PDA

View Full Version : Steven LaTulippe: Ron Paul vs. the Empire

Harry96
07-30-2007, 11:50 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/latulippe/latulippe80.html

This article is an excellent look at what the Paul campaign is up against. Especially note this:

"While there are plenty of reasons for optimism, I think we need to be clear-eyed about the road ahead. If Rep. Paul somehow manages to remain a viable candidate and to seriously challenge his mainstream opponents, things will get extremely interesting. He faces a set of obstacles unlike any other candidate in my lifetime.

"When evaluating his chances, it’s important to accept one fact about contemporary America: This is not a democracy, and certainly not a constitutional republic. America is actually a carefully concealed oligarchy. A few thousand people, mostly in government, finance, and the military-industrial complex, run this country for their own purposes. By manipulating the two-party system, influencing the mainstream media, and controlling the flow of campaign finance money, this oligarchy works to secure the nomination of its preferred candidates (Democratic and Republican alike), thus giving voters a "choice" between Puppet A and Marionette B.

"Unlike the establishment’s candidates, Ron Paul is a freelancer running on three specific ideas:

1. The federal government must function within the strict guidelines of the Constitution.

2. America should deconstruct its empire, withdraw our troops from around the world and reestablish a foreign policy based on noninterventionism.

3. America should abolish the Federal Reserve Bank, eliminate fiat currency and return to hard money.

"This is not a political agenda. This is not a party platform. It is a revolution. The entire ruling oligarchy would be swept away if these ideas were ever implemented. Every sentence, every word, every jot and tittle of this agenda is unacceptable, repellent and hateful to America’s ruling elite.

"The reasons for this are fairly obvious.

"Through its control of the Federal Reserve, the banking elites make billions of dollars in unearned profits and exert enormous influence over the American economy. Countless industries and special interest groups (both foreign and domestic) have sprung up around our defense and national security budgets. The bureaucratic elites who dominate the federal government despise the Constitution’s limitations on their power and view the document as just an archaic 'piece of paper.'

"Anyone who believes these folks will simply 'walk away' if Ron Paul is elected president obviously doesn’t understand with whom they are dealing."

micahnelson
07-30-2007, 11:56 PM
This guy speaks the truth. I think the pictures of the kids was a little gratuitous.

I do like this line though:

"This is not a political agenda. This is not a party platform. It is a revolution."

That might become my sig, if i did that sort of thing.

scrosnoe
07-30-2007, 11:57 PM
the awakening continues we march on . . .

ForTheRepublic
07-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow. :eek: That really helps put things in perspective.

michaelwise
07-31-2007, 12:06 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/latulippe/latulippe80.html

This article is an excellent look at what the Paul campaign is up against. Especially note this:

"While there are plenty of reasons for optimism, I think we need to be clear-eyed about the road ahead. If Rep. Paul somehow manages to remain a viable candidate and to seriously challenge his mainstream opponents, things will get extremely interesting. He faces a set of obstacles unlike any other candidate in my lifetime.

"When evaluating his chances, it’s important to accept one fact about contemporary America: This is not a democracy, and certainly not a constitutional republic. America is actually a carefully concealed oligarchy. A few thousand people, mostly in government, finance, and the military-industrial complex, run this country for their own purposes. By manipulating the two-party system, influencing the mainstream media, and controlling the flow of campaign finance money, this oligarchy works to secure the nomination of its preferred candidates (Democratic and Republican alike), thus giving voters a "choice" between Puppet A and Marionette B.

"Unlike the establishment’s candidates, Ron Paul is a freelancer running on three specific ideas:

1. The federal government must function within the strict guidelines of the Constitution.

2. America should deconstruct its empire, withdraw our troops from around the world and reestablish a foreign policy based on noninterventionism.

3. America should abolish the Federal Reserve Bank, eliminate fiat currency and return to hard money.

"This is not a political agenda. This is not a party platform. It is a revolution. The entire ruling oligarchy would be swept away if these ideas were ever implemented. Every sentence, every word, every jot and tittle of this agenda is unacceptable, repellent and hateful to America’s ruling elite.

"The reasons for this are fairly obvious.

"Through its control of the Federal Reserve, the banking elites make billions of dollars in unearned profits and exert enormous influence over the American economy. Countless industries and special interest groups (both foreign and domestic) have sprung up around our defense and national security budgets. The bureaucratic elites who dominate the federal government despise the Constitution’s limitations on their power and view the document as just an archaic 'piece of paper.'

"Anyone who believes these folks will simply 'walk away' if Ron Paul is elected president obviously doesn’t understand with whom they are dealing."

I know implicitly well who we are up against. I am not naive. Our opportunity to strike back and take control is made possible only by our state of current economic conditions, which are in a state of decay. You ain't seen nothing yet. We must take this as opportunity to gather a foothold, increase our numbers, and strike at every opportunity. There are forces at work which will make our cause increasingly relevant as time goes by.

Harry96
07-31-2007, 12:17 AM
I especially like his comment that this not only isn't a constitutional republic any longer, it isn't even a democracy.

I've been saying for a long time that elections -- especially federal elections -- are mostly scams perpetrated by the ruling elites to con average, unsophisticated people into thinking that they control the government.

This is best evidenced by these farcical presidential elections we have every four years, where the Establishment fields two interchangeable candidates as your "choice."

If they made it obvious that there's only one party -- the Government Party -- and your choice in most elections is between Government Party Candidate A or Government Party Candidate B, people would be more likely to revolt and overthrow the whole system. So instead, the Establishment distracts people with a shell game of creating the illusion of two competing parties.

(I realize that the obvious question is, if I believe this, why am I bothering to support and work for Ron Paul? The answer is because the Establishment can't control everything, especially in this age of the Internet, and I really think he has a chance at getting elected.)

(Incidentally, if Paul gets the Republican nomination, I expect the shell game to be exposed by the Republican wing of the Establishment getting behind the Democratic nominee, probably Hillary. Although what effect this will have, or whether the average person will even notice -- or care, is impossible to say.)

angrydragon
07-31-2007, 12:49 AM
Steven LaTulippe [send him mail] is a physician currently practicing in Ohio. He was an officer in the United States Air Force for 13 years.

Just like Dr. Paul, interesting.

Kuldebar
07-31-2007, 01:52 AM
Watching CSPAN's The Washington Journal a few minutes ago, they had a talking head on who said that Ron Paul had very little money and was unable to get out meet with people to get support. Oh, he was nice enough to say Paul had more money on-hand than McCain, but that was the only positive, he further indicated that after Labor Day debate invitations would stop being sent to candidates that obviously can't win.

I sometimes wonder if these people are really on the same plane of existence as I am. But, then I realize that people that say things like that are lying bastards or at incompetent idiots.

So, the tactic appears to be: ignore Ron Paul and any support he has.

I really think attention gained by Ron Paul's "whacky fringe supporters" is a lot better than being ignored.

cac1963
07-31-2007, 03:48 AM

I've thought about that too, and part of me fantasizes that they recognize the precipice of a revolution before them and decide to lay low and allow these next four Paul years to pass while they continue working the system in the background and through the cracks until enough regulatory agencies are disbanded to allow them to take the reigns again via corporate power after the Paul presidency has lapsed.

Thor
07-31-2007, 07:14 AM
It is a tough battle we have on so many fronts.

We need to wake people up, and fight the powers that be at the same time.

It really is one of our last chances. It Paul does not win in 08, 12 will be even harder with more rules and regulations and other stuff in place.

Zydeco
07-31-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm still worried that they'll simply off Dr. Paul. Plane crash, car crash, "lone gunman" -- don't tell me someone somewhere isn't thinking about it. Scary.

Thor
07-31-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm still worried that they'll simply off Dr. Paul. Plane crash, car crash, "lone gunman" -- don't tell me someone somewhere isn't thinking about it. Scary.

I am sure that is a very real possibility. One Dr Paul is well aware of and willing to accept with this run for office.

However, if Dr Paul mobilizes the people to such a degree, and wakes them up as he is doing, then he is lighting a fire that will go on without him, IF that is what happens.

I hope that does not happen, but it is a very real possibility. But if enough people smell the freedom, it will be hard to put it back in a bottle.

Zydeco
07-31-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm worried they'll do it sooner than later, so they can write RP off in the media obituaries as a fringe candidate who was polling at only 2% when a lone gunman offed him for obscure reasons.

I sincerely wake up each morning, click on Drudge, and half-expect to see the headline RON PAUL SHOT.

Richard in Austin
07-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Unity 'Prayer of Protection':

The light of God surrounds Ron Paul;
The love of God enfolds Ron Paul;
The power of God protects Ron Paul;
The presence of God watches over Ron Paul;
Wherever Ron Paul is, God is, and all is well!

Call your favorite prayer line and ask them to pray for him also!
http://www.unityonline.org/pray_submitprayerrequest.htm
http://www.unityonline.org/pray_praywithus.htm
http://www.religiousscience.org/wmop_site/