PDA

View Full Version : Something fishy in Nevada results??

Carole
01-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Something fishy in Nevada results??

I was just reading about how caucus works in Louisiana.

Suddenly it all made sense to me why both Hillary and Romney got exactly 51% of the straw poll vote in Nevada last Saturday.

If a candidate has fifty percent of that vote in a state, then the delegates are bound to vote the first vote to that candidate.

There is no way that both those candidates got exactly 51% of the vote without some help. The odds simply are not in favor of that. Yet another probable fraud perpetrated upon the people. :(

steph3n
01-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Something fishy in Nevada results??

I was just reading about how caucus works in Louisiana.

Suddenly it all made sense to me why both Hillary and Romney got exactly 51% of the straw poll vote in Nevada last Saturday.

If a candidate has fifty percent of that vote in a state, then the delegates are bound to vote the first vote to that candidate.

There is no way that both those candidates got exactly 51% of the vote without some help. The odds simply are not in favor of that. Yet another probable fraud perpetrated upon the people. :(
na that is incorrect LA and NV are different rules.

swarehouse
01-22-2008, 08:11 PM
steph3n is right. NV and LA have different caucus rules. The straw poll in NV was only a preference poll. No delegates in NV were bound to the results of the straw poll.

gerryb
01-22-2008, 08:21 PM
steph3n is right. NV and LA have different caucus rules. The straw poll in NV was only a preference poll. No delegates in NV were bound to the results of the straw poll.

And fro mwhat I hear this worked to RP's advantage as well =).. Sounds like RP actually has 40%+ of the delegates in NV, and in some locations it was a total sweep.