PDA

View Full Version : New Mailout FLyer

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Here's a flyer you guys can use in your mailers, my mom is using it in her CT mailers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/alexmerced/ForeignPolicy.jpg

Below is a mock flyer for future congressional runs for myself, based on this flyer, would you vote for me?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/alexmerced/MercedForFreedom2.jpg

Lord Xar
01-22-2008, 06:41 PM
uhmmm.. would i vote for you based on that photo? No.

I would also change the font of the "ron paul" above.. looks too contemporary and gothicish... Remember, presidential.

For you. I'd look into the camera and have perhaps a HUGE constitution backdrop. Remember, you are looking to connect with Voters, not be in a GQ magazine. I always say, look at your competition.. and see what works. Also, the 'dark' vibe is not good. I know its contrived, but think of sunshine, hope etc.. it works. --

honey attracts bees. Smile, be open and somebody people want to be around.

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 06:44 PM
thanks, how about the text of the flyer, does it communicate things fairly clearly?

ShowMeLiberty
01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
thanks, how about the text of the flyer, does it communicate things fairly clearly?

I would go online to find out more about you based on that text.

Completely agree with Lord Xar about the graphics in both flyers.

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 07:22 PM
I would go online to find out more about you based on that text.

Completely agree with Lord Xar about the graphics in both flyers.

so know you'd go online and look me up, is that good thing? :)

Fields
01-22-2008, 07:24 PM
uhmmm.. would i vote for you based on that photo? No.

Post of the night. Reason: Bluntness.

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
k, does the focus on protecting children a good focus?

My big issues are usually education and economy which is what I'm trying to get across, but is it something voters will care about

literatim
01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
The first thing I thought of is that you wrote Ron Paul's name in blood. Change the font or the color.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Don't put his name in red

electronicmaji
01-22-2008, 07:48 PM
your too young to run for office....

you have to be 25+ to legally run

you have to be 30-50ish for people to actually consider you

you have to be a white american (exceptions in Florida, California, Illinois, Ohio, Alabama, Georgia, New Mexico, Texas) for them to vote for you.

Rhys
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Take a photo with some kids at school, with you standing tall above a wide eyed circle of youth sitting however energeticly and just eager for your message

that's my guess

electronicmaji
01-22-2008, 07:53 PM
oh and that picture of you is gay, Seriously...I wouldn't vote for you just because that picture makes you look conceited.

Basilieus
01-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Don't like it, the Ron Paul text is bloody, the photo has no relevance... just not good really.

Rhys
01-22-2008, 07:59 PM
btw, what are you running for?

Lord Xar
01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
yeah, I'd remove that "ron paul" bloody vibe, totally.

Alex, contact Linda Lagana - she would make your flyer look absolutely awesome.

I know you are going for something "new". But work on peoples interpretations and expectations. Smile, happy, positiveness. Also, for your points - I would perhaps put an image by each one denting the topic. I think you wanting to be political is AWESOME, and this is getting your feet wet, so don't even sweat it.

If I was you, I'd work with a few layouts and presentations. You are doing the right thing by throwing it out here for critique. To be honest, i didn't read the verbage on your flyer - why? I wasn't inspired to. You have to inspire people. In this fast food era, your packaging is almost as important as your message.

If you have both, looook outttt!!!

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 08:27 PM
oh and that picture of you is gay, Seriously...I wouldn't vote for you just because that picture makes you look conceited.

I'm not running yet, I might be running in 2010, I'm just making these flyer to get the word out. Trying to build up my mailing list and base for 2010. It was having a national base that made RP able to compete against the whole GOP despite people like Newt campaigning against him.

So I thought spending the next two years building awareness, and driving people to my blogs and vidoes would be a good away to get boost when I do run.

Knightskye
01-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Here's a flyer you guys can use in your mailers, my mom is using it in her CT mailers.

The "Ron Paul" part looks scary. And I'd get rid of the "Foreign Policy of Freedom" part, and make "for president" bigger.

Do we have troops in Israel? Maybe you should put the amounts of troops we have in other countries. 65,000 in Germany (WTF?) - I think that's one of them.

[quote]Below is a mock flyer for future congressional runs for myself, based on this flyer, would you vote for me?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/alexmerced/MercedForFreedom2.jpg

I'm not in your district, so I'm not empathetic with the average citizen/voter there. But I think there's something wrong with the Education and Economy parts. Authority over education should be returned to parents, not schools, since schools are taxpayer-funded. And bureaucracy should be spelt correctly. :rolleyes:

About the Economy section: it's really about reining in the Federal Reserve, since it is a major contributor to inflation.

You've ended all your points with "children", so maybe under "Merced for Freedom", you should change "Protecting America's Future" to "Protecting America's Children". ;)

The picture is horrible. You should be facing the camera, and not have such a smug look on your face.

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 08:48 PM
[quote]Here's a flyer you guys can use in your mailers, my mom is using it in her CT mailers.

The "Ron Paul" part looks scary. And I'd get rid of the "Foreign Policy of Freedom" part, and make "for president" bigger.

Do we have troops in Israel? Maybe you should put the amounts of troops we have in other countries. 65,000 in Germany (WTF?) - I think that's one of them.

I'm not in your district, so I'm not empathetic with the average citizen/voter there. But I think there's something wrong with the Education and Economy parts. Authority over education should be returned to parents, not schools, since schools are taxpayer-funded. And bureaucracy should be spelt correctly. :rolleyes:

About the Economy section: it's really about reining in the Federal Reserve, since it is a major contributor to inflation.

You've ended all your points with "children", so maybe under "Merced for Freedom", you should change "Protecting America's Future" to "Protecting America's Children". ;)

The picture is horrible. You should be facing the camera, and not have such a smug look on your face.

I'll fix the typo, yeah when I talk about inflation I'm insinuating taking on the federal reserve but I rather have people watch my videos talking about it than not get the point if I say "abolish the fed" with a just explanation.

OH yeah, I bought mercedforfreedom.com anyone want to help me make the website?

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 08:53 PM
I'll fix the picture later when I have chance to dress up and get it taken professionally, no hurry since i"m not running till 2010, right now just focusing on building my informed base

imaginegirl
01-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Can't help you with a website, but I can help you design a good flyer. Take all the text/photo advice from people here & I'll put together one kick-butt flyer (no charge, just contributing to the cause). Oh & you do need a new photo. :)

It's inspiring to see people like you planning ahead for the next congressional run. If we get enough paulites in congress, it almost won't matter who's president... we'll get more done for freedom! (of course, even MORE with Ron Paul & a "Paulite" congress)

See an example of my work on the flyer I whipped up here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=95914

slamhead
01-22-2008, 11:31 PM
You sure we still have troops in Vietnam?

AlexMerced
01-23-2008, 09:29 AM
thanks for the all the replies, I was all dressed up for an interview to be a stock trader today, so i took s ome pictures and edited them so is this better?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/alexmerced/MercedForFreedom3.jpg

McDermit
01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
No. It's obvious that you took it yourself. Come on.

Set the camera on a shelf, a table, in an open cabinet, rig something up. Then use the self timer. Or just ask your mom or someone else to snap a pic. And please use some normal lighting? You're not trying to impress girls on MySpace. This is politics.

If you prefer a profile shot (side/angled view) that's fine, but make sure the lighting is good and you actually look professional and business-like, not myspacey or like you're auditioning for a magazine shoot.

The background is good... flags, or something architectural or outdoorsy will work.

Your spelling/grammer needs some serious help though.

Protecting America's Future

(use sentences, not fragments.) Tax Credits will make paying for your children's healthcare much more afforable and will enable you to save more for your children's education.

The Department of Education wastes millions of tax dollars that should be spent educating our children. Authority over education should belong to parents, not the bureaucrats in Washington.

The constant economic intervention by our government, combined with the inflationary policies of the Federal Reserve, damage our economy in the long term, thus limiting the future opportunities for prosperity for our children. (not a huge fan of the wording here either.)

maybe "thus limiting the future prosperity of our nation." or something like that. don't use too many prepositions.

McDermit
01-23-2008, 11:23 AM
And why not just use the campaign approved literature for RP? I reallllllly don't like that flyer at all. It wouldn't make me want to vote for him, or even look him up.