PDA

View Full Version : SUPERBOWL ad idea...

dax702
01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, I don't have an idea for the actual ad, but I was having a discussion with someone about how much money RP has spent on TV commercials. I believe that the vast majority of Americans are NOT hopping off the couch and going to the internet to read in depth about Dr. Paul when one of his ads pops up on TV. Most people change the station when commercials come on anyways. So a great deal of those advertising dollars are wasted. So here's what I'm thinking:

On Superbowl Sunday, part of the draw of the game is the commercials. Every year we hear in the media about how important commercials are during the game.. So, if RP had a very well crafted ad during the Superbowl when millions of people actually WANT to see commercials, I believe it could have a great impact.. It all has to do with peoples' mindsets on that day. We're already conditioned to want to see the ads, we don't flip the channel on that day. As a result, RP's word gets seen and heard by millions of attentive people.

What do you think? Have all the spots already been bought? I'm guessing they have..

Margo37
01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=1354990

Here are about 3 long pages of threads about Superbowl ads & RP.
Most ads are booked way in advance, some major sponsors are even pulling out this year as times are bad and I don't believe they accept political ads period.

You need to be in the first half of the game too which costs more just in case the game turns out to be a blowout or total dud and people just stop watching or had too much to drink by then.

nate895
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
They're out of spots.

qh4dotcom
01-24-2008, 02:00 AM
With the problems Ron Paul has had with Fox News, it's unlikely that Fox would give Ron Paul airtime anyway during Super Bowl.