PDA

View Full Version : HELP: What does Andrew Napolitano think of John McCain?

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Need a little help here. I've been dialoguing via email with my very neo-conservative grandpa, and we got onto the subject of the Patriot Act.

I referred him the "Judge Napolitano: Why The Patriot Act is Unconstitutional" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRSs6LsGeI&feature=PlayList&p=83534D56CDA5196A&index=2) video, and he replied:

Although “the judge” claims to be a conservative, he is not fooling me. I have listened to the daily “Brian and the Judge” radio program on Fox but not for more than about two minutes at a time. I usually hear “the Judge” say something utterly ridiculous and I turn off the program. Don’t forget, he is still a “judge” who seems to be enamored with McCain.

While I read a lot of Napolitano's writings, I admit I've only listened to Brian and the Judge once or twice, and I can't seem to find any sources where Napolitano praises anything about John McCain. It seems sort of strange, knowing what I know about Napolitano's constitutionalist views, that Napolitano would like a guy who authored McCain-Feingold.

Is Napolitano really enamored with McCain?

01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
bump for help

bbachtung
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Since he's endorsed Ron Paul, I don't know how he could be seen as in love with McCain.

McCain voted for an unconstitutional war, voted for the Patriot Act, and led the passage of the greatest abridgement of the 1st Amendment in generations (the McCain-Feingold Act restricting your right to contribute to candidates and causes for political advertising / advocacy).

The only thing that I could see the Judge liking about McCain is that he is against torture.

unconsious767
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Is the source for his statement this exchange between Schatz and Napolitano? (http://mediamatters.org/items/200604100001)

Sounds to me like Schatz mentions Mcjohnwayne, not Nappy

BreakYourChains
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Since he's endorsed Ron Paul, I don't know how he could be seen as in love with McCain.

McCain voted for an unconstitutional war, voted for the Patriot Act, and led the passage of the greatest abridgement of the 1st Amendment in generations (the McCain-Feingold Act restricting your right to contribute to candidates and causes for political advertising / advocacy).

The only thing that I could see the Judge liking about McCain is that he is against torture.

I don't think he has endorsed Ron Paul officially. If so, please reference so we can all see it. I know he has spoken highly of him on video, but not aware of any official endorsement...please enlighten me?

01-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't think he has endorsed Ron Paul officially. If so, please reference so we can all see it. I know he has spoken highly of him on video, but not aware of any official endorsement...please enlighten me?

No, Napolitano's never officially endorsed Ron Paul... just given highly highly positive mention.

bbachtung
01-22-2008, 05:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IgTFHsUjoY

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
You should try to get his e-mail address and ask him directly.

This page might help: http://www.judgenap.com/contact.shtml

bbachtung
01-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Here's something from Napolitano's latest book, A Nation of Sheep:

There is little we can do about this but warn our fellow Americans of liberty lost. At this writing, sixteen politicians are competing nationally to replace President Bush. There are eight Democrats and eight Republicans. With the exception of Representative Ron Paul -- in terms of fidelity to the Constitution -- it does not matter which one of them wins. Except for Congressman Paul, they all love power for its own sake, believe that big government should redistribute wealth, regard the Constitution as a quaint obstacle, and would enforce or disregard laws as they saw fit. All this without regard to our history, our values, or our natural rights . . .

werdd
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
im pretty sure the judge thinks mccain feingold is unconstitutional, and im pretty sure he is against the dream act, sponsored by john mccain.

angrydragon
01-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Those aren't endorsements bbachtung.