PDA

View Full Version : Update on LA

Melissa
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Ok Jennifer called me and this is what she told me --now I have no clue what is going on so please no questions this is all I know as I am in Indiana --just relaying info for you guys

Ok she said 1 poll worker she did not know is for RP

She got one guy waiting in line to vote for RP --She said they dont open for another half hour

She said Romney has 7 delegates on the slate and 2 alt and she said this was good news so far for us --I dont know why but will keep you updated

I am going to move it all up here

2nd UPDATE

Ok she said since Goul and Huck and Thompson people had no full slate - then created a pro life/pro family table and went intogether to get the 15 delegate slate

Ok she just called and said

No Huck supporters that she can see

Mccain has full slate in all Districts except 7 and 1 alt--so that is our competition

*************3rd update*****************

Ok she said since Goul and Huck and Thompson people had no full slate - then created a pro life/pro family table and went intogether to get the 15 delegate slate

******************4th UPDATE**************

Ok Just for off the phone with Jenn and I think that Torchbearer is there too

The say they are feeling good

The Huck/Goul/Thompson people that made a table called Pro-life -Pro Family put some of there names on the Mccain and Romney slate-----SO Jenn is letting people Know when they come in because the people coming in think this gorup (Pro-life and Pro Family are uncommited and Jenn is letting them know that is not true

The people there said that no one could watch the vote count but the GOP and Jenn called HQ and they are going to be there because it has been fixed because every campaign can have 1 Person watch the vote count

Xonox
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the update... I can't wait to see what happens.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 04:37 PM
me too

Jobarra
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Ok Jennifer called me and this is what she told me --now I have no clue what is going on so please no questions this is all I know as I am in Indiana --just relaying info for you guys

Ok she said 1 poll worker she did not know is for RP

She got one guy waiting in line to vote for RP --She said they dont open for another half hour

She said Romney has 7 delegates on the slate and 2 alt and she said this was good news so far for us --I dont know why but will keep you updated
I would suspect it means that there are essentially 8 spots open for Ron Paul supporters if Romney's money and organization pay off and get those 7 spots. The alternates are most likely a non issue since a ton of the districts got Ron Paul alternates by default since those are the only ones that signed up.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
I would suspect it means that there are essentially 8 spots open for Ron Paul supporters if Romney's money and organization pay off and get those 7 spots. The alternates are most likely a non issue since a ton of the districts got Ron Paul alternates by default since those are the only ones that signed up.

glad you understood that lol thanks I just wrote it down what she told me and she said she would call me again if and when she had more info

rollingpig
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
thanks for the update! how's the voter trun out?

Melissa
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM

Mccain has full slate in all Districts except 7 and 1 alt--so that is our competition

tsetsefly
01-22-2008, 05:12 PM

damn, mccain, so much support down south...

Melissa
01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
she had a person come to her table as she was telling me time to go so keep your fingers crossed

seapilot
01-22-2008, 05:17 PM
damn, mccain, so much support down south...

Maybe RP should have insulted the confederate flag....jk

Melissa
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
if you guys want to know what is going on in at least one district in LA help me keep this bumped

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
will do, how do I bump? :P

Wyurm
01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
if you guys want to know what is going on in at least one district in LA help me keep this bumped

Ok, will do (i.e. bump)

rollingpig
01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
blimp

parke
01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
bump

pacelli
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
bump!

Melissa
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
thanks guys I am scared of Mccain lol

Wyurm
01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
thanks guys I am scared of Mccain lol

Why? Does he actually have alot of support? I really don't see what it is about him that attracts anyone.

Soccrmastr
theres a subforum for this.

jsgolfman
Thanks for the updates, from a fellow hoosier.

CoreyBowen999
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Why? Does he actually have alot of support? I really don't see what it is about him that attracts anyone.

hes offering to be their friends.
a.ka. " My friends"

Kotin
01-22-2008, 05:35 PM
bump

Melissa
01-22-2008, 05:35 PM

ok come on I never hardly make new threads that makes me mad too but I am just posting updates dont shoot the messanger--just thought I would be nice to give you guys this info

yongrel
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM

eh, i think we can let this slide, considering the subject.

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
hmm, this 3rd update is not good, hmm... ?

Melissa
01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
eh, i think we can let this slide, considering the subject.

Thank You :)

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
bumpity

skinnyskittles1989
01-22-2008, 05:43 PM
bump

evadmurd
01-22-2008, 05:43 PM
//

johnrocks
01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
I was a Rep. for 28 years and changed to libertarian for a few months before switching back and now I can't vote in the damn caucus.:mad:

arctica2
01-22-2008, 05:48 PM
3rd update is definitely bad news:(

speciallyblend
01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
thanks for update if it wasnt in this forum ,i would have never known;) i always tell people dont open a thread,thats your right,but to open a thread and complain on section or location or the info,simply dont open the thread end of story

Melissa
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
thanks for update if it wasnt in this forum ,i would have never known;) i always tell people dont open a thread,thats your right,but to open a thread and complain on section or location or the info,simply dont open the thread end of story

Thanks and bump

Doriath
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
LOL. If the Ghoul is pro-life, I'm a cucumber. And Thompson quit. Hey, c'mon, vote for the cross-dressing Baptist quitter ticket!!

Sadly, it will probably work...

bobo37
01-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Nothing like a good bump

dw1345
01-22-2008, 06:01 PM
bump

Dave Wood
01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
I am so confused now

Melissa
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I am so confused now

me too lol but actually think I am starting to understand as I talk to her what are you confused about

Melissa
01-22-2008, 06:09 PM
bump

OKRonPaul
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
bump for clarity

acroso
01-22-2008, 06:14 PM
3rd update is bad :/ ?

Inspiration link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRq-gelZFgg&feature=related)

Melissa
01-22-2008, 06:15 PM
3rd update is bad :/ ?

I dont know if it is bad or just could be bad

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
who the hell moved it ?! blimp pimps are ok, but something as important is moved right away? pfff

Melissa
01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
who the hell moved it ?! blimp pimps are ok, but something as important is moved right away? pfff

I guess I did not realize it got moved sorry to any if I put it in the wrong place just thought some would want to know

arctica2
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
ahhh more updates, please:)

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 06:19 PM
you did right, some people are just overreacting
instead of 1 VALUABLE thread they will have now 10 new threads an hour with titles like "what happens in LA?!?!?!"

Melissa
01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
you did right, some people are just overreacting
instead of 1 thread they will have now 10 new threads an hours with titles "what happens in LA?!?!?!"

Thanks

Xonox
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Im confused on third update... It could be good for Dr. Paul though right? since he's pro-life...

Ronin
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
What's the role of alternates? From the thread below it seems we already have close to a majority. Do alternates vote in the state convention or are they there for the no shows from the caucases?

If they can vote and we get the majority of alternates (I think we need 2-3 more), then all we need to get tonight is 44 delegates state wide??

Maybe I'm way off, but the lagop site isn't very clear on all this.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=95375

Melissa
01-22-2008, 06:27 PM
my understanding is since the huck/goul/thompson group did not have enough for a full slate by themselves they banned together and called themselves pro life/pro family

dawnbt
01-22-2008, 06:34 PM

No kidding! I didn't even know there was a caucus in LA today! This post is when I realized it!

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
01-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I was a Rep. for 28 years and changed to libertarian for a few months before switching back and now I can't vote in the damn caucus.:mad:

Get back to your troll home at hannity! =P

RonPaulFTW08
01-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Hmm... we've been winning pretty much all of the online polls except recently... I think people are finally getting off their computers and going out to vote, canvass, etc...

GOOOOOOOOOOOO RON PAUL!!!!

purplechoe
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
"W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie"

I think you got that wrong ;)

it's "Chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie w Szczebrzeszynie"

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 06:58 PM
"W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie"

I think you got that wrong ;)

it's "Chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie w Szczebrzeszynie"

No, it's actually right :) I had that second quote in my sig before, because that's how I remembered it from my childhood (that's how we quoted it back then, I don't know why), but I checked that recently and fixed by sig :D

Here you have the original poem:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrzaszcz

LOL, I'd like to hear some of you guys/gals trying to spell that! :D

EDIT: hey, on that wiki page is an audio file for some curious ones

literatim
01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
my understanding is since the huck/goul/thompson group did not have enough for a full slate by themselves they banned together and called themselves pro life/pro family

Do they know Ghoul is pro-choice? Ron Paul supporters should point that out.

They can only vote for one candidate. I can see the arguing now.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:00 PM

no no she said they formed a group to fill the 15 delegate spot since each of those groups did not have enough on thier own

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Thompson dropped out, tell that supporter to go home :)

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
still waiting she has not called me yet but I dont think voting is done for 1 hour

JustBcuz
01-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Do they know Ghoul is pro-choice? Ron Paul supporters should point that out.

No, you can vote for 15 candidates! You have 15 votes, and there are 15 Ron Paul delegate candidates on each ballot. Hence the 'full slate'

But Ghoul & Huck don't have 15 candidates, so they banded together to try and keep us from sweeping.

literatim
01-22-2008, 07:04 PM
No, you can vote for 15 candidates! You have 15 votes, and there are 15 Ron Paul delegate candidates on each ballot. Hence the 'full slate'

But Ghoul & Huck don't have 15 candidates, so they banded together to try and keep us from sweeping.

Don't they still need to get more votes than Ron Paul supporters in every district? That seems highly unlikely.

Just because they have a 15 delegates, doesn't mean they will get any of them voted in.

Ron Paul supporters should be over there wooing everyone and informing them that the Ghoul is pro-choice and anti-family. The Ghoul freaking dresses in drag, why would any Thompson or Huckabee supporter support the Ghoul?

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM

Goul Huck and Thompson did this

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Ghoul is pro choice. Ron just got the endorsement of the original Roe now pro life today. Thompson just dropped out. Sounds bizarre

johnrocks
01-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Get back to your troll home at hannity! =P

What the hell are you talking about dude. I've supported RP for years and have donated to his campaign. I enjoy debating those guys over there and get flamed constantly for being a supporter.

literatim
01-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Goul Huck and Thompson did this

I assume this doesn't mean they are doing this in all other districts.

JustBcuz
01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Don't they still need to get more votes than Ron Paul supporters in every district? That seems highly unlikely.

Just because they have a 15 delegates, doesn't mean they will get any of them voted in.

Exactly. The way it seems to be working is when you walk in, there's a table there for each candidate. At the table you get a piece of paper with that candidate's delegate candidates.

Doesn't mean you have to vote that way. You could vote for 3 Romney guys, 5 Ron Paul's, 3 McCain's, 2 Hucks, a Ghoul, & a Thompson if you really, really wanted to.

Or you could just spend one vote on your cousin who's running. But you can't spend all 15 votes on one guy.

Now please keep in mind, I'm not from or in LA, so this is largely speculation. :)

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:12 PM
I assume this doesn't mean they are doing this in all other districts.

I dont know I talked to Jennifer hear and torchbearer are at the same location I think and she told me the number of delegates for all the districts for Romney / Paul and Mccain so not sure what the last groups are doing in other districts that is just what she told me is going on in hers

Son of Detroit
01-22-2008, 07:12 PM
John is one of the few RP supporters at Hannity.com who actually puts those against Paul in their places.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Exactly. The way it seems to be working is when you walk in, there's a table there for each candidate. At the table you get a piece of paper with that candidate's delegate candidates.

Doesn't mean you have to vote that way. You could vote for 3 Romney guys, 5 Ron Paul's, 3 McCain's, 2 Hucks, a Ghoul, & a Thompson if you really, really wanted to.

Or you could just spend one vote on your cousin who's running. But you can't spend all 15 votes on one guy.

Now please keep in mind, I'm not from or in LA, so this is largely speculation. :)

I think this is what i got out of it when she called me so I think you are correct

literatim
01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I dont know I talked to Jennifer hear and torchbearer are at the same location I think and she told me the number of delegates for all the districts for Romney / Paul and Mccain so not sure what the last groups are doing in other districts that is just what she told me is going on in hers

I am still a bit confused. Let's say 3 candidates have 15 delegates and alt delegates each to choose from. Who decides which 15 get chosen?

acroso
01-22-2008, 07:16 PM
National Review Corner update in LA

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Ok here is what i think -- not positive but think it is like this--- Each candidate can have 15 delegates on the ballot -- then when people walk in to caucus they see the table of the person they want to support and then get the list of the 15 people running for that candidate--so then you go in the booth and you pick up to 15 people --so if you are a Romney person and there is only 7 people on the slate you either only vote 7 or you have to fill the other 8 with some other candidiates supporters --does that help

Real_CaGeD
01-22-2008, 07:18 PM
What the hell are you talking about dude. I've supported RP for years and have donated to his campaign. I enjoy debating those guys over there and get flamed constantly for being a supporter.

John I follow your threads over there. Keep up the fight. You need to corner them on the GOP talking point of name calling.

JustBcuz
01-22-2008, 07:19 PM
I am still a bit confused. Let's say 3 candidates have 15 delegates and alt delegates each to choose from. Who decides which 15 get chosen?

When you go in to vote, the ballot they give you has like 50 or 60 names on it.

Those names don't have Ron Paul, or Romney, or anything like that next to them.

Soooooo...The Ron Paul guys out by the front door give you a sheet of paper with the 15 names of Ron Paul guys on it.

You can vote for up to 15 people out of the 50/60 on the ballot. If Romney has 10 guys running, theoretically the Romney voters could vote for 10 Romney guys & 5 Ron Paul guys. Or maybe they vote for the 10 Romney guys and don't use their extra 5 votes.

Are you seeing the value of the full slate yet? ;)

Don't sweat the alternates. That's already in the bag. Many Ron Paul alternates won because they ran unopposed.

JustBcuz
01-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Ok here is what i think -- not positive but think it is like this--- Each candidate can have 15 delegates on the ballot -- then when people walk in to caucus they see the table of the person they want to support and then get the list of the 15 people running for that candidate--so then you go in the booth and you pick up to 15 people --so if you are a Romney person and there is only 7 people on the slate you either only vote 7 or you have to fill the other 8 with some other candidiates supporters --does that help

Yeah. like that :)

literatim
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
When you go in to vote, the ballot they give you has like 50 or 60 names on it.

Those names don't have Ron Paul, or Romney, or anything like that next to them.

Soooooo...The Ron Paul guys out by the front door give you a sheet of paper with the 15 names of Ron Paul guys on it.

You can vote for up to 15 people out of the 50/60 on the ballot. If Romney has 10 guys running, theoretically the Romney voters could vote for 10 Romney guys & 5 Ron Paul guys. Or maybe they vote for the 10 Romney guys and don't use their extra 5 votes.

Are you seeing the value of the full slate yet? ;)

Don't sweat the alternates. That's already in the bag. Many Ron Paul alternates won because they ran unopposed.

I see. So who actually votes in the caucus though?

JustBcuz
01-22-2008, 07:23 PM
I see. So who actually votes in the caucus though?

Any Registered Republican that got registered before their deadline a couple of weeks ago...and who shows up to vote.

Sounds to me like the general population in LA doesn't know much about this part of the deal, they just know about the straw vote early next month.

BreakYourChains
bump

arctica2
LOL we should have ...made a mistake and printed other sheets of paper with out delegates on it that had: "Mitt Romney" and "John McCain" at the top.

We'd never actually do that, of course, but...

Melissa
any one that I think was a registered republican by a certain date and I think the date was a month or two ago --plus the people there --you can vote for yourself

rojodiablouno
Ok so does LA have a "full slate" and just how many is that?

hawkeyenick
01-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Any Registered Republican that got registered before their deadline a couple of weeks ago...and who shows up to vote.

Sounds to me like the general population in LA doesn't know much about this part of the deal, they just know about the straw vote early next month.

thumbs up their asses boys...thumbs up their asses

cputter
stupid question from outsider:

are there like any official results for tonight? something that can garner support in upcoming states before feb. 9th?

literatim
Is the campaign calling voters?

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Ok so does LA have a "full slate" and just how many is that?

yes Paul and mccain both had 15 that is full slate in all districts except Mccain did not have a full slate in district 7

JustBcuz
01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Is the campaign calling voters?

They damn well better be!!!

;)

fuzzybekool
01-22-2008, 07:29 PM
if anyone has updates on how it is going in LA. come to chat on ronpaulradio cuz everyone keeps asking what is going on lol.

literatim
01-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Melissa, I hope everyone over at the caucus is reminding voters that Ron Paul was endorsed by 'Roe'. :)

bobo37
stupid question from outsider:

are there like any official results for tonight? something that can garner support in upcoming states before feb. 9th?

That's what I want to know

rojodiablouno
Ok so conceivably we could win in every district?

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Melissa, I hope everyone over at the caucus is reminding voters that Ron Paul was endorsed by 'Roe'. :)

I think that Jenn even made some small signs mentioning that :)

FluffyUnbound
01-22-2008, 07:33 PM
That's what I want to know

The campaign knows who their delegates are, and if those slates win, you'll hear about it, believe me.

Then we have to bomb the media.

JustBcuz
01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Ok so conceivably we could win in every district?

Short version. Yes.

If not every single delegate, we want a true majority at the State Convention.

trey4sports
01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
The campaign knows who their delegates are, and if those slates win, you'll hear about it, believe me.

Then we have to bomb the media.

amen fluffy, amen

Pauls' Revere
01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Where can we see the results!

boethius27
01-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Where can we see the results!

yes, where are the results?

Sarge
01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
You can see the results here as they post.

No where else tonight. Stay tuned.

cputter
01-22-2008, 07:41 PM

jim70769
01-22-2008, 07:42 PM
I just got back from voting at Jefferson Church. I was suprised how crowded it was. Looks like the Ron Paul guys have everything under control. The majority of people seemed to be Ron Paul supporters. Lots of RP signs.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
new 4th update

Xonox
01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
I just got back from voting at Jefferson Church. I was suprised how crowded it was. Looks like the Ron Paul guys have everything under control. The majority of people seemed to be Ron Paul supporters. Lots of RP signs.

Excellent. Hopefully it was like that everywhere.

billyjoeallen
01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Some one has to youtube that!!!

Lou - "Edwards?! That can't possibly be right, some Edtard nerd must've hacked our internetz."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarge
01-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Help us out. What district is Jefferson Church.

TIA

aymn27
Im in Dist 7..got a phone call last night and tonite from a real person....and prolife for RP was out at caucus handing out flyers and mentioning row...

man..they were organized here..I was so impressed!

my estimate RP 2:1 possibly 3:1 support more than any other...I only saw a romney table and a few romney supporters.

Melissa

TIA

I dont have that info sorry

johnrocks
01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
I dont have that info sorry

Jefferson Parish I would think.:p

Airborn
01-22-2008, 07:51 PM

TIA

dist. 6 - plenty of Rp supporters there, no worries I think we took this one

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:56 PM
bump

Sarge
01-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Thank you,

1, 6, and 7 look promising. Just keep the good news coming in gang.

Thank you all for the super human efforts in LA. Dr. Paul can shout the results at the debate if all goes well the rest of the night.

boethius27
01-22-2008, 07:57 PM
http://www400.sos.louisiana.gov:8090/cgibin/?rqstyp=elcms2&rqsdta=020908

Melissa
01-22-2008, 07:58 PM

That is not a link for tonight check my updates

Airborn
01-22-2008, 07:59 PM

that looks to be for the primary

rojodiablouno
01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Dr. Paul's economic views are helping I am sure, what with the stock market crashing as we speak.

hueylong
01-22-2008, 08:01 PM
That's NOT a link for tonight -- it's for the Feb 9th primary.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 08:03 PM
bump and thanks mods

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
back in its place... bump

Melissa
01-22-2008, 08:07 PM
back in its place... bump

haha I asked real nice

CJLauderdale4
01-22-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm from New Orleans. Mom lives in District 1 in LA.
She has three of her co-workers there (one may be RP).

She says there are RON PAUL SIGNS EVERYWHERE IN CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 1 !!!!

Great Job - Let's hear it for the Covington, LA Meetup!!!!

Melissa
01-22-2008, 08:14 PM
and the district I am reporting on is 5

yankee_blue
01-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I posted this in other threads, but I'll post here.That "pro life" thing is a farce and I should have taken a picture of it. I wouldn't spend 2 seconds worrying about it.
I basically means that huck/romney/whoever did not have enough delegates! That means that voting for the 15 delegates on that sheet didn't really cast a vote for anyone in particular...

Folks, Ron has got this sewed up based on what I saw. Everyone take a deep breath and a glass of wine and relax. All the worrying and work has been done by the grassroots down here. I'd almost call tonight a formality. Believe it or not!!!!

Melissa
01-22-2008, 08:18 PM
I posted this in other threads, but I'll post here.That "pro life" thing is a farce and I should have taken a picture of it. I wouldn't spend 2 seconds worrying about it.
I basically means that huck/romney/whoever did not have enough delegates! That means that voting for the 15 delegates on that sheet didn't really cast a vote for anyone in particular...

Folks, Ron has got this sewed up based on what I saw. Everyone take a deep breath and a glass of wine and relax. All the worrying and work has been done by the grassroots down here. I'd almost call tonight a formality. Believe it or not!!!!

that is what Jenn told me too I put it in my updates

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 08:19 PM

Wow, that is so good to hear.. Man I'm ready to pop an old bottle of wine I've been saving for a special occasion !

scandinaviany3
01-22-2008, 08:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkkV5_88WfE&feature=user

This link by chuck baldwin and the jane roe support for ron on today memory of todays roe v wade march support should shake up the pro lifer and pro family for what he has done in the congress

grizzums
01-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Louisiana gr, y'all rock!

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 08:22 PM
haha I asked real nice

oh, personal charm then.. ;)

kaleidoscope eyes
01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
bump

Melissa
01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
oh, personal charm then.. ;)

Might have also been that I dont get in any trouble here lol Usually only nice posts

Xonox
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
The suspense is killing me!
Any idea when we'll know the results?

jim70769
01-22-2008, 08:27 PM

TIA

District 6

TaiwanGuy
01-22-2008, 08:28 PM
when we do know the results, will it be alright to trumpet them loud and far? i mean, there is no reason to keep this on the down-low, right?

bobo37
01-22-2008, 08:28 PM
I heard from someone who voted and they said they voted for a full slate of RP supporters plus a full slate of alternates. And there were alot of people that supported RP that she had never seen. It looks good

Mark37snj
01-22-2008, 08:30 PM

I keep reading that and if its true than... YOU LA ROCK!!!!!!!

yankee_blue
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
when we do know the results, will it be alright to trumpet them loud and far? i mean, there is no reason to keep this on the down-low, right?

louisiana4liberty
01-22-2008, 08:35 PM
LOL we should have ...made a mistake and printed other sheets of paper with out delegates on it that had: "Mitt Romney" and "John McCain" at the top.

We'd never actually do that, of course, but...

I was actually worried about someone possibly tricking me with the delegate sheets they were handing out. One person gave me a white sheet that listed the RP delegates and alternate RP delegates for all of the districts. I wasn't about to just take that sheet and use it without verifying whether it was valid. I walked over to the RP table and spoke with a grassroot leader who gave me another list of the RP delegates and alternates for just MY DISTRICT. The list matched the original white form I was given so I felt quite confident using the grassroot sheet to vote.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Gosh LA you guys are awesome

FluffyUnbound
01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
The campaign absolutely must issue a statement - TONIGHT - about how they believe their activist / delegate slates have performed.

If they don't know, they SHOULD know.

If they know, they should say what they know.

[Unless we got crushed.]

CJLauderdale4
I just heard they are handing out full Ron Paul slate lists to all who enter the voting areas. ROn Paul has his own teams at every voting location handing them out, so you basically go in there and vote for who they tell you on the sheet!!!

NICE JOB!!!

Mark

TIA

This site has a lot of information --> http://www.lagop.com/

2008 LAGOP Caucus Site Information

Delegate Names too

http://www.lagop.com/

It may be this one:

Baton Rouge
Jefferson Baptist Church
9135 Jefferson Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Room: Activities Building
Parishes: St. Helena, Livingston, W. Feliciana, E. Feliciana, Point Coupee, E. Baton Rouge, W. Baton Rouge, Iberville, Ascension

Mark
01-22-2008, 08:41 PM
District 6

District 6 Delegates:

http://www.lagop.com/docs/Official_Ballot_CD_6D.PDF

bobo37
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Still trying to find out if this will help us today "winning a state" does anyone know. If this is the case the MSM will have to report this, probably on page 30 in the paper

davrobi
01-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Just got back from District 7 in Lafayette, I was there from about 7 to 7:50 or so.
As indicated earlier Ron Paul had 15 delegates running out of a total of 63.
Mitt Romney had about 10 or 11 delagates running.
The "uncommitted" slate had 15 delegates which was Profamily, ProLife, ProReagan as per their flyer.
Hard to tell if anyone else had truely committed delegates since there were no flyers for others candidates I could find.
I saw a couple of Guiliani supporters, no visible presence from McCain's or Huckabee's folks that I could see.
Ron Paul folks were waving signs before entrance into the facility, no one else.
Hard to tell what will come out of this, but folks at the sign-in table said many many folks had registered with them prior to voting.

CJLauderdale4
01-22-2008, 08:45 PM
They'll report it like they reported Wyoming's caucus.
After the fact and a big "who cares"...

But, delegates are delegates, no matter where they come from...

So, OWN IT, LOUISIANA!!!

CJLauderdale4
01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Just got back from District 7 in Lafayette, I was there from about 7 to 7:50 or so.
The "uncommitted" slate had 15 delegates which was Profamily, ProLife, ProReagan as per their flyer.
Hard to tell if anyone else had truely committed delegates since there were no flyers for others candidates I could find.
I saw a couple of Guiliani supporters, no visible presence from McCain's or Huckabee's folks that I could see.
Ron Paul folks were waving signs before entrance into the facility, no one else.
Hard to tell what will come out of this, but folks at the sign-in table said many many folks had registered with them prior to voting.

Nice!!
MY mother said that there are RP sings everywhere in District 1. Is this true in Distrct 7???

Xonox
01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
They'll report it like they reported Wyoming's caucus.
After the fact and a big "who cares"...

But, delegates are delegates, no matter where they come from...

So, OWN IT, LOUISIANA!!!

exactly. The media cannot bring us down so long as we have delegates!

Shii
So weird... we beat Romney but we're tied with Ronald Reagan? I guess the candidates banding together under "uncommitted" think if they chant his name enough he will appear in Minneapolis next summer

bobo37
Sounds like the delagets don't vote until Feb 16th, that sucks but it's still great if the majority of them are RP supporters. They are uncommited unless a candidate receives more that 50% on Feb 9th

Melissa
01-22-2008, 08:54 PM
So weird... we beat Romney but we're tied with Ronald Reagan? I guess the candidates banding together under "uncommitted" think if they chant his name enough he will appear in Minneapolis next summer

actually my understanding is this was Goul/huck/Thompson supporters that did not have enough so they banded together --strange bedfellows

dude58677
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
actually my understanding is this was Goul/huck/Thompson supporters that did not have enough so they banded together --strange bedfellows

So what are the results of LA?:mad::mad::mad: Losing patience!

Melissa
01-22-2008, 08:58 PM

as my understanding only 1 person can watch the vote so I dont know who that person reports to

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 08:58 PM

Amen, brother!

Mark
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM

http://www.weaselcircus.com/funnypics/chillpill.jpg

hueylong
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
We aren't going to know for awhile. They're counting the PAPER ballots.

By the end of the night, our people should be able to tell us how many of our delegates were elected out of the 105...

davrobi
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
The only signs in Lafayette outside of the caucus building were Ron Paul signs.
Got to give kudos to the Lafayette meetup group

Mark
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Amen, brother!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/6/e/26e38e3c7cf1323c7da46e24d6653b30.jpg

Mark
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Just some comic relief

Melissa
01-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Just some comic relief

Dr Paul did say have fun

lupester
01-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Hold!

louisiana4liberty
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I voted at the District 1 site and saw RP signs all the way down the street from the voting site. There were RP signwavers in front of the building too. I saw no other supporters with signs outside the building.

I also saw RP delegates talking to people outside the building. They were handing out RP delegate sheets for District 1 and introducing themselves to people walking in the building. There was one RP table and one Romney table in the building. The RP table actually faced you as you walked in and was clearly more visible than the Romney table which was facing a wall in the hallway. I saw no visible signs of Huckabee supporters(no tables,no promoters period) but did see one McCain supporter handing out their delegate sheets.

Overall, I was quite impressed with the turnout I saw for RP. We should do quite well in my district. :D

Melissa
01-22-2008, 09:09 PM
I voted at the District 1 site and saw RP signs all the way down the street from the voting site. There were RP signwavers in front of the building too. I saw no other supporters with signs outside the building.

I also saw RP delegates talking to people outside the building. They were handing out RP delegate sheets for District 1 and introducing themselves to people walking in the building. There was one RP table and one Romney table in the building. The RP table actually faced you as you walked in and was clearly more visible than the Romney table which was facing a wall in the hallway. I saw no visible signs of Huckabee supporters(no tables,no promoters period) but did see one McCain supporter handing out their delegate sheets.

Overall, I was quite impressed with the turnout I saw for RP. We should do quite well in my district. :D

Thank you

ChristyInLouisiana
01-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Ok, let me try to explain what my ballot looked like. There were 30-40 names on it. I got to pick UP TO 15 people on that list. When I got there, I got a "sample ballot" from the RP table. On this sample ballot, the RP "delegates" were in bold print. There was one name highlighted. That sample ballot varied from district to district. I was in district 3. Since I was not on the list (but still got to vote, they just have to verify I was registered before the 30th of November, which I was) I had to fill my paper out and hand it to another women who placed it in a box of what I'm assuming was voters that had to be verified. So, how RP delegates gets in is like this. Everyone picks up to 15 names off of that list. Those names with the most votes get the delegate spots. You didnt have to pick 15, you could pick 1, you could pick 2, you could pick anything up to 15. If you picked 16 that would void your entire ballot, meaning no one you voted for would count.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Ok, let me try to explain what my ballot looked like. There were 30-40 names on it. I got to pick UP TO 15 people on that list. When I got there, I got a "sample ballot" from the RP table. On this sample ballot, the RP "delegates" were in bold print. There was one name highlighted. That sample ballot varied from district to district. I was in district 3. Since I was not on the list (but still got to vote, they just have to verify I was registered before the 30th of November, which I was) I had to fill my paper out and hand it to another women who placed it in a box of what I'm assuming was voters that had to be verified. So, how RP delegates gets in is like this. Everyone picks up to 15 names off of that list. Those names with the most votes get the delegate spots. You didnt have to pick 15, you could pick 1, you could pick 2, you could pick anything up to 15. If you picked 16 that would void your entire ballot, meaning no one you voted for would count.

Thanks for the info

ChristyInLouisiana
01-22-2008, 09:17 PM
no problem! :)

ninepointfive
01-22-2008, 09:25 PM

wow!
So this is better than I thought! We had all 15 Possible people to be voted for present!

CelestialRender
01-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Lafayette caucus update:

In case you don't know me: I'm delegate #57, Daniel J Schroeder, on the District 7 ticket.

We had a HUGE turnout....but so did the other team. There was a "Pro-Life, Pro-Family" ballot being passed around, outside of the official campaign ballots. Not sure yet exactly whom that ticket represented.

They're counting votes now.

speciallyblend
01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
mark send me some chill pills , im at work , i need more info on LA,is there not a sub forum for info?? i looked found nothing ,any hints? i need a fix:)

ninepointfive
01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Lafayette caucus update:

In case you don't know me: I'm delegate #57, Daniel J Schroeder, on the District 7 ticket.

We had a HUGE turnout....but so did the other team. There was a "Pro-Life, Pro-Family" ballot being passed around, outside of the official campaign ballots. Not sure yet exactly whom that ticket represented.

So if this is the case, we need to learn from this, and make sure to have all the brochures ready, especially the Pro Life ones! Then hand them all out to these people!!

Melissa
01-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Lafayette caucus update:

Jenn said huck/thompson/goul people

ninepointfive
01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Lafayette caucus update:

Would a Paul delegate be listed in that ballot since Paul's platform is pro life?? I'm probably being naive or optimistic here.

FluffyUnbound
01-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Would a Paul delegate be listed in that ballot since Paul's platform is pro life?? I'm probably being naive or optimistic here.

No, the "name" was just a scam. It was Thompson / McCain / Giuliani delegates giving themselves a name they thought would get votes.

I don't know why the Thompson people bothered to show.

And Giuliani isn't pro-life. Or pro-family. Well, his own family anyway.

Shii
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know why the Thompson people bothered to show.Most likely they were Freepers, those guys rallied behind Thompson and enjoy screwing up polls

RonPaulFanInGA
01-22-2008, 09:39 PM

Seems it was a combination of Giuliani, Huckabee and Thompson. Too big of cowards and losers to fight on their own, they band together on some uncommitted ticket it seems.

Giuliani is not even pro-life????

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-22-2008, 09:42 PM
mark send me some chill pills , im at work , i need more info on LA,is there not a sub forum for info?? i looked found nothing ,any hints? i need a fix:)

There is a "Winning Louisiana" subforum in the Other Early Primaries & Caucuses section. There are some very inspiring updates in there. :D

FluffyUnbound
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
There is a "Winning Louisiana" subforum in the Other Early Primaries & Caucuses section. There are some very inspiring updates in there. :D

Yeah, this could be the biggest night for this campaign so far and it's semi under the radar even on this board!

Melissa
01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, this could be the biggest night for this campaign so far and it's semi under the radar even on this board!

Thats why I asked them to put it here I thought all of LA efforst should be front and center it is thier night

hueylong
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Don't worry. If we have good results, it won't be under the radar for long.

PennCustom4RP
01-22-2008, 09:50 PM
District 7 had full slate of delegates and alternates for RP.

Pauls' Revere
01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Where can we see live results?

hueylong
01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
There are no live results tonight.

Pauls' Revere
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
AAARRRGGGG !!!!! This is going to kill me.....

davrobi
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
I work with one of the delegates running on the Prolife-Profamily ballot. She has told me she is wavering between Huckabee and Paul when I asked her who she was supporting. Her son who is too young to vote is a Ron Paul fan. In fact she asked me a while back if I wanted to be on the ballot, but work does not allow at this time to commit to conventions. I do not get the sense that these delegates are Guliani or McCain delegates.

zahirakids
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Think about this. If Paul delegates win tonight they not only decide the National convention delegates the get to decide the LA Republican party platform.

speciallyblend
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
i cant wait,but so far ,it sounds like all talk just like nh/ia i so hope im wrong ,but we heard all the same things before there votes as well,so i hope this time its REAL

Xonox
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
I work with one of the delegates running on the Prolife-Profamily ballot. She has told me she is wavering between Huckabee and Paul when I asked her who she was supporting. Her son who is too young to vote is a Ron Paul fan. In fact she asked me a while back if I wanted to be on the ballot, but work does not allow at this time to commit to conventions. I do not get the sense that these delegates are Guliani or McCain delegates.

The good thing is, even if they do have a majority of delegates, they wont all vote for the same candidate, so Ron will come out on top. It would still be nice to walk away with 50% or more of the delegates though.

Perium
01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
When will we know results?

virginiakid
01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
There are no live results tonight.

Let's just hope that they don't fix the election.

yongrel
01-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Let's just hope that they don't fix the election.

Louisiana is not an inside job.

jlaker
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
do you think we will know something soon!

Mark
01-22-2008, 10:23 PM

Get cha gumbo on rye cheer...

Winning Louisiana

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

Kalash
01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
do you think we will know something soon!

How do you define "soon"?

Really - people are expecting results....

But what are you really expecting?

We're not going to get X votes for Paul, X votes for Rudy.....

And we're not going to get percentages.

We're going to have to find out what delegates have been selected - and how many of them are Ron Paul people...

LA was GREATLY organized from the reports we're getting so far.

Harbor hope - but like getting Cali. kids registered today - it's going to be an invisible victory until the 16th of Feb.

We're just ensuring an EASY win in the future.

Today doesn't really matter...
The primary is on the 9th.

If no one gets 50% - then our efforts tonight will pay off on the 16th.

Nothing spectacular is going to happen tonight.

Relax, and rest assured that there will be good news in the morning - after all the data has been run (i.e. what delegates won, and who each of them really supports...)

hueylong
01-22-2008, 10:26 PM
We will know how many delegates out of 105 we elected to the State convention. That number of delegates can be turned into a percentage. Then, we can run with that info.

Kalash
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Let me amend that...

If we get the majority of the delegates tonight, we can assume we won 20(ish) national convention delegate votes for Ron Paul - because only 1/2 of the delegates will be decided IF someone gets 50% on the 9th's primary.

So... other than a nearly "for sure" future victory, nothing spectacular will happen tonight.

No official tally will be added to Ron Paul's delegate count tonight.

wgadget
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Last sentence RULES!

http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=236690

btwilli1
01-22-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm going to go post my thoughts and experiences over in the Winning LA forum,
I just wanted to say those uncommitted people were dressed nice. I talked to all of them almost at the Pontchartrain Center (District 1). I didn't realize it at the time, but one guy said he liked Thompson, another kept mentioning Huckabee. However none of them mentioned JulieAnnie, in fact the ones I talked to hated Julie. They just said they were uncommitted and wanted a candidate who was Pro Life/Pro Family

I talked to them for awhile. Told them about Ron Paul and how he is very pro-life, mentioned the Roe endorsement. They all liked Paul, and said if they won they would consider voting for him. They said they wanted to become a strong group of delegates who could be swayed to the strongest Pro-Life candidate. I told them I would send our Ron Paul delegation to visit them at the state convention if they made it. They were nice people, and I hooked them all up with a bottle of water. Maybe I planted a seed!

My other comment is that people need to focus on serious issues. Not Pro-Life Pro-Family, come on our men are dying, or dollar sucks. It was frustrating how many people thought Pro-Life was #1 problem in the country.

Ron LOL
01-22-2008, 10:39 PM
My other comment is that people need to focus on serious issues. Not Pro-Life Pro-Family, come on our men are dying, or dollar sucks. It was frustrating how many people thought Pro-Life was #1 problem in the country.

Never ceases to amaze me to find that this and gay marriage often come out on top as the "big issues" of our time...

Come on, seriously.

clouds
01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Last sentence RULES!

http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=236690

ha, i remember him saying those exact words in his quote... sweet.

jlaker
01-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm going to go post my thoughts and experiences over in the Winning LA forum,
I just wanted to say those uncommitted people were dressed nice. I talked to all of them almost at the Pontchartrain Center (District 1). I didn't realize it at the time, but one guy said he liked Thompson, another kept mentioning Huckabee. However none of them mentioned JulieAnnie, in fact the ones I talked to hated Julie. They just said they were uncommitted and wanted a candidate who was Pro Life/Pro Family

I talked to them for awhile. Told them about Ron Paul and how he is very pro-life, mentioned the Roe endorsement. They all liked Paul, and said if they won they would consider voting for him. They said they wanted to become a strong group of delegates who could be swayed to the strongest Pro-Life candidate. I told them I would send our Ron Paul delegation to visit them at the state convention if they made it. They were nice people, and I hooked them all up with a bottle of water. Maybe I planted a seed!

I know, that was my sister and brother in law's big thing. "Prolife"

Mark37snj
01-22-2008, 10:51 PM
So if this is the case, we need to learn from this, and make sure to have all the brochures ready, especially the Pro Life ones! Then hand them all out to these people!!

+1

Mark
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
They just said they were uncommitted and wanted a candidate who was Pro Life/Pro Family

Also, Ron there's Ron's Bill - HR 2597

"Many talk about being pro-life.

In Congress, I am the lead sponsor of HR 2597 the ‘Sanctity of Life Act’ and a similar bill, HR 300 the ‘We the People Act.’"

Paul introduced The Sanctity of Life Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctity_of_Life_Act) of 2005, a bill that would have defined human life to begin at conception (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conception),

and removed challenges to prohibitions on abortion from federal court jurisdiction.[138] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul#_note-100)

In 2005, Paul introduced the We the People Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_the_People_Act), which would have removed "any claim based upon the right of privacy,

including any such claim related to any issue of ... reproduction" from the jurisdiction of federal courts.

If made law, either of these acts would allow states to prohibit abortion.[100] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul#_note-wtpa)

expatriot
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM

Amen to that.
Abortion is hardly an issue if the only result is more deaths for some distant battleground.

Imagine if you had the choice -

1.--- being aborted in your mother's womb

-or-

2.--- existing for 18 years,
12 of which are spent in the penitentiaries we call public schools
only to be drafted upon graduation
and then sent to die on the battlefields of Ira*.
As a virgin, no less,
never to actually enjoy a moment of a life of your own.

I don't support abortion,
but the path laid out by the warmongering is utterly unconscionable.

In a society not at war we would have a chance to properly address abortion.
In a society at war abortion becomes a moot point - our children die, either way.

Please don't take offense, this is merely my perspective...

Airborn
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Here is something good to read about how well we did at the LA caucus: from huck's army :)
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7526&start=15

matratzac
01-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Here is something good to read about how well we did at the LA caucus: from huck's army :)

lol poor huck

torchbearer
01-22-2008, 11:26 PM

+99999999999999999

Everyone must read this shit!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Lmfao!!! Great job, Louisiana grass roots!

Xonox
01-22-2008, 11:27 PM

good find... some of my favorite posts there

I'm also hearing that the other candidates didn't have enough delegates so what they did was Rudy's guys along with Fred and Mike's all joined together to form the pro-life group to have a complete slate of delegates to avoid having Ron Paul sweep the districts.... - Even acting as one, can the Neocons beat Dr. Paul? I think not!

I just got back your right, the Ron people had the whole delegate slate full (15) in district 7 they also had the alt. delegates full, and they auto. won them because no other candidate applyed for them. Thats right... they couldn't get a single delegate in district 7.

But why were there so few Huck delegates, despite his "large grassroots support," well, heres what one Huck supporter had to say:

None of the delegates in District five had commited to Mike Huckabee. This shocked me at first, but I found out that this is because the delegates who personally support Mike want to be able to switch their support if Mike doesn't make it far enough in the race. Oh, it's because they don't think Huck can get far enough in the race! Who's electable now, Mr. Huckabee?

Ranger29860
01-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Oh, it's because they don't think Huck can get far enough in the race! Who's electable now Mr. Huckabee?

O.O.O (raises hand) i know this one :D

Bilgefisher
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I love how they complained he was the media is so biased against Huckabee. Well at least he gets friggin media coverage.

btwilli1
01-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah one of those Pro-Life/Pro-Family ticket people, were going on about Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul are nowhere in the media. I was like you are crazy. He knew Ron Paul got nowhere near the coverage of Huck

ConstitutionGal
01-22-2008, 11:42 PM
My favorite posts on Huck's forum:

Anyway the I think this story will go under the radar but we must get mike Huckaee people out on Feb 9th!!! If it under 50 percent this state will have a lot of delgates go to Ron Paul

bobo37
01-22-2008, 11:51 PM
another quote I like from the Hucks army page

"Anyway the I think this story will go under the radar but we must get mike Huckaee people out on Feb 9th!!! If it under 50 percent this state will have a lot of delgates go to Ron Paul"

I dought it if he's even in the race on the 9th

torchbearer
01-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Anyone interested in enlisting louisiana's help, sign up with meet-up group 1210.
It's our centralized meet-up group for all the local groups. That is the place to enlist our team members and ask questions.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1210/

parke
01-23-2008, 01:33 AM
bump

AircooledVW
01-23-2008, 01:50 AM
O.O.O (raises hand) i know this one :D

That was the single greatest post in the history of man. I tip my hat to you, kind Gentleman!

pacelli
01-23-2008, 02:25 AM
Told them about Ron Paul and how he is very pro-life, mentioned the Roe endorsement. They all liked Paul, and said if they won they would consider voting for him. They said they wanted to become a strong group of delegates who could be swayed to the strongest Pro-Life candidate. I told them I would send our Ron Paul delegation to visit them at the state convention if they made it. They were nice people, and I hooked them all up with a bottle of water. Maybe I planted a seed!

It sounds to me like you not only planted a seed, you watered it! Nice job! THANK YOU!!