PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Senator McClintock!

Lord Xar
01-22-2008, 07:33 PM
McClintock said in many an interview that Ron Paul is a man of principle and integrity and likes him because he believes in the constitution. Unfortunetly, he endorsed Thompson. WELL -- Lets contact McClintock and get him on board - so he can endorse Ron Paul!!!

Nice and pleasant messages. Respectable and intelligent.

Tom.McClintock@SEN.CA.GOV

itshappening
01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
bump

Janet0116
That's a great movie

Mystile
Ron Paul should technically be endorsed by a large portion of Congress, but I think many are too afraid that they will be disowned by the neocon establishment, their party and could have their job in jeopardy if they endorse RP.

sgrooms
01-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Ron Paul should technically be endorsed by a large portion of Congress, but I think many are too afraid that they will be disowned by the neocon establishment, their party and could have their job in jeopardy if they endorse RP.

can't hurt to try..

JSCHAFER1337
01-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I like McClintock. Voted for him in '06, but he lost, unfortunately. I sent him a respectful and intelligent email...we'll see if it produces any results.

stewie3128
01-22-2008, 08:39 PM

Don't worry about that - just email him with a positive note about endorsing Ron Paul. He either will or he won't, but you can't make a difference if you don't take a shot.

He's definitely a conservative of the more traditional type - very close to Ron Paul.

Nash
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Dear Senator,

Your initial endorsement for President, Senator Fred Thompson, has dropped out of the race.

As a voter who supported you in your bid for both Governor and Lieutenant Governor, I am asking you to please join former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, and endorse Congressman Ron Paul for President.

I realize that making an endorsement like this is politically complicated. Your conscience feels one way, but the pressure from the party apparatus has a decisively different opinion.

Considering you're a lone conservative voice in a state full of leftists, I know you have the courage and leadership to stand by your small government values and do the right thing.

You and I both know that a big government GOP candidate will harm the values we cherish: small government, liberty, and responsibility. You and I also know that there is only one small government conservative left standing in this race, and his name is Ron Paul.

Ron Paul may not be the GOP candidate for President, but an endorsement from you could help garner a solid voter showing in our state and give him the delegates he needs to give us influence at the convention. We need the GOP to understand that we want small government conservatives leading our party in the 21st century, and not big government RINO's.

Senator McClintock, I want our party back. I am canvassing my neighborhood and donating my time on the weekends to get the freedom message of Ron Paul out to GOP voters in my district. Please help my efforts so I can tell these voters that you, the most respected conservative in state office, officially support our candidate.

Sincerely yours,

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 09:07 PM

Some of these GOP members of Congress just amaze me. They make the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of OZ look like King Leonidas from Sparta.

Nash
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM
This is an old link but it's pretty cool if you haven't heard it

McClintock and Paul having a conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSEVpueChIE#LL8svApcI6I

Nash
01-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Hey Guys! Looks like the emails might have helped :)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/01/with-fred-thomp.html

With Thompson out, Tom McClintock leans to Ron Paul

With Fred Thompson out of the presidential race, who's a self-respecting conservative to go for? Could it be, maybe, perhaps, a certain Republican-libertarian from Texas?

That's one question perplexing California state Sen. Tom McClintock, possibly the second-most-famous California Republican currently in office after Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

McClintock created a stir two months when he endorsed Thompson’s presidential candidacy. Having run for governor, lieutenant governor and state controller, McClintock has shown that while he has not won a statewide contest, he can win GOP primaries, which conservatives tend to dominate. So heading into the Feb. 5 primary, McClintock’s endorsement is seen as important in California.

Now McClintock is mulling his choices. And it comes down to the basics: "Who will respect our Constitution, defend our borders, and reduce the burdens of government on our people?" McClintock said Thursday in Sacramento as the Senate wrapped up its week. "If I were to vote today, I probably would be casting a vote for Ron Paul. I’m not voting today."

Why Paul?

"I do believe he will respect our Constitu-" McClintock said, then stopped midthought. "I don’t want to go too far. I am still looking."

Why not former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney? "I want somebody with a consistent record," McClintock said. "I want someone who didn’t have to go through a political epiphany the day before he announced his candidacy."