PDA

View Full Version : Should Neil Armstrong endorse Ron Paul?

swatmc
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but according to wikipedia:

"The first man to walk on the Moon was also approached by political parties from both ends of the spectrum. Unlike former astronauts and United States Senators John Glenn and Harrison Schmitt, Armstrong has turned down all offers. Personally, he is in favor of states' rights and against the United States acting as the "world's policeman.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Armstrong

It seems that the man should support Ron Paul. Just putting that out there.

-Mike

manny
01-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Would be a great endorsement.

Anyone got and friends of friends who know Neil? Although you would hope with his political inclinations he would have found Paul rather than the other way around... but that's the MSM :(

purplechoe
01-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Isn't he Skulls and Bones?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Isn't he Skulls and Bones?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ronpaulfollower999
01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now you are going to say that the Skull and Bones doesn't exist??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_and_Bones
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/02/60minutes/main576332.shtml
http://www.skullandcrossbones.org/articles/skullandbones.htm

Falseflagop
01-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Problem is we never went to the moon!

TheDHC
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Hasn't Ron Paul written that he thinks NASA should be dismantled. I'm not sure how well that would go over with a true space pioneer like Armstrong.
http://www.islandone.org/Politics/LP.space-dom.html

swatmc
01-22-2008, 07:03 PM
I believe that he is in fact a Freemason. I am sure that he has some influential friends.

But when you are one of the most famous human beings in the history of mankind... my guess is that you can be pretty independent and not bend to the wills of other men.

ihsv
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Should Neil Armstrong endorse Ron Paul?

:D:D:D EVERYONE should endorse Ron Paul :D:D:D

dude58677
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Buzz Aldrin would be a good endorsement. He wants NASA abolished and is in fact actively promoting commercial space tourism. He was part of NASA because that was the only way to get to space back in 1969.

JonathanR
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately Armstrong is very close to being a total recluse these days.

The One
01-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately Armstrong is very close to being a total recluse these days.

Guilty conscience about faking that moon landing probably. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

TheDHC
01-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Guilty conscience about faking that moon landing probably. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh god, moon landing conspiracy nutjobs:rolleyes:

cheese
01-22-2008, 07:12 PM
I'd prefer fellow texan Lance Armstrong

Falseflagop
01-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Do you the size of computers in 1969!

Have you ever seen that tin foil machine up close? I have and my wife said this Reynolds wrap machine went to the moon? And passed the Van Allen Belts?

A huge Hoax!

trout007
01-22-2008, 07:13 PM
I work at Kennedy Space Center. There are a lot of Ron Paul fans there. Federal Employees know the system is screwed up. Those of us with any talent would love to work for a private company that will put people in space. Since it's a monopoly right now there is only one game in town for now.

Young_Apprentice
01-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Holy shit, there are some stupid people here...

Fields
01-22-2008, 07:20 PM

Have you ever seen that tin foil machine up close? I have and my wife said this Reynolds wrap machine went to the moon? And passed the Van Allen Belts?

A huge Hoax!

Yay for truthers!!

Fields
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I work at Kennedy Space Center. There are a lot of Ron Paul fans there. Federal Employees know the system is screwed up. Those of us with any talent would love to work for a private company that will put people in space. Since it's a monopoly right now there is only one game in town for now.

What's it like seeing one of those shuttles take off? If you ever seen one.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Why Not ? Thousands and thousands of astronauts endorse Dr. Paul !

trout007
01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
I've seem most of the launches from in front of the VAB which is just a bit closer then the press site about 3 miles away. The SRB's are so loud that you can feel your clothes vibrate on your body. Also all of the car alarms in the parking lot are triggered. If it is night it turns to dawn for a few seconds. Really very impressive. I would suggest comming to see one before it is retired.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-22-2008, 07:30 PM
We went to the moon? Next you will be telling me Vikings made it all the way to America on their funny little boats. Or that Asians paddled their way to Hawaii on tiny canoes.

Why doesnt Dr. Paul just get Nolan Ryan to endorse him again?

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Problem is we never went to the moon!

+1

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1138935117048624484

Young_Apprentice
01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
We went to the moon? Next you will be telling me Vikings made it all the way to America on their funny little boats. Or that Asians paddled their way to Hawaii on tiny canoes.

The sad thing is, considering some of the posts I've seen on this thread and others, I can't tell whether you're joking or not.:(

AceNZ
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Neil Armstrong is one of my very few real-life heroes. I used to work with his son Mark in California. However, he's a very private person. I seriously doubt that he'd be willing to publicly endorse any candidate.

Anyone who says that the moon landing was faked has obviously never seen the video footage that was captured as the LEM landed on the surface. I've seen the original unedited version, where they came within 2 seconds of running out of fuel. No way in hell that could be faked.

Someone mentioned Buzz Aldrin. That guy will endorse anything or anyone. For a fee.

TheDHC
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Why Not ? Thousands and thousands of astronauts endorse Dr. Paul !

that is, if there were thousands of astronauts.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
maybe i shoulda said space cadets ? heeheeheee

trout007
01-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Neil is a real cool cucumber. I wonder if anything rattles that man. He came close to death at least 3 times I can remember in spaceflight. That doesn't count his test pilot days.

dougkeenan
01-22-2008, 08:15 PM
The campaign should be so lucky as to get his endorsement.

He's earned his privacy though from teh stoopid that stalk the earth.

yongrel
01-22-2008, 08:19 PM

A huge Hoax!

Ladies and gentleman, I give you exhibit A in the case against the value of public education.

swatmc
01-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Do me a favor?

Could nobody else bring up the "moon theory hoax."

That is another conversation for another forum.

Especially if you are a Ron Paul supporter.

Thanks.

Live Free or Die
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM

Why doesnt Dr. Paul just get Nolan Ryan to endorse him again?

:p
+100

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
I meant space cadet in a very affectionate way, counting myself among them :>

Iowa4Paul
01-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Truthers make me want to leave the campaign...

However because Ron Paul >>> Truthers, I can continue to go on.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't believe the whole "Green Cheese" theory for the moon.

It's like a Geico Commercial in here at times.

werdd
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Ron doesn't really like nasa, because its goverment funded. It's one of the only places i disagree with him on. I dont think it's high on his agenda and theoretically speaking it is unconstitutional, but space exploration kicks ass.

Falseflagop
01-22-2008, 08:34 PM
You guys really believe we went to the moon? So why haven't we ever gone back?

3 reasons this was staged!

1) Vietnam was ongoing and they wanted Americans to feel good
2) NASA was about to be scraped BILIONS and BILLIONS of dollars for CIA et al
3) Had to beat Russians.

Now you do know it was a ship that disconnected and then re-attached itself after the moon landing and then came back to earth? PLEASE

Never knew there was wind on the moon, love the flag blowing don't you?

Kalash
01-22-2008, 08:37 PM
I shook Neil's hand at his dad's funeral when I was 6 or 7.

His house was a 1/2 block from my grandparent's house...

And that is the only time he's been back to Wapakoneta in a long time.

There was a big 25th anniversary of the moon landing thing - a whole weekend, parade, carnival type thing...

Neil didn't come back.
He didn't want to be revered like that.

He believes he's "just another man" and hates the spotlight.

If you want celebrity endorsements, look somewhere else.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-22-2008, 08:39 PM
You guys really believe Vikings went to America? So why haven't the Vikings ever gone back?

fixed

dude58677
01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Ron doesn't really like nasa, because its goverment funded. It's one of the only places i disagree with him on. I dont think it's high on his agenda and theoretically speaking it is unconstitutional, but space exploration kicks ass.

Burt Rutan has sent his own spaceship that he designed to space and it was funded by Paul Allen. Ron Paul supports commercial space travel that Burt Rutan does. Burt Rutan's goal is to get the average person to space and colonize the moon.

Shii
01-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Neil Armstrong is not going to endorse anyone, because he doesn't like politics.

dude58677
01-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Neil Armstrong is not going to endorse anyone, because he doesn't like politics.

What about Buzz Aldrin or Burt Rutan?

Knightskye
01-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Hasn't Ron Paul written that he thinks NASA should be dismantled. I'm not sure how well that would go over with a true space pioneer like Armstrong.
http://www.islandone.org/Politics/LP.space-dom.html

Hah. I think I agree with Ron on his NASA policies. But that's from 1988. I wonder if he still agrees with them. :) The government doesn't own outer space.

dude58677
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Hah. I think I agree with Ron on his NASA policies. But that's from 1988. I wonder if he still agrees with them. :) The government doesn't own outer space.

Burt Rutan and Buzz Aldrin are against NASA.

Live Free or Die
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM

I agree, and I personally think civilian entities like SpaceShipOne (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=SpaceShipOne&btnG=Search) should be supporting Ron Paul.

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/sso_rutan_archive.html

Same with Richard Branson, (Virgin, UK).

Gimme Some Truth
01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
You guys really believe we went to the moon? So why haven't we ever gone back?

3 reasons this was staged!

1) Vietnam was ongoing and they wanted Americans to feel good
2) NASA was about to be scraped BILIONS and BILLIONS of dollars for CIA et al
3) Had to beat Russians.

Now you do know it was a ship that disconnected and then re-attached itself after the moon landing and then came back to earth? PLEASE

Never knew there was wind on the moon, love the flag blowing don't you?

"Reasons" are subjective. "Reasons" are not proof.

Oh and yea, we have been back...

For the love of the constitution please just stfu about conspiracies. Ok, conspiracies happen, but not EVERYTHING is a freakin conspiracy! Stop believing everything you see/read! (same goes for conspiracies aswell as faux news etc)

trout007
01-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Government and conspiracies:

Just from my experience working with the government but they can't even secure their networks properly they for sure can't keep big secrets. If it was something small where a handful of people knew about it maybe. Something that takes 400,000 people a decade to do? Nope. Way too much evidence laying around.

Flag blowing? Please. Engineers know that a flag laying against a pole doesn't photograph well. Easy to fix just put a wire in the top.

deedles
01-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey nasa guy... any truth to the story about gigantic glass domes on the moon?

amy31416
01-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Do me a favor?

Could nobody else bring up the "moon theory hoax."

That is another conversation for another forum.

Especially if you are a Ron Paul supporter.

Thanks.

+6.02x10^23

I just read an article on Wonkette where this exact thread was openly mocked and used to make us look like a bunch of wingnuts. I believe in freedom of speech for EVERYONE, no matter what you believe, but please use your noggin about appropriate time and place.

We're trying to actually get someone elected here.

Oh, and BTW, my favorite museum of all time is the National Air and Space Museum in DC, you guys should pay it a visit if you really want a challenge.

homah
01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
How the hell is there a laser reflector on the moon if we never went there?

deedles
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
why is this thread here? Should KING KONG ENDORSE RON PAUL?

JMann
01-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm not all that crazy about endorsements. Even when Oprah endorsed O! it effectively stopped the incredible momentum of his campaign. He didn't lose support but it stop mushrooming. Seems like everyday O! has another establishment endorsement and I don't see how you run a campaign on change when you have 'life'ers' like John Kerry endorsing you.