PDA

View Full Version : Online Straw Poll RP 2 Points Behind FT

Bossobass
07-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Just got this E-Mail, don't know if this poll has already been posted.

http://www.freedomworks.org/strawpoll/

Bosso

ChristopherJ
07-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Voted...Thanks.

Only 29 votes behind that poser FT!

JoshLowry
07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Voted, you have to give them an address so I wouldn't use your main one.

Make sure you fill out the 2nd page and check your email to click the link and confirm your vote.

Craig_R
07-30-2007, 08:56 PM
voted

Thom1776
07-30-2007, 09:00 PM
make that 9

monotony
07-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Six

LibertyBelle
07-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Voted. Bumpy bump.

Dustancostine
07-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Only 3 behind.

Richie
07-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Voted.

Avalon
07-30-2007, 09:09 PM
And here I was hoping to be the one to break FT...

Kregener
07-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Ron Paul takes the lead!

Mani
07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
voted.

scrosnoe
07-31-2007, 12:18 AM
voted

foofighter20x
07-31-2007, 12:22 AM
voted

Akus
07-31-2007, 12:24 AM
http://uploader.ws/upload/200707/untitled_177.jpg

:D

Electrostatic
07-31-2007, 12:35 AM
+131 and counting... :p

Dan Klaus
07-31-2007, 01:35 AM
voted...we're ahead...message sent to FT...and Newt..

qwerty
07-31-2007, 02:07 AM
Voted!

Lois
07-31-2007, 06:01 AM
I voted, but I don't like Polls that I have to tell where I live. They may come after me some day.

dmitchell
07-31-2007, 06:06 AM
I voted yesterday; RP is now winning by about 250 votes.

Johnnybags
07-31-2007, 06:33 AM
things thus far, either Rudy McRomney have little real support or their support is apathetic at best and basically the polls are name recognition games only. The fact that Ron is leading shows real support, Fred is doing well is name recognition, and even Newt is pulling in good numbers compared to Rudy McRomney is a little of both. However it also means that since few know of Dr. Paul that those that find out about are hooked and ardent supporters. I just wish Iowans could hear his message, and fast.

Keith
07-31-2007, 06:43 AM
I just voted. Ron Paul is leading the by 294 votes now. This poll has so many steps that I don't see how they can deny that we are real people, but I am sure they will.

Spirit of '76
07-31-2007, 07:10 AM
Voted.

Thor
07-31-2007, 07:23 AM
Voted, but the confirm email showed up in my spam folder.

Richie
07-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Bump

DisabledVet
07-31-2007, 04:03 PM
LOL....I must be late on this poll... Ron is so far ahead in the next hour Im going to have to use my horizontal scroll bar to see his vote count.

Horatio Negersky
07-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Haha pwn he has over 52% now.
-
Negersky

Lord Xar
07-31-2007, 04:13 PM
... nm

Larofeticus
07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Take a look at this site. We should really push hard to get their endorsment; their issues page is practically a mirror of ron's positions. Except for the soverenty stuff and no mention of foreign policy.

I'm seriously considering joining, and I think others should too. It would be a great way to promote ron.

Birdlady
07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
I voted, but I don't like Polls that I have to tell where I live. They may come after me some day.

If you own a cellphone, internet connection (obviously you do) or any utility such as electric, natural gas, or sewage, a bank account, credit card or mortgage, they already know everything about you. No need to worry anymore. Get over the fear.

ape
07-31-2007, 04:18 PM
3948 Votes (52.2 %)

wow, he is whoopin some tail.

I couldn't stop laughing at romneys head, it takes up the entire frame.

Larofeticus
07-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Take a look at this.

http://www.freedomworks.org/action/candidate/survey_template.php?can_id=1035

Normally we can add maybe 2k votes to a poll, but this one has us significantly higher.

I think the way this freedomworks members vote, ron paul would be winning even without our influence.

Johnnybags
07-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Rons got 4k by himself, lets get him 20k by Thursday

Wyurm
07-31-2007, 04:41 PM
I just voted and when I checked my e-mail I noticed the name of the sender. I sure hope its not this Dick Armey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Armey

Johnnybags
07-31-2007, 04:44 PM
He has had a change of heart, he knows we're headed for a disaster. Either that or we are all locked into an NSA database, all subversives!!!

MozoVote
07-31-2007, 06:00 PM
McCain is battling for dead last. Man, is he really gonna hang around until New Hampshire?

RP08
07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
53.3% for Ron Paul. Go Ron!

inibo
07-31-2007, 08:14 PM
I just voted. Ron Paul is leading the by 294 votes now. This poll has so many steps that I don't see how they can deny that we are real people, but I am sure they will.

I think that's the point. Whoever designed this poll--however they might feel personally about any given candidate--appears to actually want valid results.

Johnnybags
07-31-2007, 09:09 PM
first one in seven hours, closing in on Ron. Ron only leads this first tier candidate by 4,425 votes. 4,481 to 56. Lets show our support and bump him up before McCain roars past him. Romney is smiling and gaining ground, Guiliani the 3-1 favorite for the presidency is smiling and gaining ground fast. Thompson the Bush puppet, non candidate is rallying fast. For him, when he enters and speaks, his numbers only go down. Lets get Ron 20k votes before Thursday and make Dick Armey fudge those numbers.

RP08
08-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Awesome... 5087 @ 55.4%

There's a lotta' love out there man

Dustancostine
08-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Take a look at this site. We should really push hard to get their endorsment; their issues page is practically a mirror of ron's positions. Except for the soverenty stuff and no mention of foreign policy.

I'm seriously considering joining, and I think others should too. It would be a great way to promote ron.

Remember Armey is from Texas, so I am sure he and RP are at least know each other well. Maybe we could get an endorsement.

Thor
08-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Remember Armey is from Texas, so I am sure he and RP are at least know each other well. Maybe we could get an endorsement.

Armey has been pushing flat tax for a long time. Getting rid of the IRS completely would destroy all those years of flat tax effort. Not sure he would like that. Just like those fake Iowans for Tax Relief who did not invite Dr Paul to their event.

Dustancostine
08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Here is the biography of Armey, sound a little famaliar:

In 1972, he began what would be a 13-year stint at the University of North Texas. In 1977 Armey became chairman of North Texas' Economics Department, a promotion that he said took him away from the teaching he loved and into the "more political" part of the university. He wondered, for the first time, if his future lay in academics or elsewhere.

Legend has it that Dick Armey decided to pursue a career in public service while watching C-SPAN one night. For Armey, Washington had always seemed as a far off place where people were bigger than life. C-SPAN demystified Congress, convincing Armey that he could work effectively as an equal with the House members he came to know through television.

Armey was a strong believer in the policies of Ronald Reagan and he knew the President needed reinforcements in Congress. He was first elected to Congress in 1984 and went to Washington in 1985 as a novice, as he has said many times:"When I came to Washington, the only Congressman I'd known or spent much time with was the man I beat."

Outsider, supported Reagan, and an Economist.,

On his monetary conservatism:

Although Armey quickly made a name for himself in Washington as a member dedicated to good public policy based on conservative principles, the first notice Armey drew was for his sleeping habits not his legislating skills. As a freshman, he slept first in the House gym and then, after being ejected by then-Speaker O'Neill, on his office couch.

"I wasn't doing it to make a political statement, but because I had four boys in college. What parent wouldn't do the same? I always dreamed about sending my kids to college; I never dreamed about having an apartment in Washington, D.C."

Even more:

Upon taking office Armey delivered the line he has repeated often since, "The American people didn't give us power, they gave us responsibility."

Too bad he is still not in office:

http://www.freedomworks.org/armey/

Johnnybags
08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Leads McCain by 6,686 votes 6,757 to 71, McCain loves where his campaign is?
Leads Ghouliani by 6,423 votes 6,757 to 334, Gouliani 3-1 favorite for pres?wtf?
Leads Willard Romney by 6,228 votes 6,757 to 529, Willard is skipping all events???

Forget Thompson, he is a BushBot but Rons is crushing him by about 5k votes.

Lets get Ron 20k votes if we can, ask friends for help and only vote once please. Its getting awfully tight.

LastoftheMohicans
08-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Here is an Op-Ed by the late Murray Rothbard, a.k.a. Mr. Libertarian. Rothbard was also a friend and supporter of Ron Paul. This was written right after the fake "Republican Revolution" of 1994 but before the revolutionaries too office.

NEWT GINGRICH IS NO LIBERTARIAN

By Murray N. Rothbard
Friday, December 30, 1994 ; Page A17
E. J. Dionne is wrong in identifying the Republican elites, in particular the Gingrich faction, with the libertarian revolution {op-ed, Dec. 6} . The truth is that since we have been stuck with a two-party system, any electoral revolution against big government had to be expressed through a Republican victory. So it is certainly true that Newt Gingrich and his faction, as well as Robert Dole, have ridden to power on the libertarian wave.

But to speak, as Mr. Dionne does, of "the rise of libertarians as a key party constituency and the centrality of libertarian ideas to many of the party's new leaders" is going a bit too far.

As Ralph Nader -- no libertarian -- pointed out, it took less than a month for Gingrich, Rep. Dick Armey and the others to betray the new revolution by collaborating with President Clinton and a discredited Congress to push through the World Trade Organization, which institutionalizes government management of world trade, complete with punitive sanctions and fines.

Anti-interventionism (smeared as "isolationism") is at the heart of the Old Right, as Dionne mentions, and it is also the source of the libertarian split from the conservative mainstream during the Cold War. Yet, now that the Soviet Union and the Cold War are happily dead and gone, the Republican and Democratic elites continue in lockstep to favor pushing other countries around for their own alleged good, while imposing vast burdens on the American taxpayer. Gingrich and Dole, in fact, criticize Mr. Clinton's foreign policy for not being interventionist enough.

What could be a clearer example of the rift between the Gingrich-Dole-Armey Republican elites and the mass of the American public? The American people couldn't care less about Bosnia or Somalia or Haiti; they resist government-made multinational trade cartels, and they oppose foreign aid. Yet the Republican "conservatives" are at least as enthusiastic as Democratic liberals about these programs.

The same is true on the domestic front. The libertarian Old Right was born in opposition to Franklin D. Roosevelt and his New Deal. Yet Gingrich has repeatedly emphasized his devotion to FDR ("the greatest figure of the 20th century"), to his statist political program ("the truth is we would have voted for much of it"), and to his legacy ("He did bring us out of the Depression"). Accepting as truth the most damaging anti-capitalist cliche of the century, Gingrich reveals his ignorance of history as well as of economics.

Gingrich's support of the libertarian revolution is, so far, only lip service. His concrete proposals would likely expand the welfare state's burden on the taxpayers, for example, by forcing states to create and operate a vast array of government orphanages and group homes. Instead of being rearranged, spending should be slashed and the money returned to its original owners.

The Gingrichians had petty reservations about the Clinton crime bill, but they enthusiastically supported the dangerous nationalization of crime-fighting functions, which, according to both libertarian precepts and the Constitution, are supposed to dwell exclusively in the states and local communities. And we should never forget that Gingrich advocated a compromise with the president on health care.

Indeed, if a Democrat had delivered Newt Gingrich's acceptance speech, calling on the nation to "reach out together as a family" and promising to right every social wrong, Republicans would have ridiculed him as another Mario Cuomo. But call social engineering the "opportunity society" and it becomes "futurism."

Dick Armey, who in his early years in Congress was indeed, as Dionne says, influenced by the libertarian Ludwig von Mises, has also succumbed. In addition to his vote for the WTO, Mr. Armey has emphasized his strong support for the "untouchable" Social Security.

Social Security, now the largest government program, was also the biggest single tragedy of the New Deal. It plunders income and savings, wastes them in government spending, and then taxes people again to pay for the "insurance" benefits. No libertarian could pronounce this bankrupt and disastrous racket to be sacrosanct.

As Dionne would be the first to understand, though, none of this means the prognosis is hopeless. The Republican sweep has brought to Washington a number of libertarian-minded backbenchers. They will pressure the Republican elites from the libertarian right, reflecting both passionately held ideology and the libertarian mood of the people who elected them.

The writer is S.J. Hall distinguished professor of economics at the University of Nevada, and heads academic affairs for the Ludwig von Mises Institute in Auburn, Ala.

Articles appear as they were originally printed in The Washington Post and may not include subsequent corrections.

RP08
08-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Bump...

Seems like F Thompson ignorants are voting in droves and bringing down the nearly 60% Dr. Paul was holding earlier today.

richard1984
08-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I really don't understand why people would support Fred Thompson. I live in Tennessee, and I know that some people here support him just because he was a Tennessee senator, but what about the rest of them? Is it really just because he's well known as an actor? Because that's just a horrible reason to support him for president. I really don't understand some people.

Roxi
08-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Leads McCain by 6,686 votes 6,757 to 71, McCain loves where his campaign is?
Leads Ghouliani by 6,423 votes 6,757 to 334, Gouliani 3-1 favorite for pres?wtf?
Leads Willard Romney by 6,228 votes 6,757 to 529, Willard is skipping all events???

Forget Thompson, he is a BushBot but Rons is crushing him by about 5k votes.

Lets get Ron 20k votes if we can, ask friends for help and only vote once please. Its getting awfully tight.

are we seeing the same straw poll because fred thompson has the highest votes with just over 1,000 and ron paul has 7,200 everyone else is wayyyyyyyy behind.. so im not sure what poll your talking about