PDA

View Full Version : IS it the Military's Responsibility??

Crickett
01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
I read this article today, at

http://www.floridavote.us/2008/01/22/snowbirds-may-become-jailbirds-voter-fraud-investigations-expand/

At the end of it, it states the following:

Clean elections are integral to a Republican form of government which is why the U.S. Military may get involved by utilizing the Provost Marshal, to restore the integrity of the National Election process. It is the job of the U.S. Military to guarantee a Republican form of government.

This blew my mind..I went to the Provost Marshal (whatever that is) site and it says nothing about this. Where do we find if it IS the US Military's responsibility, and how to we get them to ensure chain of custody at all 18,000 precincts? It is very obvious that right now there IS election fraud going on in NH, so why not elsewhere? Does anyone know any more about this??

steph3n
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
are you sure you'd want the military doing this, IMO that is one step too far in the direction of Turkey or Pakistan.

redsrule2500
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
no.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Where in the Constitution is the military given the power to administrate elections?

bbachtung
01-22-2008, 06:00 PM
The Constitution does contain language guaranteeing to each state "a Republican form of government," but says nothing about using the military to do so.

offroadaz
01-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Id be against the military handling that.

It needs to be monitored by private citizens not another government group