PDA

View Full Version : How to win TN from Fred (and now Huck)

Matt Collins
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Without Fred – how to now win Tennessee:

Everyone had assumed Fred would win his home state of Tennessee. Since Fred has dropped out Tennessee is up for grabs.

STRATEGIC ANALYSIS:

- Huckabee is Ron Paul’s biggest threat in Tennessee because he is a Baptist minister. However many conservatives in the State will be voting on the illegal immigration issue and are strongly against Huckabee because of his record on the issue.

- McCain is our second biggest threat, however many Republicans consider him liberal due to his stances on illegal immigration and his voting record

- Romney most likely won’t do well in Tennessee

- Rudy won’t do well in Tennessee

Many of our non-advocacy phone calls have yielded the fact that most of those voters who were not supporting Fred are still undecided.

Since Ron Paul is now the ONLY REPUBLICAN with offices in Tennessee (Nashville (HQ), Memphis, Cleveland and Tullahoma), and is the ONLY REPUBLICAN actively campaigning in the State, Tennessee is ours for the taking.

This is not to mention that the primary is open so that we can pull from the independent/Democrat voting bloc, and the delegate system is NOT winner take all. Ron Paul has the most delegates on the ballot. DELEGATES CAN BE WON IN TN!!!

We need to run radio spots on conservative talk radio stations ASAP in order to absorb all of Fred’s former supporters before they decide to vote for Huck or McCain. If we want to win Tennessee, then we need to target advertising to the voters in the State.

Running TV ads on selected TV stations would be also beneficial.

WTN is the largest and most listened to conservative talk station in the Middle Tennessee area. WLAC carries Rush and Hannity. 94 The Fish is a local Christian for-profit powerhouse.

Radio spots on WTN are $112 (1-8pm), $86 (5a-1p)
WLAC: $30 at peak (mid-day) $20 for morning drive, and $20 for afternoon drive
94.1 The Fish: $45 is the most expensive, $35 is medium, and $15 is least expensive
(all spots are 30 seconds)

I also have the rate card for Comcast for advertising on cable channels if anyone wants that.

I have contact for each and every station mentioned above collecting dust. I also have information for media outlets in other parts of the state.

PLEASE don't let TN go to waste because the State is low hanging fruit for winning over conservatives and getting more RP delegates to the convention.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO BUY ADVERTISING IN TENNESSEE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
deja post?

Matt Collins
01-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes, it belongs in a couple of sections

ConstitutionGal
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I almost ran off the road today when I heard Phil Valentine say that Ron Paul was the ONLY Conservative left in the race but THEN, he followed that up with the 'he can't win' garbage!!!! All three of the 99.7 local hosts (morning & evening) have been on the Fred Thompson bandwagon as well as the morning guy on WLAC. They all HAVE to know, as Valentine pointed out, that Dr. Paul is the last conservative standing and STILL they refuse to seriously throw their support behind him!!! All three SAY they don't support him because of the whole islamoterrorists BS but I'm REALLY starting to wonder if it might now have something to do with the fact that ClearChannel owns the darned station!!

On a brighter note, I've already been in touch with several Fred supporters who are now solidly in our camp simply because the other Republican candidates have ALL supported illegal immigraiton in one form or another and folks here in TN are MAD about being over-run by illegals. THIS single issue can win TN for us if we can just get some really GOOD ads out there and spread the word every chance we get!

Matt Collins
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Yes - I will see Phil tomorrow night and see what he has to say about it. It should be an interesting conversation to say the least...

Oh and Clear Channel doesn't own WTN (thank God) ;-)

HarryBrowneLives
01-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Valentine is a decent fella. He is the most receptive to our cause. Steve Gill and the rest in Nashville are a lost cause.

Furthermore, they are working hard to (A) Bash Huck as a "Liberal" (B) Push folks to hold their nose and vote for Flip Romney. We have to refer to him as "Flip".

On another note, some of these hosts are pushing the idea from the Heritage foundation of What Would Reagan Do? 1. Reagan, in all of his writings, speeches, and most of his actions was adamatly opposed to the idea of nation building ... i.e the speech for Goldwater in '64 ... "we occupy NO countries, etc." They are being very selective about that and we should remind them of it.

Aside from Valentine, a lot of these guys will cut you off if you talk about RP.

1. Counter the "he can't win thing"
(A) 40,000 more votes than Julie Annie (Julie Annie only did less events in NH than Romney and got 9%) (We could (and have with 14% in Navada) get double digits in FL if we camped out and spent our whole wad too, but we compete in a lot of places for Super Tues now)
(B) $11 million in the bank
(C) What's up with all these signs around town, bumper stickers, etc.?
(D) All done WITHOUT the media attention
(E) Be calm, nice, and polite.

If you don't get or want to talk about RP, you can do it covertly:

2. They will continue to bash Huckleberry as a economic Liberal, Mclovin (McCain) as NO conservative, and say that "FLIP" isn't perfect but our best choice. We have to keep bashing "FLIP" to suppress the vote. The Huckleberry people will still vote for him minus the fence setters. No real conservative will vote for Mclovin after the talk host are done with him. No one will turn out for Julie Annie if he's still in the race. That leaves RP to turn out the vote.

Ads? Immigration, Immigration, Immigration.

Got it?

Matt Collins
01-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Valentine is a decent fella. He is the most receptive to our cause. Steve Gill and the rest in Nashville are a lost cause.Ralph Bristol the morning show host on WTN has endorsed him today.

I think that Gill might be coming around (I've heard rumors)

Aside from Valentine, a lot of these guys will cut you off if you talk about RP.

1. Counter the "he can't win thing"
(A) 40,000 more votes than Julie Annie (Julie Annie only did less events in NH than Romney and got 9%) (We could (and have with 14% in Navada) get double digits in FL if we camped out and spent our whole wad too, but we compete in a lot of places for Super Tues now)
(B) $11 million in the bank
(C) What's up with all these signs around town, bumper stickers, etc.?
(D) All done WITHOUT the media attention
(E) Be calm, nice, and polite.

If you don't get or want to talk about RP, you can do it covertly:

2. They will continue to bash Huckleberry as a economic Liberal, Mclovin (McCain) as NO conservative, and say that "FLIP" isn't perfect but our best choice. We have to keep bashing "FLIP" to suppress the vote. The Huckleberry people will still vote for him minus the fence setters. No real conservative will vote for Mclovin after the talk host are done with him. No one will turn out for Julie Annie if he's still in the race. That leaves RP to turn out the vote.

Ads? Immigration, Immigration, Immigration.

Got it?

Good advice. Call Phil at 1800-618-PHIL. The BEST time to reach him is between 2-4pm CST.

Matt Collins
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Bump

Badger Paul
01-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Getting an endorsement from Jimmy Duncan would help A LOT! Now that Thompson is out, it's time to ask him to endorse his friend and fellow antiwar Republican Ron Paul

HarryBrowneLives
01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Another thing to add to my response about the talk hosts above:

McCain will try to get most of his votes from independents. We need to tackle that one hard with the precinct captains. We will get the small LP vote ... most with the LPTN are onboard now. I assume the small Constitution members as well. We can do this with the Independents, we beat Mclame with 'em in Iowa and Nevada.

The talk hosts are trying to "steer" this thing to Romney at this point. In so doing they have to bash a lot of people to do so. Huckabee=economic liberal, McCain=another Democrat, Ron Paul=can't win.

So, we need only bash "Flip" Romney= Ran against Reagan philosophy in Taxachusetts, Fliped on abortion, can't be trusted. They will continue to do the rest of our work for us, making sure that no one gets too exited about anybody.

Matt Collins
01-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Illegal immigration is a HUGE issue in TN

dirka
01-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Have there been any polls to see if we are picking up Fred's supporters or not???

Matt Collins
01-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Have there been any polls to see if we are picking up Fred's supporters or not???

No I dont think so. It's a bit too soon for that in my opinion