PDA

View Full Version : How to win TN from Fred (and now Huck)

Matt Collins
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Without Fred Ė how to now win Tennessee:

Everyone had assumed Fred would win his home state of Tennessee. Since Fred has dropped out Tennessee is up for grabs.

STRATEGIC ANALYSIS:

- Huckabee is Ron Paulís biggest threat in Tennessee because he is a Baptist minister. However many conservatives in the State will be voting on the illegal immigration issue and are strongly against Huckabee because of his record on the issue.

- McCain is our second biggest threat, however many Republicans consider him liberal due to his stances on illegal immigration and his voting record

- Romney most likely wonít do well in Tennessee

- Rudy wonít do well in Tennessee

Many of our non-advocacy phone calls have yielded the fact that most of those voters who were not supporting Fred are still undecided.

Since Ron Paul is now the ONLY REPUBLICAN with offices in Tennessee (Nashville (HQ), Memphis, Cleveland and Tullahoma), and is the ONLY REPUBLICAN actively campaigning in the State, Tennessee is ours for the taking.

This is not to mention that the primary is open so that we can pull from the independent/Democrat voting bloc, and the delegate system is NOT winner take all. Ron Paul has the most delegates on the ballot. DELEGATES CAN BE WON IN TN!!!

We need to run radio spots on conservative talk radio stations ASAP in order to absorb all of Fredís former supporters before they decide to vote for Huck or McCain. If we want to win Tennessee, then we need to target advertising to the voters in the State.

Running TV ads on selected TV stations would be also beneficial.

WTN is the largest and most listened to conservative talk station in the Middle Tennessee area. WLAC carries Rush and Hannity. 94 The Fish is a local Christian for-profit powerhouse.

Radio spots on WTN are $112 (1-8pm), $86 (5a-1p)
WLAC: $30 at peak (mid-day) $20 for morning drive, and $20 for afternoon drive
94.1 The Fish: $45 is the most expensive, $35 is medium, and $15 is least expensive
(all spots are 30 seconds)

I also have the rate card for Comcast for advertising on cable channels if anyone wants that.

I have contact for each and every station mentioned above collecting dust. I also have information for media outlets in other parts of the state.

PLEASE don't let TN go to waste because the State is low hanging fruit for winning over conservatives and getting more RP delegates to the convention.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO BUY ADVERTISING IN TENNESSEE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Does the office in Nashville hand out free yard signs?

Matt Collins
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Does the office in Nashville hand out free yard signs?
Yes - come by and get one. Call first though 615-730-7300

Address:
9 Music Sqr West

jmdrake
01-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Matt, I didn't realize radio adverts were so cheap. I can at least buy a $15 spot.

nate895
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Go Tennessee. I hope I can put a few in the win column on Super dee Duper Giga Mega Tuesday, if not only to laugh in my social studies teacher's face the day after.

Leroy_Jenkems
01-22-2008, 09:25 PM
For anybody in the East TN area, I'd like to get some ad time on FM100.3 WNOX-Knoxville. Reply to me or Matt if you're interested in getting some Ron Paul ad airtime. -Chad

emeriste
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I would be willing to chip in on this if any of you can put together a radio ad we can listen to. I think it should be someone with the local accent. But I honestly think an ad that is clearly made by 'just a concerned citizen speaking directly to his fellow Vols' could go over very well. It doesn't have to sound flashy it has to sound sincere.

www.WeLoveFreedom.com

Matt Collins
01-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Yes - I can produce them with no problems.

emeriste
01-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Okay Matt, just put it together and let us hear it, I'm sure many people like me will be happy to donate for a finished product. I can be reached here if needed WeLoveFreedom[@]gmail.com

www.WeLoveFreedom.com

ConstitutionGal
01-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Yes - I can produce them with no problems.

Matt,

Our anti-illegal immigration group (state-wide) is working on an official endorsement of Dr. Paul so let me know if you need us.

Theresa

Matt Collins
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Matt,

Our anti-illegal immigration group (state-wide) is working on an official endorsement of Dr. Paul so let me know if you need us.

Theresa
Here is the illegal immigration/sovereignty script I have at this point in time for a 30 second ad:

IMMIGRATION:
Maybe you are unfamiliar with Dr. Ron Paul

As President, Ron Paul will secure our borders. Ron Paul will not let illegal immigrants receive amnesty, or any form of welfare. Ron Paul also wants to end birthright citizenship.

Ron Paul doesnít want a North American Union, the NAFTA Superhighway, or the US to be involved with the WTO or the UN.

If you agree with Ron Paulís plan to take back our country, remember to vote for Ron Paul in the upcoming election. Learn more about Ron Paul at www dot Ron Paul two thousand and eight dot com.

CorkyAgain
01-23-2008, 12:41 PM
What are the legal requirements regarding ads of this type?

Do you need to get approval from the official campaign and include the "I'm Ron Paul and I approved this ad" blurb?

Matt Collins
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
What are the legal requirements regarding ads of this type?

Do you need to get approval from the official campaign and include the "I'm Ron Paul and I approved this ad" blurb?

No - it just needs to say "paid for by -----"

Matt Collins
01-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Bump

Scott Wilson
01-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Have we got any sort of funding happening for Nashville radio ads Matt?

I am doing very well in my precinct and Tennessee is ripe for Ron Paul with Fred quitting.

Matt Collins
01-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Have we got any sort of funding happening for Nashville radio ads Matt?

I am doing very well in my precinct and Tennessee is ripe for Ron Paul with Fred quitting.

I've had a few promises for $50 or so, but nothing else yet.

tommyzDad
01-29-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm a Virginian, but

BUMP!