PDA

View Full Version : $23M Meetup Group Donation Competition

HippyInASuit
01-22-2008, 08:18 PM
I saw this post in the war room and liked the idea. Sounds like there was a Meetup Group challenge in the past? The idea is to do it again.

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=2635

He talks about a 30 day time frame though, and we have less than half that time.

faisal
01-22-2008, 08:41 PM
meet up competition... good idea

brooklynzoo81
01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Let's do this! one big final push for 23 Million in one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can anyone not notice 23 million in one day.

sgrooms
01-22-2008, 08:58 PM
we would have to coordinate this with HQ. they need to give each meetup group a donation code, and then have it reported on their website who is in the lead. awesome idea!

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Good idea.

I was also thinking of soliciting donations from wall street types. 2300 is just a drop in the bucket to them, and many of them might just like to keep Ron Paul's criticism of the Federal Reserve in public view.

Benaiah
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
we would have to coordinate this with HQ. they need to give each meetup group a donation code, and then have it reported on their website who is in the lead. awesome idea!

I agree. Maybe the campaign could give a prize to the meetup that gives the most.

sgrooms
01-22-2008, 09:06 PM
who has an inside contact at HQ?

mxktm185
01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Sounds like it could really work. It seems like the biggest obstacle to overcome w/ fundraising is motivation. Giving everyone a goal & competition to reach it would create a ton of motivation.

How was the last Meetup competition organized? Was it coordinated directly w/ campaign HQ?

Anyone know the best way to get this rolling? Contact HQ? Contact all the Meetups? Make a website?

Time is of the essence. Let's do this!

Knightskye
01-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Each Meetup would have to raise about $15,000 (23 million/1565).

Or we could just find 10,000 Ron Paul supporters (or normal people) to donate $2,300.

But I have a question. What's going to happen with this money if Super Tuesday's in two weeks? It seems like this money would be used for all the other primaries that come after Super Tuesday...

Naraku
01-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Didn't the campaign appoint a guy to talk to the grassroots?

DealzOnWheelz
01-22-2008, 11:02 PM
It doesn't matter whether its used for super tuesday or after we need to focus on getting money and getting delegates

gracebkr
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Sounds like it could really work. It seems like the biggest obstacle to overcome w/ fundraising is motivation. Giving everyone a goal & competition to reach it would create a ton of motivation.

How was the last Meetup competition organized? Was it coordinated directly w/ campaign HQ?

Anyone know the best way to get this rolling? Contact HQ? Contact all the Meetups? Make a website?

Time is of the essence. Let's do this!

Yeah, the winning group with the most donations should get Ron Paul autographs or something. I would say meet Ron Paul, but I am sure there are pretty large groups and that would cost way too much. We should also have honorable mentions for small groups who have very active members, hey we can't help we are from BFE.

Suzu
01-22-2008, 11:11 PM

Each meetup group already has a number. Those numbers were used in the last meetup competition.