PDA

View Full Version : Never Alienate Anyone

emeriste
01-22-2008, 06:21 PM
I've heard rumors that some Ron Paul supporters may be giving fans of Fred Thompson a hard time. I hope this isn't true. Whether it be the supporters of candidates who are exiting the race, Evangelicals, or the average cable TV viewer, we need to recognize every individual as a potential voter for Ron Paul, who only needs someone to communicate with them effectively.

Many Ron Paul supporters seem to lack common sense diplomacy. This is not a game we are playing. I think that many Ron Paul supporters are rather young, and on the whole that is a good thing, because of the energy and idealism it brings. But every one of us, regardless of our age, needs to go about our work to support Ron Paul with maturity and class. This is why: When you ask someone to vote for Ron Paul you are effectively asking them to become one of us. But for people to be willing to become one of us, we need to be the kind of people someone would want to be.

This is not World of Warcraft. This is a political contest that may well shape the course of history, and the lives of people on this planet. Political contests are won by the group that can attract the greatest number of people, and lost by the groups that alienate potential supporters. Please be intelligent.

www.WeLoveFreedom.com

Mystile
01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
yeah that's some good advice. Though you don't want to alienate people in WoW either or you'll become the laughing stock of the server. Every server has at least one.

mdh
01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I dunno about elsewhere, but here in WV, we stand to pick up a bunch of folks from Fred's camp.

Johncjackson
01-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Understatement of the century.

And I would think Thompson supporters would be receptive to RP's messages. Sorry to break the hearts of some of the recent RP converts, but Fred was doing his "federalist" thing well before Ron Paul had any influence on the race.

SWATH
01-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I have heard some Fred supporters say that they REFUSE to support Ron Paul simply because of the way his supporters act!

UK4Paul
01-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Hell yeah.

GregVernon
01-22-2008, 07:23 PM
I have heard some Fred supporters say that they REFUSE to support Ron Paul simply because of the way his supporters act!

I can't imagine why. Maybe chasing Hannity, and not letting Rudy hold a press conference earlier today wasn't a good thing.

We need to show Fred Thompson supporters what Ron's political message is about peace and prosperity. The disruptions of other candidates rallies isn't appropriate and will only drive people away.

But we should also work on converting the FT supporters quickly, one of my friends who supported him already voted, I'm sure some people haven't heard he's dropped out and will do the same.

When you convert the Fredheads do so with open arms!