PDA

View Full Version : Meetup!

Kandilynn
05-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Our Meetup group is growing bigger and bigger. We desperately need to have an actual meetup. We need locations. I think the best thing for us to do is get together at a restaurant somewhere and hash out the details.

I personally think buffet style or pizza would be cheapest for everyone involved. So, do you know of any locations locally that you would be interested in meeting at?

n664dc
05-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Just had an idea for a general meeting location for the debate...
I was thinking what if we watched the debate in a public(ish) place like at a restaurant/bar with a bunch of TVs set up and got them to change the channel to the debate. I thought the chances of someone outside the group being interested in what is going on would be a good opportunity to spread the word.

I really only know of one place in Yorktown / Newport News that would be suitable... but it seems most people in the group are closer to Norfolk.

-T.J.

ShaneC
06-06-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm new to the forums here, but some meetup suggestions:

CiCi's Pizza in Hampton is fairly cheap and spacious, outside of the weekday lunch rush it seems.

Fizzoli's in Newport News usually takes kindly to people gathering there, provided they eat (and there's free bread sticks). :)

n664dc
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Both of those sound great to me!

ShaneC
06-09-2007, 12:26 PM
so - are we meeting? when and where?

I'm in a demanding kinda mood. Getting married on the 16th, so I'll be out of the state that weekend, but aside from that, I'm game

Kandilynn
06-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Well, we are planning to have two next weekend. One will be on Saturday the 16th at the Atlanta Bread Company in Virginia Beach. And the other will be at Fazoli's in Newport News on Sunday the 17th. My husband and I will be at both meet ups. Hopefully, we can elect officers and

SlapItHigh
06-10-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm thinking about attending the Fazoli's meetup, but I would have to bring my two children and wonder if that would be a problem for others attending.