PDA

View Full Version : Gaston County NC straw poll Aug 13th

MozoVote
07-30-2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.gastongop.org/

The Gaston County Republican Party Executive Committee will hold its next meeting on Monday, August 13th, at Alfred & Charlie's Barbecue House, 815 South New Hope Road, Gastonia, 28054. The meeting is at 7:00 pm, following an optional buffet dinner ($10) at 6:15 pm. Our guest speaker will be Mr. Bill Graham from Salisbury, NC. He is one of the Republican candidates for NC governor in 2008. We also plan to take a "straw poll" of Republican candidates running for U.S. President, so come prepared to vote!
------------------
This sounds like a minor straw poll, but I'd be inclined to attend if another 20 or so people are willing to go and "swarm" the poll, like the one in Georgetown SC last weekend. It's only ten bucks, and even that sounds optional.

JoshLowry
07-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mozo.

We got any NC'ers that can spread this to their MeetUp groups?

MozoVote
07-30-2007, 10:41 PM
I told the Charlotte meetup guy. Gastonia is midway between Charlotte and Shelby.

Larofeticus
07-30-2007, 11:27 PM
would they require north carolina id? i'd consider coming up from columbia to help.

JoshLowry
07-30-2007, 11:29 PM
would they require north carolina id? i'd consider coming up from columbia to help.

It would probably be best if NC residents voted.

MozoVote
07-31-2007, 06:59 AM
I'm sure they won't turn away people who want to come and listen... If upstaters are willing to sit through some NC policking, and clap for speakers that support Ron, then why not show up? What else is happening on a Monday night anyway? :)

The Charlotte Meetup does have an August 6th meeting, that would be a good time to strategize for this.

Slugg
07-31-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm sure they won't turn away people who want to come and listen... If upstaters are willing to sit through some NC policking, and clap for speakers that support Ron, then why not show up? What else is happening on a Monday night anyway? :)

The Charlotte Meetup does have an August 6th meeting, that would be a good time to strategize for this.

I think this would be a great op to counter the FT victory the other day. I think it is very important we (RP supporters) show up strong if possible.

MozoVote
08-13-2007, 09:01 PM
We won it! :D 36% for Ron and 31% for Freddie the Ghost.

It was a pretty small poll that fit the entire attendance into a restaurant, but hey - good press is good press. I have to hand to to the RP soldiers that came all the way from Greensboro and RTP to get us this victory. It made the difference in beating "the invisible candidiate" Fred.

OK, this is not official, it's what I had heard when I left. Let's hope it holds. There should be a press release tomorrow.

BLS
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM

OK, it was a pretty small poll that fit the entire attendance in a restaurant, but hey - good press is good press. I have to hand to to the RP soldiers that came all the way from Greensboro and RTP to get us this victory. It made the difference in beating "the invisible candidiate" Fred.

SUH...FU(KING...WEET!!

:D :D :D

FreedomLover
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM

OK, it was a pretty small poll that fit the entire attendance into a restaurant, but hey - good press is good press. I have to hand to to the RP soldiers that came all the way from Greensboro and RTP to get us this victory. It made the difference in beating "the invisible candidiate" Fred.

Good going NC RPers . :cool: