PDA

View Full Version : I'm humbled.

coboman
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
For the better part of this month I have been posting threads about the lame state of the donations.
The original goal of 23 million in 1 month, that at first seemed difficult but achievable, soon became ludicrous.

My pessimism brought me to observe more carefully our efforts, and conclude that we were done donating to the campaign. Payday (weekly money bomb) and Benjamin's for Paul were massive failures. (Check my thread here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89277))

I had expectation for MLK way below the $500,000 mark (I thought it would bring a mere $250,000).
Yet it brought close to 2 million, placing the donations for this month north of 3 million dollars.

I'm humbled. The kind of people supporting this campaign make me feel proud of being human. There is hope for USA, the world, and even humankind with people like this.

You have never lost hope, and never stopped fighting for a cause worth fighting for. With people like you, change will come.

Kudos to everyone, and keep fighting.

emk
01-22-2008, 04:41 PM
It's because of the 2nd in Nevada. Seriously. Not even Washington could keep fighting without the occasional victory.

LibertyForAll
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
And what makes the 1.8m even more special is that this is January, a month when so many are trying to pay off Christmas, a very slow time of year financially.

bucfish
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
I will not give up and I am sure RP will not either.

OrbitalGun
01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
1.8 million is actually 23 million... if we were on the gold standard ;)

tommy7154
01-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Ah I like that OP =) but remember this isn't strictly for Ron Paul this is for the future of our country. He's going to need a lot more to stay in this.

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
For the better part of this month I have been posting threads about the lame state of the donations.
The original goal of 23 million in 1 month, that at first seemed difficult but achievable, soon became ludicrous.

My pessimism brought me to observe more carefully our efforts, and conclude that we were done donating to the campaign. Payday (weekly money bomb) and Benjamin's for Paul were massive failures. (Check my thread here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89277))

I had expectation for MLK way below the $500,000 mark (I thought it would bring a mere $250,000).
Yet it brought close to 2 million, placing the donations for this month north of 3 million dollars.

I'm humbled. The kind of people supporting this campaign make me feel proud of being human. There is hope for USA, the world, and even humankind with people like this.

You have never lost hope, and never stopped fighting for a cause worth fighting for. With people like you, change will come.

Kudos to everyone, and keep fighting.

Hey man, it takes guts to publicly admit when you're wrong.

Kudos back at 'cha!

CaliforniaGold
01-22-2008, 05:16 PM
It's okay. We are get weary and down hearted. The important thing is that we stay open minded and open hearted.

Your penance is that you have to donate $5.00. LOL

Nicketas
01-22-2008, 07:24 PM

roversaurus
01-22-2008, 07:29 PM
I think we may be turning a corner.

People who left or went idle after the newsletter press and the disappointment
of Iowa and New Hampshire are looking again and seeing that juuuuuust
maybe he has a chance. Nevada REALLY helped.

ronpaulitician
01-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Just had another couple of layoffs at work, and times are hard(er), but made sure to donate another $50 to the cause.

Thompson's out.
Huckabee's broke.
Giuliani's lagging in Florida.
Paul came in second.

It's gonna be one heck of a year :)

Enzo
01-22-2008, 08:32 PM
The core Ron Paul supporters are not going anywhere... and we're not backing down.

I'd like to thank everyone here for continuing to support Ron Paul and the cause.

I'd also like to thank all the 9/11 "truthers" that everyone is so fond of bashing.

If not for Alex Jones and so many of his listeners, Ron Paul would probably not be running for president right now, and most of the money bombs would not be nearly as successful.

Even if you completely disagree with the 9/11 truth stuff, I think these people deserve a lot of credit. They are a huge asset to this movement.

And I don't mean to derail this thread with a debate on 9/11 truthers. Just a simple thank you for their participation and support.

justatrey
01-22-2008, 08:42 PM
I said I was done with moneybombs. Then, I donated on MLK day. I think we have to face this fact:

Donating on a money bomb day is fun. It feels good to be part of something big. Watching the graphs, etc. There is nothing fun about donating on a random day. If it weren't for MLK day, I may have been done donating. I'm sure there are many others who need that extra motivation to donate. This is why I support the money bombs 100% now - because we simply can't raise these massive amounts any other way.

So, when is the next one???

justatrey
01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
I'd like to thank everyone here for continuing to support Ron Paul and the cause.

I'd also like to thank all the 9/11 "truthers" that everyone is so fond of bashing.

If not for Alex Jones and so many of his listeners, Ron Paul would probably not be running for president right now, and most of the money bombs would not be nearly as successful.

Even if you completely disagree with the 9/11 truth stuff, I think these people deserve a lot of credit. They are a huge asset to this movement.

And I don't mean to derail this thread with a debate on 9/11 truthers. Just a simple thank you for their participation and support.

I just finished leaving Ron Paul messages under a bunch of 9/11 truth videos on You Tube. If someone else hadn't done the same thing, I would have never heard of Ron Paul, my family and friends wouldn't support him, my $300 would be in my pocket, and I'd be supporting Obama or something.

BigRedBrent
01-23-2008, 04:21 AM
I said I was done with moneybombs. Then, I donated on MLK day. I think we have to face this fact:

Donating on a money bomb day is fun. It feels good to be part of something big. Watching the graphs, etc. There is nothing fun about donating on a random day. If it weren't for MLK day, I may have been done donating. I'm sure there are many others who need that extra motivation to donate. This is why I support the money bombs 100% now - because we simply can't raise these massive amounts any other way.

So, when is the next one???

I think you may have something with this. I think a great number of people would not donate at all if it wasn't for the money bombs. I guess in a sense they do make it more special and prompt those who would never donate to do so. I just wish we could at least break the 6 MILL mark with every single one. :P

jesse27
01-23-2008, 05:26 AM
I found out about Paul because I seen, who's Ron Paul, on a dollar bill in NE.

CurtisLow
01-23-2008, 05:43 AM
/////

Airborn
01-23-2008, 06:26 AM
[edit] nevermind

noztnac
01-23-2008, 06:52 AM
People either said I was crazy or they ignored me. But I posted the winning strategy months ago. Nothing was done and now we are marching zombie-like towards an inevitable loss.

Please look at my thread again. Add comments. Get the info to the campaign now!

We have the money. If we spend it on these types of ads we can win. If we keep doing what we've been doing so far we will lose.

People aren't getting all of these subtle points. We need to hit them over the head with a reality hammer. Maybe the guys running the campaign could use a hit or two as well.

I hate to see us lose without even putting up a decent fight.:mad:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74702

Abyss
01-23-2008, 09:45 PM
yep I wouldnt' donate if not for the money bombs, they are awesome. I think that one every 2-3 weeks or so woudl be good,

6M every 2-3 weeks = 400K a day