PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of a Revolution

HardFought
01-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Hello my fellow Americans. When I come and read these message boards I see people with a lot of passion, energy and talent. I love to see so many people coming together and being so inspired by the ideas of freedom and liberty.

Now to the blood and gut’s

The Ron Paul grassroots effort by far is most successful in US presidential campaign history. This campaign will be studied by all our enemies for the next four years. By the 2012 elections every campaign will try to emulate it.

In my opinion at this point people need to start having serious talks about putting some of this passion, energy and talent into organizing a national 527 type of organization.

I believe the revolution in part needs to evolve. This group would be a more focused and better organized political action group. This group would be based on the platform that we all embrace. More importantly it gives us the ability to go after Democrats and Republicans who try to stand in the way of our message. It gives us the ability to attack our opponents from outside the main campaign.
Democrats have a slew of groups like this( i.e. moveon.org ) and they’re all just waiting to see who the Republican nominee is going to be and then they will unleash the dogs of war.

A group like this would give some of the grassroots people a place to focus their time energy and resources into something that will have a much more dramatic effect on the election and the political landscape. It’s not enough anymore just to tell people how good Dr. Ron Paul is. We need the ability to point out how bad the other candidates are.

I think it’s time to add a new weapon to revolutions arsenal. One that looks at the whole political landscape and picks a target based on how much damage can be done (against our opponents) to further our cause.

I think this would be the natural evolution in the revolution. I’m willing to put my time and effort into something like this. I believe a group like this will have a much larger impact on the political landscape and have a direct impact on the election.

Thank you

hillertexas
01-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Interesting...
Welcome to the forum! :)

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
No campaign will be able to emulate this grassroots because...

IT'S THE CONSTITUTION, NOT THE MAN!

read it here...

http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/constitution.html

So unless a candidate pledges to strictly follow the letter of the Constitution, and better yet associates himself directly with Ron Paul, and better still has a voting record to back him up...

...no rEVOLution for him/her!

edit: but yes, the grassroots must morph into something to outlast Ron Paul's Presidential campaign. See Liberty Forest on this forum for a good start.

Xonox
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Great first post! Yes, this will evolve into a greater movement, and indeed it has already begun to move in that direction. Win or lose, this campaign will leave a lasting impact on US politics. But I think it is too soon to move into the next phase... that wont happen until at least the end of the primaries... until then, I'm focusing all my effort on Ron Paul.

MsDoodahs
01-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Welcome!

Interesting idea. Are you thinking that such a group would be long term and exist/work far beyond this election?

Do you think that instead of a 527, an unofficial group could accomplish more through using a series of disposable, single purpose PACs, one for each specific goal?

Xonox
01-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Maybe you've already seen this http://www.sabrinforsenate.com/ (New Jersey pay attention) :D

Fields
01-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Very thought provoking.

HardFought
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
I believe something long term that lasts beyond the election is a must. When Ron Paul wins the election it will be like getting our foot in the door. The Democrats and the Republicans are going to make us fight for every inch once we are inside. That means putting pressure on these people even after the election to make them work with him.

I believe that a permanent organization gives a long-term face to our cause. We all know name recognition can be everything. Over the course of time we can build trust with the American people. Once we have their trust they will be more likely to listen to what we have to say.

Thank you

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Isn't there a Ron Paul Republican running for Congress in one of the Carolinas???

FreeTraveler
01-22-2008, 09:04 PM
If we TRULY believe in the free market, let's not try to put this under a single banner. I think an unofficial group, centered around Meetups and RPF, could fund and participate in any number of initiatives and candidates, from local school taxes and board members up to president, as well as providing effective feedback to our congresscritters.

If we try to wrap an "official" flag around the whole thing, lots of good ideas will get lost because some "official" decides they don't make the cut. Look at how we performed, with lots of ideas financed that didn't make the "official HQ" cut.

I think the important thing is to get a set of "Liberty Forest" meetups set up, so that they can parallel the Liberty Forest forums after the name change. Liberty Forest Forums can serve as a nerve center for the meetus, much as Ron Paul Forums serves that purpose for the Ron Paul Meetups today.

Welcome!

Interesting idea. Are you thinking that such a group would be long term and exist/work far beyond this election?

Do you think that instead of a 527, an unofficial group could accomplish more through using a series of disposable, single purpose PACs, one for each specific goal?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 09:04 PM
I like this idea. So it's a 527?

Let's do it. I've got some funds sitting in my paypal account itching for ACTION.

McWarmonger should be our first target.