak now because a couple of members have been charged or will be indicted for corruption. Plus, people in Louisiana have to be fed up with government in general after the Hurricane Katrina (right name?) fiasco.

specsaregood
01-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Murray Sabrin needs a donation widget just like RP, with something like "$3 million to win the senate" (or however much is usually necessary for a senate campaign). People like to see progress and their donations making an impact, it would help immensely.

Agreed. torchbearer here has one on his site:
http://www.joinsanders.com/

At some point we should put together a "Slate" and have a moneybomb for all of them one day.

Ara825
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM

What about Tucker?

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks. I feel this is very important, and have put a lot of thought into this. This I believe is a major flaw in the strategy of the Libertarian party. They spread their resources too thin on too many elections they cannot win.

US House races are perfect. An organized Ron Paul grassroots movement could financially dominate 5 to 10 house races. Senate races are more difficult, but a couple good situations could work out well. I'm a bit skeptical of NJ being a good bet... but I could be wrong.

I just don't want to see a list of 50 people running in different races around the country and the r3VOLution in disarray over who to support.

I agree. To avoid spreading our efforts too thin for this election, maybe focus our efforts on about 20 seats in the U.S. House. We can then expand this initial group to include another 20 seats in the following election cycle.

As for the U.S. Senate, maybe only focus on 2 or 3 seats at the maximum. A third of the U.S. Senate comes up for re-election every two years so if we get 2 or 3 Ron Paul Republicans elected to the Senate each cycle then after six years we'll have 6-9 Ron Paul Republicans in the U.S. Senate. If Joe Lieberman can seemingly hold the balance of power in the U.S. Senate, imagine what 6-9 Ron Paul Republicans can do in the U.S. Senate.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Agreed. torchbearer here has one on his site:
http://www.joinsanders.com/

At some point we should put together a "Slate" and have a moneybomb for all of them one day.

I've always enjoyed Torchbearer's posts. That's great that he's running.

Also, check out the running counter on his website for the national debt that is increasing every second. It just makes one sick.

Mark Rushmore
01-22-2008, 10:37 PM

I suggested as much to his campaign manager, I suppose I'll suggest it again.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 10:43 PM
FYI: We can consider cross advertising too. Advertisements for a Ron Paul Republican can by its nature advertise Ron Paul too.

RPC - Ron Paul Republican

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:43 PM
I just had a fantasy that may upset some people but indulge me for a moment. If by chance Ron Paul doesn't win the GOP nomination for President but he gets re-elected to Congress, and a sufficient number of Ron Paul Republicans happened to get elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, and circumstances arise where these Ron Paul Republicans hold the balance of power in the U.S. House, then maybe Ron Paul could be elevated to Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. (I realize there are a lot of "ifs" in this fantasy.) Ok, back to reality now.

RobotJaxxon
01-22-2008, 10:44 PM
I agree. To avoid spreading our efforts too thin for this election, maybe focus our efforts on about 20 seats in the U.S. House. We can then expand this initial group to include another 20 seats in the following election cycle.

As for the U.S. Senate, maybe only focus on 2 or 3 seats at the maximum. A third of the U.S. Senate comes up for re-election every two years so if we get 2 or 3 Ron Paul Republicans elected to the Senate each cycle then after six years we'll have 6-9 Ron Paul Republicans in the U.S. Senate. If Joe Lieberman can seemingly hold the balance of power in the U.S. Senate, imagine what 6-9 Ron Paul Republicans can do in the U.S. Senate.

I think even 20 races may be too many.

Looking at the latest money bomb... conservatively estimating a total of $2M in a Congressional Money Bomb, divided over 20 races would be only $100k each. If it was limited to 10 races, $200k would be much more significant.

Is there anyway a website could be set up to make it easier to donate to multiple candidates without having to go to each campaign website individually? Maybe enter your info once and it is automatically diverted to each page? I guess a much more painful option would be to set up a PAC... *shudder*

RobotJaxxon
01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
I just had a fantasy that may upset some people but indulge me for a moment. If by chance Ron Paul doesn't win the GOP nomination for President but he gets re-elected to Congress, and a sufficient number of Ron Paul Republicans happened to get elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, and circumstances arise where these Ron Paul Republicans hold the balance of power in the U.S. House, then maybe Ron Paul could be elevated to Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. (I realize there are a lot of "ifs" in this fantasy.) Ok, back to reality now.

He'd be TWO heartbeats away from the Presidency! ha ha! :D

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 10:50 PM

Looking at the latest money bomb... conservatively estimating a total of $2M in a Congressional Money Bomb, divided over 20 races would be only $100k each. If it was limited to 10 races, $200k would be much more significant.

Is there anyway a website could be set up to make it easier to donate to multiple candidates without having to go to each campaign website individually? Maybe enter your info once and it is automatically diverted to each page? I guess a much more painful option would be to set up a PAC... *shudder*

We would have to setup something like ActBlue, which is established for liberal candidates for public office. Here is the link just for the purpose of providing an example (not to actually donate to it). I don't see why we couldn't establish and improve upon a similar website for Ron Paul Republican candidates. BTW, maybe start off by targeting 10 races in the U.S. House of Representatives.

http://www.actblue.com/

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
FYI: We can consider cross advertising too. Advertisements for a Ron Paul Republican can by its nature advertise Ron Paul too.

RPC - Ron Paul Republican

Excellent idea. Target the electorate with a dual ad. Ron Paul for president, then list the Ron Paul republican running in the local district, focusing the ad on the fact that support is growing around the country, claiming this is the "new Reagan revolution."

Peace&Freedom
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM

Perhaps such a site could automatically divide the core donation and distribute it and the required FEC info to each candidate. So long as it was clearly disclosed to the donor this is where the money would go, and that each candidate was a vetted Ron Paul Republican, there shouldn't be a problem. The grassroots should certainly direct those who have maxed out on their contributions to Paul to such a congressional project.

RobotJaxxon
01-22-2008, 10:58 PM
We would have to setup something like ActBlue, which is established for liberal candidates for public office. Here is the link just for the purpose of providing an example (not to actually donate to it). I don't see why we couldn't establish and improve upon a similar website for Ron Paul Republican candidates. BTW, maybe start off by targeting 10 races in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Strangely, I was at that site for the first time earlier today for a very different reason.

Agreed, something like that could work well!

Knightskye
01-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Get on it New Jersey

He's got my vote. :D

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Excellent idea. Target the electorate with a dual ad. Ron Paul for president, then list the Ron Paul republican running in the local district, focusing the ad on the fact that support is growing around the country, claiming this is the "new Reagan revolution."

Excellent user name for your post :)

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 11:11 PM

A website as well as a sub-forum would be excellent starts :)

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 11:13 PM
I have no idea how to create websites or else I would volunteer. Hopefully someone with the skills and time can step forward.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
https://sabrinforsenate.com/img/banner_04.jpg

Like this image from sabrin's site :)

RPfan
01-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Ron Paul Revolution must continue and spread!

RobotJaxxon
01-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I have no idea how to create websites or else I would volunteer. Hopefully someone with the skills and time can step forward.

I'm not so good with web pages either. I'm all about working on strategy though. :D

xflashjr
01-22-2008, 11:24 PM
haha I can not wait till I turn 35 (just 10 more years!) I am going to run for congress ans many times as it takes!

I can not wait till the day my children ask me what a neocon is ans I have to explain them is what t he republican party USED to be!

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Ron Paul Revolution must continue and spread!

QFT!

Minlawc
01-23-2008, 12:02 AM
haha I can not wait till I turn 35 (just 10 more years!) I am going to run for congress ans many times as it takes!

I can not wait till the day my children ask me what a neocon is ans I have to explain them is what t he republican party USED to be!

I thought you only had to be 25 to run for the house of representative and 30 for the senate. Am I wrong?

You should be able to run for representative...

Thomas Paine
01-23-2008, 12:08 AM
I thought you only had to be 25 to run for the house of representative and 30 for the senate. Am I wrong?

You should be able to run for representative...

You are correct according to Article I (I think) of the U.S. Constitution.

LandonCook
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
I bet he feels like a million bucks... too bad we are all to broke to give it to him.

Spideynw
01-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Contributed $10.

Santana28
01-23-2008, 01:55 AM
okay, why is noone running for Hastert's spot in IL???

crazyfingers
01-23-2008, 06:32 AM
bump for http://www.libertycongress.org/

Airborn
01-23-2008, 06:57 AM
bump, this is how we win right here.

itshappening
01-23-2008, 10:05 AM
bump for NJ

PatriotOne
01-23-2008, 07:49 PM
This is exciting! I donated $20....we need a mini bomb. Where's are webpage designers?

FluxCapacitor
01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
The Ron Paul endorsement was enough to get me interested.

If Murray Sabrin makes a 30-second video explaining why he's running for senate and tells us about his underlying philosophy, I'll donate $50.

It would be so cool to see other people in congress taking the Constitution seriously. It must get kinda lonely for Ron Paul sometimes.

gregb
01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
I sort of like the idea of "one at a time" - so if Murray Sabrin needs eg 2,000,000 then have a campaign to get it but coordinate it with Sabrin so that whatever money his existing supporters have promised gets donated on that day too, so that the Ron Paul supporters can share the load yet at the same time get publicity for the next person that gets Dr Paul's endorsement - whose already pledged money comes in on the same day of his Dr Paul mini-money bomb.

I think that the advantage lies with the amounts you can donate - some who are maxed on Ron Paul (but not yet insolvent) can donate more money yet, plus a few big donations from Sabrin's personal supporters makes it easier to get 2,000,000 on one day, hence tons of publicity for the effort, etc.

Thomas Paine
01-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Bump!

Royksopp
01-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Proof the revolution will live on far, FAR past this presidential bid no matter how it may turn out.

m72mc
01-26-2008, 07:51 AM
nice hope he gets elected..he must be, the revolution has spoken

LibertyEagle
01-26-2008, 08:50 AM

Ron Paul Candidates Seeking Office

Azprint
01-26-2008, 08:59 AM
It is good and stuff but you have to create a wikipedia entry for the man. Folks like me use wiki info to base decision on.

trout007
01-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Dr. Paul founded the Liberty Caucus a while ago. You can see the members here.

http://www.rlc.org/

Jim_Karr
01-26-2008, 09:19 AM
This is how the Revolution is going to work for now. This is a very good idea people. Like been mentioned before. Once others see how powerful the revolution is and can get people money to be elected,this country can be taken back. I would expect these people to be delegates also and should vote for Ron Paul unconditional. This could be a tilt in our favor once the word starts spreading. You work for us we will work for you. But we must only use the people that Ron Paul endorses or might end up with sleepers who pretend to be on our side just to use us.

Thomas Paine
01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Bump!

Thomas Paine
01-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Bump!

Kombaiyashii
01-27-2008, 05:56 AM
How many people are running Ron Paul's policies?

Thomas Paine
01-27-2008, 06:31 AM
How many people are running Ron Paul's policies?

There is a list of Ron Paul Republican candidates floating around somewhere.