PDA

View Full Version : A Day of Fasting

bswnw
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
I love my country, and I believe Ron Paul can move us in the direction that we need to be. That direction was established by men and women that feared a living, loving Creator God, and for most His name is Christ Jesus.

The Holy Bible talks about fasting and prayer as a means to show our allegiance to a Holy Creator. It also shows our Creator that we are serious about what it is that we are petitioning for. The Holy Bible has many examples of a people or person that when fasting and praying, BIG things happen.

On the date of the primary in Florida, I ask all of faith in Christ Jesus as a personal Saviour and One that answers the prayers of those that follow Him, to fast and pray with me.

As a realist I am one that believes that it is now time to invoke the help of the Devine if Ron Paul is to lead us into the path of constitutional obedience.

If you are not of our faith, I ask you to stand back and witness the power of a mighty Saviour! Of course you may join us, it won't hurt one bit.

A Bible fast is one that asks those involved to just put away those things that are damaging to the body. For me it will be soda, candy, overeating, ect. It may be different for you, but we can all join together with Jesus and allow Him to place Ron Paul were he belongs. First.

Lisa S
01-22-2008, 05:58 PM
I also believe in the power of fasting. I will gladly fast for Ron Paul.

RonPaulFTW08
01-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Haha u guys are idiots. If you wanna post about fasting go on huckabee forums LOL.. Don't hate just cause we PWNED fuckabee forums =P

Ronin
01-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Don't mind ^^^. If you think that'll help more power to you.

ronpauleddy
01-23-2008, 12:53 AM
religion is the most dangerous thing to man!!
it only creates divisions and fighting!!
Muslims vs Christians
Christians vs Jews
Jew vs Muslims
Throughout the ages wars have been perpetrated in the name of religion!!
Atrocities have been committed in the name of religion!!
We are one! we are humans!! remove the divisions and love one another!!
Religion has no place in politics ESPECIALLY!!!
NO GOOD VS EVIL!! that is made up crap!!
Humans in general are GOOD!! don't let them fool you and divide us!!
Divide and conquer...this is what they do best!!
PEACE!!

RonPaulFTW08
01-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Don't mind ^^^. If you think that'll help more power to you.

You know I don't mind if anyone fasts or meditates or prays for a good cause they believe in. I don't mind at all. But look at the first post of this thread... read all the religious babbling poppycock. I'm glad and happy for anyone who is religious and what not, but that kind of post is something 1) a brainwashed Huckabee "army" member would spew or 2) comin from a troll.

Ronin
01-23-2008, 01:10 AM
You know I don't mind if anyone fasts or meditates or prays for a good cause they believe in. I don't mind at all. But look at the first post of this thread... read all the religious babbling poppycock. I'm glad and happy for anyone who is religious and what not, but that kind of post is something 1) a brainwashed Huckabee "army" member would spew or 2) comin from a troll.

I'm glad you clarified. I question the legitimacy of the post too.

TheTyke
01-23-2008, 02:21 AM
I can't tell who are trolls but...

Throughout history, men have tried to use religion to further their goals. As I feel Mr. Huckabee does, he claims Christianity in order to get votes, but doesn't really live it (seems that way anyhow, with dishonesty regarding things, and wanting to attack Iran and Pakistan).

That being said, many of Ron Paul's principles come from a religious base. And yet, he doesn't tout it to gain votes. He merely acts humbly on those principles.

See the difference? A true Christian doesn't cause wars. Nor do true devotees of many other religions. It's when religion or politics are used to further one's selfish goals that chaos occurs.

Detonator
01-23-2008, 02:36 AM
I will fast with you brother! God will bless us with a wondrous bounty of votes and all of these heathen wretches that refuse to fast with us for brother Paul will burn in the firey bowels of HELL where they will suckle upon the teat of SATAN for eternity!!!

ronpauleddy
01-23-2008, 02:45 AM
I will fast with you brother! God will bless us with a wondrous bounty of votes and all of these heathen wretches that refuse to fast with us for brother Paul will burn in the firey bowels of HELL where they will suckle upon the teat of SATAN for eternity!!!

Is this some kind of joke?? or is this how brainwashed robots really talk??
Fasting for a cause is one thing...but spewing that nonsense is sickening!

Detonator
01-23-2008, 02:58 AM
...spewing that nonsense is sickening!
Isn't it?

misericordia
01-23-2008, 03:06 AM
Muslims vs Christians
Christians vs Jews
Jew vs Muslims
PEACE!!

This is straight out of the 'one world' handbook.

I will fast. What is the date of the primary?

rmholla
01-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Instead of fasting I would much rather you eat as much as you can. Hit every restaurant you can find and hand out the No Tax on Tips flyer -- that way you might actually be doing something that helps Ron Paul.

I wish Christians would get off their knees and stop praying and start actually doing something. If my house burnt down I would much rather have 10 people roll up their sleeves and help me rebuild rather than 1,000,000 people sitting at home praying for me.

If every dollar that went into a collection plate and every hour spent attending church was directed to something that was helping the poor/needy in your local community the world would be a MUCH better place.

Every Sunday people could meet up and clean a park. Or paint the house of the little old lady who can't afford to do it herself. Or spend time visiting a veteran's home or a nursing home spending quality time with lonely people. Or cleaning the pens at the local pound and walking the dogs. Spread the love people, don't hide it in the walls of a church.

-

dblee
01-23-2008, 06:34 AM
Muslims vs Christians
Christians vs Jews
Jew vs Muslims
PEACE!!

holy crap. you must be a ton of fun at parties. do you usually barge in uninvited? if you don't like it then ignore it. no need to PREACH your belief.

And I'll have you know. Atheistic regimes in the 20th century (stalin, mao, pol pot) have murdered more people than all the religious wars in history combined. Look it up.

Libertarian Christians are tolerant of other religions and beliefs (or lack thereof). You could at least show similar courtesy?

bswnw
01-23-2008, 11:04 AM
People, chill. My faith looks up to Someone larger than life, that's all. That Person gave us a manual (if you will) that describes a Being that hears the voice of those willing to follow said manual. The Bible.

I am going to fast because I believe the Word of the Bible. I cannot nor will I ever "force" my view on anyone. I just asked that those that believe as I do and have experienced the blessings of fasting and prayer to join me...The rest of you don't have to if you choose. I'm cool with it either way.

So relax there eddy, No ones going to come get ya...lol

Oh and Denonator, you too need to relax a little; in my opinion.

I will pray for all those working, contributing and praying for many victories for Ron Paul.

It's about our Country.

Late.

Roadrcr
01-23-2008, 11:29 AM
We don't fast here we donate ! So if your hell bent on fasting take the money you save on food and give it to Ron Paul !

paulgirl
01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
A sovereign God isn't going to change His mind because you, or 100 people like you, go without food for a day. Fasting is for people to refocus their minds on what is important without fleshly distraction. Fasting is for His people to gain spiritual focus and clarity to address a specific situation

Fasting is NOT to manipulate God to manipulate other people. I suggest that all of you get to a church that actually teaches theology, or read your Bibles with the mind of actually understanding what it says.

This kind of irrational nonsense is what makes people so hostile towards Christianity.

olhawk
01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi BSWNW,

Thanks for the invitation to join you. This has weighed heavily upon my mind for several days now and I have felt greatly impressed to do the same and ask others to join us. I am with you and will fast and pray. A scripture that keeps coming to my mind is found in St. Mark 9:29.

It is interesting to note that those we call the “Founding Fathers" were well read, intelligent, wise and good men. They were men of means and wealth. Yet, they were also humble enough to be men of faith and prayer. Furthermore, they attributed their success to the Almighty. Surely we are not of greater wisdom or intelligence than they. “One” example of this was Benjamin Franklin. During the Constitutional Convention, and at 81 years old, he made his famous plea for prayer as follows:

"In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for divine protection. Our prayers, sir, were heard; and they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending Providence in our favor. To that kind Providence we owe this happy opportunity of consulting in peace on the means of establishing our future national felicity. And have we now forgotten that powerful Friend? Or do we imagine that we no longer need [His] assistance? I have lived, sir, a long time; and the longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God governs in the affairs of men. ...." For the rest of his speech go to:

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/benfranklin.htm

Let us create a “Prayer and Fasting Bomb” for Super Tuesday as well as Florida and every election forthcoming. We could also take the money we save from the meals we would have eaten and donate it to the “Revolution”, even as someone here has suggested. Let’s fast and pray for at least the entire day (24 hours) before the election at hand. For those who feel to fast more than one day, then so be it. Let us also join with the Independent American Party, and take at least one minute every night and collectively pray for this country. Pray for its protection, its people, its troops, and for peace in the world. We could try and do this at the same time each evening, say at:

9:00 PM Eastern Time, 8:00 PM Central, 7:00 PM Mountain, 6:00 PM Pacific, stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying.

For those who do not understand the power of prayer and fasting because of lack of experience, it is difficult to explain. It would be like trying to explain how it feels to be shocked by electricity to someone who has not felt it. It is one of those things you have to experience to comprehend it. However, those of us who practice it and have personally experienced it know of its power, especially when combined with prayer. Jesus Christ and his disciples used this principle and so have many others, including Mahatma Gandhi.

Prayer when combined with fasting is more powerful than prayer alone. I, with you, call upon others to join with us and call upon the Hand of Providence to bestow upon this great Revolution, His blessing. May He open the hearts and minds of others, who are not with us in this quest to restore the Constitution, to join us in it. Moreover, may we be instruments in His Hands to help bring many more into the Revolution through our efforts. May He stretch forth His Hand to bless, strengthen and protect Congressman Ron Paul, who goes forth as David to battle Goliath. May the Almighty strengthen and unify us in this great cause that we may stay the course and triumph over our enemies. The odds were against our “Founding Fathers”, and so they are against us. However, if we call upon the Almighty even as they did, and cultivate the cause of “Liberty” by continuing to put our hand to the plow, then we too can triumph over our enemies. May He bless us to this end I pray.

Daniel

JohnM
01-23-2008, 04:23 PM
A sovereign God isn't going to change His mind because you, or 100 people like you, go without food for a day.
Fasting is NOT to manipulate God to manipulate other people.

And the same could be said of prayer.

I suggest that all of you get to a church that actually teaches theology, or read your Bibles with the mind of actually understanding what it says.

And yes, if there are any founding fathers reading this, that 'all of you' includes you, too. :D

hopeforthefuture
01-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Muslims vs Christians
Christians vs Jews
Jew vs Muslims
PEACE!!

I cannot believe you actually wrote that "humans in general are good"- we would not be in the mess we are in if humans were good. All of these hate-filled anti-Christian posts make me wonder how this country has come so far from its Christian roots. Have you read the history of this country? It was founded as a Christian nation. No, the public school textbooks won't tell the truth but most of the founding fathers were Godly men who looked to God's word for wisdom. And He gave it- that's why this country was so great. I am sad for you who don't have the assurance of a heavenly Father who loves and cares for His children.

benhaskins
01-23-2008, 05:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasting

asgardshill
01-23-2008, 05:37 PM
In general and when not done in extremis, the occasional fast is healthy - it reboots the digestive system and gives it a chance to rest. Especially if you're fasting from stuff like booze, cigarettes, high-sugar desserts, et al. Just don't short yourself on fluids - human beings can live for weeks sans food but only a few days without water.

Lent isn't for a while, so I might join you myself. I'll pass on the hairshirt this time though.