PDA

View Full Version : Editor wants to know why you have a RON PAUL bumper sticker

MozoVote
07-30-2007, 08:32 PM
This was a little something shown to me at the Rock Hill SC meetup. Apparently one of the editors at the Charlotte Observer was curious "What made you put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car?"

Mind you, this is the "York County SC" edition of the paper. I think the editors on main Charlotte Observer website may not even be aware of this.

Okee-dokee! :) Here was my letter:
-------------------------

I’m 39 years old an have never given any time, money or effort to a political candidiate. A few weeks ago however I drove to Greenville to hear Dr Paul speak, and came away with five bumper stickers bought from the “Granny Warriors” wagon. I’ve since helped mail letters to Iowa to tell people about Ron Paul.

People are hungry for the truth. We’re tired of politicians that promise their way into office and don’t deliver. Ron Paul is one of the few, with a consistent record that backs him up, that can connect with the skeptical and disenfranchised voters. He didn’t even want to run for office, it was his supporters that persuaded him! People that felt his message needed to be heard, and they convinced him to speak up.

We’ve now seen how badly the county is run, when someone (or his VP) gets into the White House and abuses power for personal reasons. We need someone to be elected who does not seek power, but who wants it returned to the people.

The country needs a rest from Washington DC’s beltway insiders that want to “solve” things. We don’t need to entrust “them” to protect us. Our trust allowed a mismanaged and unnecessary war to happen, and for our freedoms and rights to be curtailed in the name of “safety”.

It’s time to press the RESET button on Washington DC - and remind them it was THE PEOPLE who created the Consititution, and that the limitations on power that it defines, are not something politicians can ignore at their convenience.

----------------
So...... anybody else in SC want to explain why YOU have a Ron Paul bumper sticker? The press is actually ASKING us. :D

Send to tbright@charlotteobserver.com

nayjevin
07-31-2007, 12:04 AM
wow great writing!

what's the deadline on this?

MozoVote
07-31-2007, 06:55 AM
I don't know if it's a daily or weekly columnist. But think it appeared in Sunday or Monday's York county edition of the Observer.

danda
07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
So...... anybody else in SC want to explain why YOU have a Ron Paul bumper sticker? The press is actually ASKING us. :D
Send to tbright@charlotteobserver.com

We can give them over 1,200 reasons why people are supporting Ron Paul. rally.ronpaulplanet.org.