PDA

View Full Version : AAAArgh, the MSM is SO blatantly dishonest!!!

wildflower
01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
So I'm watching CNN (while working) and they're talking about the possible economic crisis, and then they said something to the effect of, "None of the Republican candidates have been talking about this issue" and then they said "none of them are looking at the root cause." (I'm paraphrasing)

WTH??? I mean, I've known all along that they're biased and anti-Paul, but this is SO freakin blatantly dishonest. They are COMPLETELY ignoring Paul and pretending he doesn't exist! It's almost Orwellian.

Then, Lou Dobbs announces a poll on his website, "Which of the following candidates do you believe has the economic knowledge and leadership to guide the United States for the next four years?"

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/

But unless I just can't see it, Paul's name is not even there.

People, should we email them? (not rude emails! but informing them that they are being dishonest by leaving his name out of the polls and not mentioning that he has been talking about a possible financial crisis!)

Btw, they got some statements from the candidates about what's going on in the global economy, and they even asked Guiliani (who Paul keeps beating) yet nothing about Ron Paul.

I'm so mad right now at the Orwellian mainstream media. :mad:

/ rant

RSLudlum
01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Larry King did the same damn thing last night and I will no longer watch his show anymore.

wildflower
01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Heh, I didn't notice that someone had posted a thread on this. Anyway, I had to post it because I'm so mad.

LT for the Truth
01-22-2008, 06:27 PM
I heard the same thing. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, Maybe when RP was talking about the issue, it was over their heads. That is the only excuse.

"when we live above our means, We are destined to live below our means" RP

wildflower
01-22-2008, 06:29 PM
He has been talking about it a lot though, and from his heart - not in a typical phony politician way.

They must know that, unless they are completely retarded.

It's a media black-out, that's all there is to it.

Caravello
01-22-2008, 06:32 PM
But you all realize that it's only in such an environment that a RP victory will be revolutionary. He is being turned into such an underdog that if he does win it will rock the world.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Don't expect help from the MSM. We need to succeed with or without them. Find ways around it. Let's not be a spectator society, we have too much at stake. WE can make it happen !

wildflower
01-22-2008, 06:38 PM
But you all realize that it's only in such an environment that a RP victory will be revolutionary. He is being turned into such an underdog that if he does win it will rock the world.

Yes, but only if we can reach people. How do we reach people who aren't on the internet much? TV is incredibly powerful, and people don't know that he has been talking about a possible financial crisis, then he is not going to win, people need to know the truth.

I had dinner with my aunt & uncle the other night, and they are the types that rarely use the internet. They kept saying, "If he is so great, why don't we ever hear about him on TV?" I tried to explain to them that the media is controlled, and Paul is speaking out against the establishment, which goes hand in hand with the MSM, but they didn't seem to believe me.

We need to email CNN and hold them accountable. We can't sit back and allow them to do this.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah i hear you, but we really can not depend on them. Do you really believe that the revolution will be televised ?

priest_of_syrinx
01-22-2008, 06:44 PM
AAAArgh, the MSM is SO blatantly dishonest!!!

What else is new? They've been doing this since the start. It's part of the reason why our fight against them has been so impressive.

wildflower
01-22-2008, 06:49 PM
I know they have been all along. But now with candidates dropping out - and the fact that Paul has momentum (just raised almost 2 million in one day, big pro-life endorsement, 2nd in Nevada) the fact that they are blatantly ignoring that he has been talking about a possible financial crisis is just over the top.

We need to expose their blatant media blackout and dishonesty.

We can't rely soley on the internet - not everyone has the time to be online and not everyone knows much about him!

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 06:50 PM
There are other ways besides the internet.

Dr.3D
01-22-2008, 06:54 PM
We all would like to know what can be done to get the message out in a big way.
The controlled media will not change no matter how much we send them emails and call them on the telephone.

Seems the only way an honest man can be elected president of the U.S. is to be a billionaire and buying air time.
But then that becomes an oxymoron.... since when does one become a billionaire by being honest?

justatrey
01-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Apparently we're all voting for Edwards to spam the poll.

Dr.3D
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Apparently we're all voting for Edwards to spam the poll.

Huh?

fmontez
01-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Does the media make the people, or do the people make the media? I have been out canvassing, and I can tell you that most people have no clue about Dr. Paul.. and they only want to vote for the popular guy... we need LOTS and LOTS of Paid advertising until Dr. Paul starts winning races, then the media will be on our side.

Dr.3D
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Does the media make the people, or do the people make the media? I have been out canvassing, and I can tell you that most people have no clue about Dr. Paul.. and they only want to vote for the popular guy... we need LOTS and LOTS of Paid advertising until Dr. Paul starts winning races, then the media will be on our side.

Or not.

Elliott
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM
So I'm watching CNN (while working) and they're talking about the possible economic crisis, and then they said something to the effect of, "None of the Republican candidates have been talking about this issue" and then they said "none of them are looking at the root cause." (I'm paraphrasing)

WTH??? I mean, I've known all along that they're biased and anti-Paul, but this is SO freakin blatantly dishonest. They are COMPLETELY ignoring Paul and pretending he doesn't exist! It's almost Orwellian.

Then, Lou Dobbs announces a poll on his website, "Which of the following candidates do you believe has the economic knowledge and leadership to guide the United States for the next four years?"

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/

But unless I just can't see it, Paul's name is not even there.

People, should we email them? (not rude emails! but informing them that they are being dishonest by leaving his name out of the polls and not mentioning that he has been talking about a possible financial crisis!)

Btw, they got some statements from the candidates about what's going on in the global economy, and they even asked Guiliani (who Paul keeps beating) yet nothing about Ron Paul.

I'm so mad right now at the Orwellian mainstream media. :mad:

/ rant

The worst part of this, to me, is that piece of **** Lou Dobbs. That moron talks every night on and on about EXACTLY the same things Ron Paul talks about, but you'd never even know Ron Paul exists if you only watched Dobbs. He is a complete fraud. He's probably worried that if Ron Paul gets elected he won't have anything to bitch about.

wildflower
01-22-2008, 09:40 PM
The worst part of this, to me, is that piece of **** Lou Dobbs. That moron talks every night on and on about EXACTLY the same things Ron Paul talks about, but you'd never even know Ron Paul exists if you only watched Dobbs. He is a complete fraud. He's probably worried that if Ron Paul gets elected he won't have anything to bitch about.

Yeah, it is very weird. He sounds like someone who agrees with Paul on many things. Yet he doesn't talk about him? (I don't watch tv that much, so I don't know... but I don't remember seeing him talk about RP)

He must be either a total fraud, or maybe it's the bosses who are telling them to not talk about RP. I don't know, but I felt like I was in the book 1984, with the way they were being so dishonest.

Mesogen
01-22-2008, 09:40 PM
In keeping with the title of this thread:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/22/giuliani-beaten/

Matthews: ‘Giuliani hasn’t been beaten yet.’

On this evening’s Hardball, Chris Matthews made this incredulous and puzzling statement:

Some people think [the Republican presidential race] has come down to McCain, Romney, and — just because Giuliani hasn’t been beaten yet — Giuliani.

joelfarm
01-22-2008, 09:46 PM
While the bias has been there from the start, it is indeed getting all the more obvious to ALL Americans, especially in the Florida race, where the cross-dresser, Rudy G. is ALWAYS mentioned by MSM while Ron Paul is blacklisted. As for the financial issues, I expect questions at the next debate about it. But they will of course, be tailored to the big four lugheads and Dr. Paul will HAVE to get in there and slug it out with them to get his points out.